It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA to slam rocket into moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Another possibility here is that NASA is trying to destroy evidence before someone else gets a chance to see it...

Good thought, It could just come down to that. Hopefully well be told where exactly this thing hits, and see if it coincides with and area that has been under suspicion of alien activity

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
With the onslaught of nations jumping aboard with their own plans to return to the moon, the theory from someone here about taking out evidence with this missile makes perfect sense. Looking for water vapor is the perfect coverup.

I wish john lear could give us his thoughts on this. . . . is there evidence of alien structures in the general area where they plan to aim this rocket john? It says poles, so it could be either. Have any idea where they might do this?

The Lunar Crater Observation and Sensing Satellite (LCROSS) will purposely impact the Moon near the pole to kick up a huge plume of material. This will be analyzed for the presence of water and other water-bearing compounds. The LCROSS mission will use the spent Earth departure upper stage (EDUS) of the launch vehicle and a small shepherding satellite to guide the EDUS to the Moon. LCROSS will blast the permanently dark floor of one of the Moon’s polar craters with the EDUS early in 2009 to test the theory that ancient ice lies buried there.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
I honestly cant believe that we havent done or at least attempted this in the past. Seriously though, some of those "impact craters" look like they could be H-Bomb craters. from the recent or possibly the very distant past.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Kr0n0s]

We have.

In the 1950s we tried to to explode an atomic bomb on the moon to show the Russians how cool we were.

The missle was averted, but the official story is that the project 'mysteriously disappeared', such as the following:

Nuke The Moon

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by whos_out_there
IMHO i think they should leave that damn rock alone and stop tinkering with earths nature.

What are they gonna do if the moon breaks apart?

Will it cause total mayhem here on earth??

Absolutely! The moon plays an integral and massively important part in keeping our world and its many components in order and an even greater roll in its rotation and part the earth plays in the solar system.

I think this could be a big mistake depending on what size and type of rocket they decide to use, if any?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Maybe they plan to nuke or gas the aliens that are in the moon? I mean, they could be planning to kill-off any living aliens so that it could facilitate there return to the moon on 2020. I bet they don't want no aliens harassing our astronauts.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Video animation of how NASA plans to explode rocket into moons surface:
cbs4boston.com...

Something just doesnt sit right with me on this. Could this be the first step in instigating conflict with ebe's that may be on the moon?

Maybe there is something to this and 2012?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It does seem a little old school. Lets blow it up and see whats inside. Great science. - They should get the myth busters boys on to it.

Anyhow I'm not calling it an act of war just yet, for there are way too many assumptions.

What other ways could you collect water vapour samples in a less "yeee Haw' manner??? Remote robotic platform??

Couldn't they be testing sample-return hardware in preparations for Mars...

Initial manned missions wouldn't go longer than a week (tops), so why are they concerned about water - just hurry up and get there already, put equipment there to find water once you get there.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hmm how would 1 rocket to the moon, if there are aliens there be war? I mean we'd just launch 1 measley rocket?

Wouldn't that be like tossin' a pebble at the hornets nest?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Wouldn't that be like tossin' a pebble at the hornets nest?

Doing that sounds dangerous; it would be more like tossin' a pebble into a desolate, bare rock. I bet that the above mentioned Greys aren't doing anything about it. Any bets?

[edit on 28-1-2007 by Celtibero]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
so uh... I tossed a pebble at a hornets nest and got stung...

So what im meaning to say is.. A hornet takes care of small threats to

Edited for keyboard mistake >.>

[edit on 29-1-2007 by The Bear Man]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
looks like that scene from time machine were the moon breaks up becuase of demolitions of a luner holiday resort could come true although it wont be cos of a holiday resort obviously. we will know soon enough wether there inteligent life on the moon and if they have weapons to defend themselves i think NASA had better think this one through a bit first cos if someone fired a missile at them theyd be pissed and fire back who says aliens arent gonna do the same no matter how peaceful they may be.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Here is what doesn't sit right with me.

The purpose of the explosion on the moon is to look for ice underneath the surface. NASA says they expect a crater of about half a football field in length and SIXTEEN feet deep. What the hell???

Sixteen feet is nothing. Wouldn't it be more informative to put a rather small sized drilling machine on the surface that could go much deeper than sixteen feet and give you more reliable samples than scooping up samples from an explosion plume?

Just doesn't sound like a logical approach, but then again, I am no expert.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's just research. NASA slammed into a comet recently to gain info. They are doing the same thing now. We have to do the research now in order to best prepare for the upcoming lunar base we are going to build.

Originally posted by greerISaFraud
Just doesn't sound like a logical approach, but then again, I am no expert.

NASA is full of experts ... but they aren't always logical.

[edit on 1/29/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
We've been bouncing stuff off the moon for decades, guys.

The Ranger program was a series of unmanned space missions by the United States in the 1960s whose objective was to obtain the first close-up images of the surface of the Moon. The Ranger spacecraft were designed to collide with the lunar surface, returning imagery until they were destroyed upon impact.

Ranger 4 had a perfect launch, but the spacecraft was completely disabled. The project team tracked the seismometer capsule to impact just out of sight on the lunar far side...

Ranger 6, launched 30 January 1964, lunar probe, impact, cameras failed

Wiki

And don't forget

31 July 1999 at 9:52:02 UT (5:52:02 EDT) when Lunar Prospector was deliberately targeted to impact in a permanently shadowed area of the Shoemaker crater near the lunar south pole

Wiki

[edit on 29-1-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Saw a report on the television news approx 3 weeks ago. It said that the moon was breaking up and crumbling. And now NASA wants to run a rocket into it.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's just research. NASA slammed into a comet recently to gain info. They are doing the same thing now. We have to do the research now in order to best prepare for the upcoming lunar base we are going to build.
[edit on 1/29/2007 by FlyersFan]

Now that just makes too much sense!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join