It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the safest place on earth

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
[edit on 11-1-2009 by Northern Raider]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeros

we dont actually have rabies in australia at all but.. serious bush fires currently

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by manchurian_candidate

To answer you simply and directly. At Jesus Feet. Everything else will burn!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I have attempted to research, 'Where is the safest place in USA'? There really is NO SAFEST PLACE! Where did they send Treasonous Bush when 9/11 happened? OMAHA Nebraska! Where are there Government Facilities, underground; Virginia, Colorado! Kentucky houses Fort Knox!

Look for the Nuclear Sites and stay clear!

Look for Mid-Western/Northern States and be sure to have a deep basement and fireplace, food storage, heirloom seeds, healing herbs, medicines, and tons of DVD's and YOUR OWN WELL, Solar, Wind Mills!

If anyone knows you have a stockpile to survive disasters, be if friend or family, believe me you will NOT be safe! The FEAR in people and animals will drive people insane. No one can be trusted, at this level!

Get to the Countryside, Mountain Tops, caves, underground and stay, away from wind currents in the event Yellowstone erupts or Nuclear Explosions. There are cells that have already set up to NUKE major sources, in USA. It is just a matter of time.

Most of all, listen to your dreams and intuition. As far as the advice to move around, well, that sounds great, but really it is impractical. No one will have enough GAS to travel. If you travel by horse people will kill it to eat. Anything you have will be taken by those who have NOT.

Safest Place...is your own place. Ready or Not, here it comes! Be Prepared for the Worst and Pray for the Best. I believe in the human spirit to RISE above total disaster, but I also understand MAN is the biggest BEAST on Earth.

I often wonder if it would not be a blessing to Die, early, if any of these things happened in America. It is going to be Hell on Earth. For Now, a lot of people can get rich on selling, fear-based products.
Kachina

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

I think going to Hungary has been greatly infuenced by the weakest of the sexes

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

Do you know anything about how the world is going to end. Obviously you dont, because two great rivers sounds like a way to start a massive flood to me from rains coming down at 70 mph for about 5 whole days.

Get a clue Dark Cyrstalline!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well, did not the Bush family buy large lands in Peru just a couple of years ago?

Maybe a good loctation when TSHTF IMHO. They are in the know.

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Gotta be the West Coast / Southern Alps on New Zealand. Not many people from the city (not that there are any on the west coast) could stand surviving in the rainforest, but there's plenty of food and an abundance of resources. 2.4m of rain a year, nothing to hurt you in the bush. Create a shelter and get to carving a place out of the land.

The only problem I have is each time you fly over the Southern Alps you can actually see the red outback dust from Aus coating whole sections of mountainside, dumped there by the winds. It stands out brilliantly. Sooo if Aus suffered a decent nuking, I might be living in the middle of a fallout wind, depending on what time of year it happened.

Anyhow I don't think one nuke would create much of a difference (apart from the sunsets). A few might though.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
On pretty much all levels -- I'd have to say Australia, far north Queensland, Atherton Tablelands. I challenge anyone to find a safer place in any regard -- political, war, natural disasters, climate change, fertile/green land, open minded/like minded people... etc.

I seriously can't think of a better place in all those points.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

NZ also has something to consider...The Mongrel Mob, who are a pervasive gang that permeates both Islands and their method of operand is selling what they call "Pea" or Ice. This particular gang is something to consider if you are fleeing to a foreign land thinking everything is safe and sweet, as they are violent, aggressive and have large membership and could very easily make you have a bad hair day.

Don't worry about those scum. Take them out of the city and away from their mates and the turn into crying little babys. Anyhow, at the first sign of lawlessness they would turn on the Black Power gang, and the Satan's Slaves and the Roadkights..... Let them all kill themselves in a fight for power in the citys and main towns. People like that are unable to survive when forced to act independently of the gang.

I wouldn't be worried about them at all.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by manchurian_candidate

The Safest Place on Earth - ATS inspired video:
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
You need to gather a large group of people to dig a vault into a mountain and create a secret life survival vault like Fallout 3. Why do you think a game like this, with this certain scenario was made? It's our virtual survival training session that was provided to us subliminally...Just get enough people willing to sell all their belongings and save up like $1,000,000 and begin a secret underground EXODUS operation. WHO'S WITH ME?

[edit on 24-5-2009 by Cisko]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
There is no such thing as the safest place in the world...it all depends on what goes down. Obviously, big cities are not likely to be safe, but beyond that semi-rural or suburban areas, with lots big enough to grow food crops and with neighbors helping each other aren't necessarily any less safe than a remote mountain stronghold or island. It could even be argued that in some (admittedly unlikely) circumstances even an urban apartment or condo might be the safest place to be (is it better to have a job and a paycheck within walking distance?, for example).

It all depends. What do you think you need to prepare for? Once you have that sussed out then you will know the type of place you need to be. And just remember that you could very well be wrong when TSHTF in actuality. Most people will have gotten their Worst Case Scenario completely wrong. That's the only thing that I can guarantee 100%.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think the island of St. Helena, in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
Map
Info

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

Which brings me to the Dooms Day Bomb. Or a Get Even Bomb. Any country could take a few hydrogen bombs, wrap them in large quantities of cobalt, and set them off inside their own country. The resulting radioactive contamination would gradually encircle the earth, likely killing not only all humans but perhaps all life, including lowly bacteria and so on. This is the kind of thing Kim Jong Il could do and no one could stop him. Like Jim Jones, “Take a drink of my Kool-Aid.”

Wow. nice bite off of a reality sandwhich.

Crazy how far we have gone.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RR98

Exactly! In a real doomsday scenario, it all depends on the nature of the disaster and the breaks: asteroid/comet strike - where? Near star super-nova - which side of the earth gets fried? Nuclear war - what targets were hit and how badly? etc. etc. In the end, its mainly the unpredictable breaks that will determine the 'safest spots on earth'. And that my friends is what natural selection is all about.

Apart from each family having a stockpile of emergency necessities there really isn't anything else one can do. At least not without giving living their pre-disaster life up. I mean who wants to go hide in a cave now, in anticipation of something that might not happen for another 50, 100, 1000 years?

So IMHO, there is a balancing act between the safety that a remote spot may bring, and the safety that being in proximity to others will afford. Let's remember that humans are a social animal and that post-disaster, living other than an animalistic survival (just obtaining the basics) must include other peoples - and due to genetics - not current family members.
So maybe I would get out of a big urban center if I knew something was imminent, but other than that, as long as someplace has access to fresh water, and the potential to obtain basic foods, then one place (with your supplies) is as good as the next.

For a really good read on this scenario, I recommend 'Earth Abides' by George Stewert. Published in 1949, it is refreshing in its basic concepts, and still timely in its consideration of the attempt to rebuild a society.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The Book of Zephaniah 2:3

"Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD's anger."

The only real refuge is in Yeshua and His Father. Go to the mountains with His blessing upon your soul that you may be saved in the day of His wrath or right now.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I would have to agree with North Yukon. Tons of mountains up there to hide, and there is no reason they would bomb an area with no people inhabited. Also Tierra del Fuego as it would be the last place effected by radiation.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Double Post.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Maddogkull]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join