It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the safest place on earth

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This might help you consider the safest place to live.

Cornerstone of World's Highest Security Seed Bank is Laid

I'd personally choose Iceland. (considering crime rate, population, location etc as well)

[edit on 21-3-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The safest place on earth?
The Pentagon of course!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'd love to see this thread move to where the safest place in the US is. Hurricanes, earthquakes, tornados, bitter winters, crime, immigrants, etc... I really don't have a clue. I'm luck enough to live in a community where we really don't have to lock our doors, but hurricanes and illegals are a problem, along with the now and then tornado threat. I'd have to lean toward northern New Mexico or southern Colorado as places that seem to be fairly safe, but I really don't know.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
oh man your hilarious, you lump a catastrophic natural disaster with illegal immigration. I can just picture the way you panic at the sight of one "omg look an illegal, everyon cower into the bomb shelter before he steals our job and sucks our medical dry (a stereotype of severe inaccuracy).

N-T-WAYZ,there is no place on Earth you can go where you will not be sunject to the possibility of severe climatic or geological conditions. Even if you find an island noone is fighting for, what are the odds it can support a human life? The only inhabitants may very well rodents and birds, and how do you know that if a typhoon hits if there will be anywhere safe on said to island to shelter in.

No thank you, I will take my chances in the land I know best with the people I know best, doing my part to fix the problems instead of running from it.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I could not think of a better place to live as far as freedoms go than the rural South of the US. We are screwed when it comes to tactical nuke targets and the coastal regions are wide open to natural disaster, but come on, where else in the civilized world can you drive down the street with an AK-47 with a 75 rnd drum in the back seat and no one will bother you? As long as you are abiddng the law and not threatening anyone, no problem. I am not the exception, as a matter of fact I am pretty tame compared to the rest of the rural populace.

The rural South is taught to be independent at a young age. Most around here grow up with a rifle in their hands and know how to hunt. We always get a bad rap for being backwards inbred hicks (and belive me they are plentiful in some parts), but that is an incorrect assumption. The south is still technically under reconstruction acts passed after the civil war, so we are used to going without. Everyone thinks there are Klan members around every tree, but after three decades I have yet to see any FBI agents..I mean Klan members. Country folk are just that these days..folk. The biggest thorn in the side of the NWO is how to get the guns out of the South's populace because they know how to use them and will. We did it once before against the Federal government.

I have always thought once the South falls, so will the nation and then the world, as far as personal freedoms are concerned. When it come to being the safest place, well I do not know, but as the most self reliant...we are up there.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
How about by the "Hubble Telescope".

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Im gonna let you guys in on a little secret.

Patagonia is the place to be.

Patagonia is a wild and windswept land located near the tip of South America that includes portions of Chile and Argentina. It features spectacular granite towers, some of the biggest glaciers in the southern hemisphere, and grassy steppes where colorful gauchos herd cattle and sheep across limitless prairies. It’s a place that has always appealed to a special kind of traveler, lured by lofty summits and stupendous scenery. It’s the kind of land where you can wander at will and find yourself lost in the most interesting ways.

Patagonia exudes a magnetic emptiness that calls forth a commensurate feeling for a newer, fresher, more hopeful world.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i posted it once before, if your looking for political stability, independence, and safety, and prosperity at the same time, just go to switzerland. a safe haven if not consideringg any natural occurances, and even that is rare in switzerland. i have never heard of a hurricane hitting it or an earthquake, etc. so yeah guess it's pretty safe there. well at least historically...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by pmexplorer
The safest place on earth?
The Pentagon of course!

If only that were true, already made a good target of it.

No one here gets out alive, the safest place on earth was, is and always will be a good heart.

That's so cute about the moose Dulcimer, I'm coming to your house. ;-)

[edit on 2-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Where is the safest place on earth?

The cemetery.

This
is
not
a
one
sentence
post.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Neither is this one, oh, the pressure to reason through and relate lucidly is overwhelming.....

Who knows where the safest place on earth is, if it gets as bad as some of the prognosticators like to predict, it looks like we're going to have to hang on to our hats, because it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Some say the caves in Peru, some say the mountain regions.

I say learn to douse for water, or at least bring someone along who can.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by INc2006
i posted it once before, if your looking for political stability, independence, and safety, and prosperity at the same time, just go to switzerland. a safe haven if not consideringg any natural occurances, and even that is rare in switzerland. i have never heard of a hurricane hitting it or an earthquake, etc. so yeah guess it's pretty safe there. well at least historically...

Switzerland has its own problems. It's small and has an extremely dense population for its size and is reliant on outside sources for its energy and food needs.

Like all mountainous countries with glaciers, it suffers from earthquakes, avalanches and flash flooding.

Mother Nature is always trying to figure out a way to take you out. I would avoid the coasts and low lying areas near water(NOLA). Flooding has killed more folks than any other form of natural disaster. The other things you mentioned such as political stability are human artifice. Safety is an illusion. Luck favors the well prepared mind. Read Ragnar Benson, Tom Brown and Chris Nyergres. They live the lives that all well prepared folk should.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Has anyone considered the possibility of actually escaping this physical existance and ascending to light ? maybe the only way this annhiliation cycle can be broken is by individuals that can transcend reality ?

Those that can't are condemned to relive the quadtrillion year cycle and keep cycling through until the lights go on

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
There is no safe place.

