It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the safest place on earth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I think I'd stay right here in Pennsylvania. It might get nuked, it might have fallout, it might whatever, but so might every other place on Earth and at least if I stay put it's easy to get where I'm going and I know how to get there. :-)
Me too,I got mountains all around me,as well as caves.I know this land like the back of my hand.And i know how to survive in it.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'd have to say the Andes Moutains in Chile, very high, above sea level.
Some small towns and farms suround the moutains. There are even small
underground paths, caves and rooms under the moutains. Manmade of course, the Chilean Goverment blocked off some of these caves due to children running into them and getting lost. These paths/caves were constructed Centuries ago. Why?

Great Thread Starred and Flagged.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I've thought about islands, and there are several disadvantages besides the obvious tsunami / sea level rising issue. Water is the first issue with an island - and most tend to have limited amounts. The second is when your population recovers and grows, your land (and thus resources) are finite, but the people will continue to grow. I've read this is what happened to the civilization on Easter Island.

I live in Canada, in Calgary, which is on the west side of the country just over the continental divide. While Calgary has no earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, etc., the city is an oil hub, and could be a target, and the city is running out of fresh waters as our glaciers disappear.

The Yukon is nice, but cold, and the tarsand projects in Northern Alberta is going to poison the majority of the water down to the Arctic Ocean (this will affect the Northwest Territories more).

I think the better location is coastal Northern British Columbia. Just below the Alaskan panhandle, there a place called Bella Coola. It is warm (well, warm for Canada at least), has a large, yet unpolluted river, close to the coast but in the mountains (to be save from a rising ocean), and on a deep fjord, (to protect against tsunamis). It is also part of the Pacific rainforest, so less likely to be wiped out by forest fires, which is an issue in BC. It has a long growing season for growing crops, and has abundant wildlife / seafood if needed. If the world goes nuts, this is where I'd run to.

I also think New Zealand is perfect as well, though I've never been. It is isolated, and far as I've heard, they seem to lack the natural disasters the rest of the world endures.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Machu Pichu, the ancients were onto something when they constructed that behemoth of a place!

Impregnable to everything except air power!.

Realistic alternatives include a castle or fortification from olden times that has it's walls intact. higher the ground the better
Plenty of these exist and have stood the test of time.
The problem is you'd need to cache and build up the defenses prior to SitX.
You'd also need at least 15 or more of you to garrison it properly
Wales has high ground and some mighty fortresses as does Southern Germany, Switzerland and Spain.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IntoTheVoid

An island sounds good, but with the rising sea levels and increased risk of tsunamis, probably not such a good idea. I think find a cave high in the hills and close to a dam in southern Australia. You then have shelter, plenty of deer, rabbits and fish, fertile soil and fresh water. All the volcanos are extinct, it doesn't have alot of earthquakes. you'd be high enough so the sea levels won't effect you, and lets face it, there are more interesting and powerful countries for invasions. That's where I'll be in 2012!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It sure as hell isn't anywhere on the continental US, given the neo con nutjobs on this forum, put it this way...

Much safer anywhere remote in the Southern Hemisphere IMO...

Peace

P.S -- NZ was a god suggestion by an earlier poster, as will be certain parts of inland Australia, with good water supplies yet far from population...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I would have to say north American Pacific Northwest plenty of food high enough to be free of flooding from the rising ocean do to global warming and no NUKES! large predators while I'll have my trusty 30.6

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
oh... I forgot and Chicks cant survive without females
umm Hot ones to!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Lot's of females! hot ones and one more thing Toilet paper
I don't want to be wiping with no damn leaves!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I know some of you are against Islands but as an 'Islander' I would say The Falkland Islands would be a good place. Its in the Southern Atlantic, it has a mild climate (contrary to popular belief), its British, has an airlink, plus a garrison, guardship and a fighter squadron. Its full of sheep, penguins, seals, fish, etc. Water is not a problem. Its sparcely populated. Its not a low lying group of islands so wouldnt be swamped. The locals are used to hardships and a self-sufficient lifestyle. It is still very much a pioneer lifestyle (much like Alaska) and its far enough off the beaten track to be forgotten about ...... and its about to get very rich from oil.

