It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militarization of US Police

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips

Originally posted by marg6043
first they will have to convince American citizens to give away their nation's sovereignety in orther to change the constitution, something that I can already see the riots and protest againts a stupidity like that.

I'm sorry to say, I believe all they would have to convince is Congress. The President is already on board.

Marg6043 is pretty close. LLSS on the other hand, is wrong. Congress is the representatives of the People. They are in fact the voice of the people, in the Government body form.

There's an amendment that protects us from what you have suggested. The 2nd Amendment.

An amendment can only be changed by a vote of 2/3's the states populous in favor of such. And that simply won't happen.

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
Where do people buy guns now? I know around here the stores don't even sell guns.

Gun and Pawn shops.

Gun Shows

Walmart

and the easiest of all... Online (which will still require the transfer through a FFL)

[edit on 1/31/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I know 1 thing they wont take weapon unless by force.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i ment thay wont take my gun unless by force.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Think of the bigger picture.

How do they stop anything? Drink driving?, ban alchol, nope, change attitudes towards them and make it a jail-offence, yup.

How do you ban guns without shootings with cops taking them? Simple,

1. Ban the sale of new guns
2. Ban the sale of ammo
3. Make it an offence to carry a gun in a public space.

That way you can keep your guns, but you can't get new ammo, and eventually everything rusts!

So if they wanted to do it they could very easily. Its the same argument from the die-hard smokers...... "they'll never stop me smoking" in twenty years time, fags will only be found in museums!

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ciewan
Think of the bigger picture.

How do they stop anything? Drink driving?, ban alchol, nope, change attitudes towards them and make it a jail-offence, yup.

How do you ban guns without shootings with cops taking them? Simple,

1. Ban the sale of new guns
2. Ban the sale of ammo
3. Make it an offence to carry a gun in a public space.

That way you can keep your guns, but you can't get new ammo, and eventually everything rusts!

So if they wanted to do it they could very easily. Its the same argument from the die-hard smokers...... "they'll never stop me smoking" in twenty years time, fags will only be found in museums.

Sorry. Won't work. The 2nd Amendment provides the people (you and I) with the right to possess and bear arms.

As far as taking away the ammo?

You want some ammo? I'll make you some. That's why they invented the reloading kits.

Originally posted by ThEsEnTiNeL
i ment thay wont take my gun unless by force.

I'm there. They can take my guns, after I give them the ammo first, out of my cold dead fingers.

[edit on 2/1/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Ban the ammo, all that is left is home loaders...

Ban the sale or transport of explosive material, and you've got no more powder for reloads...

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
Ban the ammo, all that is left is home loaders...

Ban the sale or transport of explosive material, and you've got no more powder for reloads...

Guess that means no more barbecues then, huh? They'll have to ban the sale and transport of charcoal, too. Since charcoal is one ingredient for making gunpowder.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I don't currently own a guy. But I will find one and use it should they try and take that right away.

posted on Feb, 2 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I don't currently own a guy. But I will find one and use it should they try and take that right away.

+1

Shouldn't be hard to find one there in San Antonio.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join