The entire northern hemisphere is subject to nuclear contamination as soon as the nukes start going off. Almost the entire part of North America (including the great lakes) will die when Yellowstone goes off. Tidal waves and Earth Quakes from the Ring of Fire nail the entire Pacific. Africa is full of disease and tribal wars. The Middle East and the Iran/Iraq area are full of terrorists, wars, and religious fanatics that make it completely unsafe. The mediteranean is subject to terrorism and also earthquakes/volcanos. New Zealand is volcanic and subject to tidal waves. Australia has tidal waves and the outback isn't hospitable. South America? The mid-part might be okay, but it too has tropical diseases to deal with as well as a hole in the ozone that is negatively affecting the bottom 1/3 of the continent. China has natural disaster problems, but more problems with the government. If you pray wrong, you will get yourself thrown in jail.

Bird Flu will be everywhere.
The entire planet is messed up. There is no place to hide.

Originally posted by shai hulud
I could not think of a better place to live as far as freedoms go than the rural South of the US.

I lived in Alabama for almost 10 years. Sorry, but it was the most backwards place I've ever been to. The fundamentalists were anti-everyone-but-us and some were downright scary. I had them knocking at my door telling me 'once saved always saved' and that they could kill me and still go to heaven because they were 'saved'. I don't consider the south a safe place for anyone who isn't a fundamentalist - WASP.

[edit on 4/3/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

As for Australia we have the "Full Up" sign at the moment while we are trying to sort out these Lebanese Criminals who think they have taken the country over

Hmmm.... I wonder how the Aborigonies felt when their country was taken over by the deported British, many of whom actually were criminals! You have no right to say "full up", it's not your land, the Land belongs to God alone. We are all the children of Adam, whether Lebanese or British.

Anyway, back to topic... forget the USA. Nevermind that Yellowstone is there, once Sit X happens, Martial Law is there in a flash. FEMA camps and the rest of it. Congrats, you are now slaves on the global plantation, working for the NWO international bankers.

Europe, forget it. Especially Britain, the Big Brother state, where I am now. Some people have been suggesting Switzerland? Do you thin kthey have a large enough army to defend against Germany or France or Italy or any other country that is going to come in there and plunder their wealth once Sit X happens and international laws are thrown out of the window?

Australia and NZ, too isolated and far from the rest of civilisation. Let's say you want to leave that place 10 years down the line after Sit X, how are you going to do it, with no planes? As we can also see from Mezzroth's post above, the Australian people might not be too friendly to foreigners.

Islands? No way! The ecosystem of islands is often very very fragile, so with just a small increase in people or a disturbance to the natural habitat, you could run out of food or water. In any case, you are very vulnerable to natural disasters, tidal waves, weather changes, lack of rain, etc. And if the island is small, where are you going to run and hide if the inhabitants of the island decide they want you and your family to get off and they come after you?

My opinion is this -- go to someplace where nobody wants to go, where nobody wants to conquer. That means Africa. Not the central or southern states (just look at what is happening in Zimbabwe) but the northern states which are just a few minutes away from Spain and Europe, like Morocco. The people are freindly and good. The land is open and spacious. You need to go to urban places to stock up on supplies, the cities are there. You need to go to the hills to hide, they are there too. You want to get back to Europe after Sit X cools down? Just jup accross the sea to Spain.

[edit on 5-4-2007 by JimBob77]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
North Africa safe!

Tell that to the thousands of Muslim fundementalists who'd skin anyone who wasn't of their tribe or religious sect. The French got run out of the place in the '60's and they were just as reluctant to leave there as they were Vietnam in the '50's. The Taureg and other tribesmen of North Africa are as fierce fighters as any the world.

Safety is relative term. I lived and worked with locals in 5 different overseas countries while serving in the military. If you follow the simple rule of treating other like you want to be treated, mind your own business and taking time to learn the lay of the land you'll be fine 99.9 percent of the time.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kix
The north Yukon,plenty of water, no humans, plenty of game, good timber and isolated as hell also the whole place is not a target...

Just one thing about the Yukon, there are sensitve Radar instalations there as well as ALERT being north of it as well. Not to forget to mention when the ensuing ice age happens after the bombs fall the Yukon like any other Northern part of Canada or the Arctic will will go into a deep freeze.

When the time comes that all of us have face that "blinding flash and .00029 seconds of diamond melting heat" I'd prefer to be some where on an island that is well above sea level, near the equator and have a boat with good sails, a radio and a rifle with plenty of ammunition.

Articnull

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If bombs were to fall and all hell breaks loose... hijacking a nuclear-powered submarine would be the best option (with someone who knows how to run/fix the thing of course)... the safest place is under the water in the ocean.

Every now-and-then (when food and water is low), you go inland and resupply... and there is one bonus for living in a sub... it is quite hard to detect a submarine and storms doesn't affect the sub as much as ships. And you can survive an ice-age in a sub (if it was possible to resupply on food and water, during an ice-age).

But the crappy thing about reality is... it is next to impossible to get/hijack a submarine (forget buying one).

just my 2c.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'd say north of Mongolia/Siberia. A dense forest for a thousand miles, probably enough food, water, solitude to survive undetected. As soon as the stuff hits the fan, I'm off there with a bow and probably won't return. Kind of like a Ranger from Lord of the Rings or World of Warcraft.

Getting from the UK to France and then from there to Mongolia might be a toughie though. I'll make it up as I go along I guess.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JimBob77

Hang on.... so you say no to New Zealand because it's too difficult to rejoin the rest of the world, but yes to North Africa because you can "hop" across the ocean?

Anddd you say no to Switzerland because other nearby countries might invade it, but when supporting going to North Africa you say those same countries are "friendly?"

Switzerland's army, by the way, is every able-bodied male in the country over 18, which I believe to be well over 1 million citizen soldiers who are already armed and keep their weapons at home. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

Not that I'm saying I'd go there. There's a bit of an ocean and half a continent or so in the way. I think I'd stay right here in Pennsylvania. It might get nuked, it might have fallout, it might whatever, but so might every other place on Earth and at least if I stay put it's easy to get where I'm going and I know how to get there. :-)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join