Failing that, Siberia seems a nice locale.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
In bed with George Bush.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

I agree with the falklands. Even a few well trained locals in the falklands self defense force (a militia, not regular troops).

As for me ? I'd haul ass to either Chile or the Tibetan plateau if io had loads of cash and a small army, but in reality ? in Scotland, cairngorms. High, good terrain, loads of food and water aplenty.

Oh and just try finding some one up there with no air cover...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by donwhite

I agree with the equatorial location as a preferred place to be. Temperate-zoned areas prove to be more consusive to the support of life. Ironically, those who survive will be surviving on food that has been far more irradiated than we would ever tolerate in "a normal" situation. There may be pockets of uncontaminated food, but how would we really know where and would we be lucky enough to have ended up living in such a place before those eventful moments occur?

I think it would be wonderful to know a spot to go where you might at least have a chance to extend your existence. I think it is more reasonable -- and likely more attainable -- to map out your survival plan based on your immediate needs.

In other words, if you live in a city, what are your options? Tunnel under your house? ...

Of course, if I sit here in my home on my computer and that big, hot, blast hits in a nearby location or city, then ... whatever plans I've made are quite nullified, are they not?

Me? I'm gonna try to get my life straight and make good with God. Then do my best at whatever I find myself doing, whereever I find myself, and hope that the inhabitants of this old world will learn to stop allowing egos and elitism to blind us to the reality that we all share "this little bit of dust."

Peace

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
/

- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /
- /

THIS IS WHAT KILLS US, EVEN IN REMOTE AREAS OF THE WORLD!

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by manchurian_candidate

In the eye of a Hurricane. Who's gonna mess with you there!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'd have to say the Australian outback would provide, with the right knowledge and training, one of the best regions to survive in.

I've been trained in bushcraft and survival techniques by the Australian Army (3 months in Battle Wing Tully with the Commando Regiment) - and this training would definitely ensure survivability.

The remoteness of Australia is it's greatest ally - we have the most isolated city in the world (Perth), and massive expanses of bushland, ripe with animals, plant life, water and cover.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i would say machu pichu????plenty of fresh water, all kinds of animals to eat and a very spiritual place as well,and i would think you would want anything you can get even if not a spiritual person...
Me ;myself I would like to be right in the middle of it cause there wouldnt be much to live for anyway, and i mean it would be depressing!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I'm not telling. Actually the fact is no one really knows what will happen tomorrow let alone on 2012. Take it one day at a time and be ready to be liquid. Moving around is the best bet this is how to survive. Staying in one place and being pinned down to one place is ok for some situations but the best plan is to be liquid. You need 5 locations you can get to as a min. oh and keep transportation simple.

quickerest

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Switzerland. Where the people who start wars keep their money.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
When it comes, and it will, it will be by sky. The heavens will fill as they have before with silver orbs raining down the flesh eating plagues. Roiling the seas and slapping the wind.

They will come to cull the heard, harvest souls and cleanse the planet. The weapons earthlings use to attempt destroying those orbs will poison the atmosphere that much more. But countries will not turn nuclear weapons on one another. They won't be able to as the weapons won't function.

There will safe places, everywhere on every continent. Rural locations. Stay away from concentrated populations. Stay away from low altitudes, anything below 500 ft above sea level will surely be beach front land when the skies finally clear. The safest places to weather the short violent storm will be under ground. That's why they bore.

In America, 100,000 handpicked will enter those government holes.

The rest need 30 days of food and water in earthen shelter. 2 years more worth stored. Seeds, aspirin and vitamin C will be the new money. The dead will be gathered, burned and buried. The cities won't be safe to live in due to virus and maddening man. For he now knows there is not the God he prayed to.

But it is, the rural high altitudes the world over will be left alone.

India, China, Japan, Indonesia, England, Holland, Australia, Mexico and most of the north American seaboards will perish. All brightly lit cities worldwide will be sprayed and death will come within weeks if not days or hours.

It's the aftermath where the roving mad and the filthy human thieves take the next great toll. Arm yourselves, be quiet, vigilant and merciless, stay skinny. Maintain small networks but tell no one what you harbor.

Then, that too shall pass. For those that survive - tens of millions will be left to repopulate this planet, a new day will dawn. A new greater God will arise...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join