It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Performance Aircraft Market

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
What type of aircraft would you identify as the ferrari of jets?
Concept type a/c are also applicable?

The only limitation would be that it has to carry 6 people.

If you can't think of one, what would be the feasibility of it.

The only example I can think of is the beech starship.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The Beech Starship was a serious bust.

The new VLJ's are the new crop of 'concept' a/c. The ATG Jevlin comes to mind as the most 'concept'of all as far as performance. The Adam 700 has the most 'out there' design.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
The Beech Starship was a serious bust.

The new VLJ's are the new crop of 'concept' a/c. The ATG Jevlin comes to mind as the most 'concept'of all as far as performance. The Adam 700 has the most 'out there' design.

I actually had one of those fly over my head once!! There the most odd looking aircraft, well excluding, the b2 and f117.

They look like an aeroplane, flying backwards!!!

i don't know who owned it or what, but i saw it twice!! I heard someone has one in ireland, and not many were made. it could have been flying from there.

I think they look very 80's. not entirley sure when they were made, but you can bet there very very expensive. Almost like the concorde of propeller planes.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Cessna Citation X - cruises at 51,000 feet at Mach 0.92 - faster and higher than civil airliners. With the retirement of Concorde it's the fastest civil aircraft in the skies.

Easily recognized by it's extremely swept-back supercritical wings and large fuselage mounted turbofans.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
The beech starship is a twin pusher-prop. You asked for jets!

Actually, if you do a wiki search on "high performance civilian aircraft" theres a few in the list that pop up.

Nevertheless, the big bad beauty of them all has to be Concord without a doubt.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by clashrock

i don't know who owned it or what, but i saw it twice!! I heard someone has one in ireland, and not many were made. it could have been flying from there.

Yup, not only were not many made (53 built at a cost of nearly $4million a copy) but less than a dozen were actually sold. Raytheon leased the rest to customers, on a fully supported basis.

In 2003 it was determined that the leased fleet were too costly, so Raytheon recalled all of them and is currently in the process of destroying them.

Only four Starships are known to be flying today.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Experimental
The beech starship is a twin pusher-prop. You asked for jets!

The Starship uses turboprop engines that makes it a jet.

I rode in a Starship in 1991. I was working at a local airport when one came in to give a demonstration ride to a prospective buyer. The buyer invited a bunch of us to come along on the flight. It was a nice ride, and a pretty plane, but it had issues. One of which was that the flight control surfaces moved in tracks that could jam in icing conditions. In Pennsylvania (where I live) you can get icing conditions most of the year.

new topics

top topics

join