It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. climate report will shock the world! (RELEASED)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   

www.foogle.biz..." border=0>

U.N. climate report will shock the world

A forthcoming U.N. report on climate change will provide the most credible evidence yet of a human link to global warming and hopefully shock the world into taking more action, the panel's chairman said on Thursday.

The report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), due for release on Feb. 2 in Paris, draws on research by 2,500 scientists from more than 130 countries and has taken six years to compile.

"There are a lot of signs and evidence in this report which clearly establish not only the fact that climate change is taking place, but also that it really is human activity that is influencing that change," R.K. Pachauri, the IPCC chairman, told Reuters.

More...

This should be interesting.

Stay tuned....

[edit on 2-2-2007 by loam]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Report Has 'Smoking Gun' on Global Warming Sci-Tech Today

Andrew Weaver, a Canadian climate scientist and study co-author, went even further: "This isn‘t a smoking gun; climate is a batallion of intergalactic smoking missiles.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

UN climate panel to blame humans for global warming USA Today
Warming to raise seas for 1000 years: UN draft Reuters

IPCC Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

That report should raise a lot of eyebrows and hopefully put to rest all these irresponsible ideas that sabotage our progress towards reducing the risks and damage of climate change.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
That report should raise a lot of eyebrows and hopefully put to rest all these irresponsible ideas that sabotage our progress towards reducing the risks of climate change.

Regenmacher, I think the word "sabotage" is exactly right, good choice of words.
I U2U'd you but didn't spell your name right, let me know if you don't have a message from me.

Loam, I always love your avatars, but this one is by far and away, absolutely incredible. Thanks for starting a thread about it, I hope this report changes some minds. It also states that the good news is that the skeptics are becoming fewer and fewer.
Time is running out. Already the largest extinction that we've ever known about is underway. Soon there won't be any more polar bears or penguins, they are rapidly dying out. Such utter disregard for something as sacred as Life and our beautiful home, Mother Earth.
There is a quote I came across recently: "If trees could scream, no one would sleep at night."

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Loam, your posts are always excellent and highly interesting.

I would like to point out the following about that report:

Solomon and others wouldn't go into specifics about what the report says. They said that the 12-page summary for policymakers will be edited in secret word-by-word by governments officials for several days next week and released to the public on Feb. 2. The rest of that first report from scientists will come out months later.

The full report will be issued in four phases over the year, as was the case with the last IPCC report, issued in 2001.
Source: Sci tech news

I wonder if we will be able to read the real report.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
even if this report conclusively shows that major countries (well, humans in general) are responsible for global warming, how will the un force countries to do anything about it

the un is a huge bureaucracy that is all about paperwork, and that's it

it cannot force peoples to do anything about the problem, although it can give great advice...

[edit on 26-1-2007 by they see ALL]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
even if this report conclusively shows that major countries (well, humans in general) are responsible for global warming, how will the un force countries to do anything about it

the un is a huge bureaucracy that is all about paperwork and that's it

it cannot force peoples to anything about the problem, although it can give great advice...

This is the UN's big chance to impose a global tax. Hello NWO.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

and how will that help the problem of global warming

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

and how will that help the problem of global warming

I think your mistake is assuming the UN cares about global warming or that global warming indeed exists. If it doesnt exist the UN wouldnt help disprove it. Theres no way to profit if it doesnt exist. If it does exist no taxation would help anything. Most people dont know that. They think the taxes they pay on each gallon of gas or the registration they pay is going to fund environmantal causes. Its just going into the governments pockets.

Since its creation the UN has wanted a way to levy a global tax and now that that day is right over the horizon theyre pushing and pushing and pushing to make sure theres no doubt it happening and to make sure the public is terrified of the consequences so that every citizen will essentially ask the UN to take their money in the name of various environmental causes.

Thats what the Kyoto Accord ia all about. Once the UN has global taxation in its pocket the next step is global legislation. Viola! Global government.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Thats what the Kyoto Accord ia all about. Once the UN has global taxation in its pocket the next step is global legislation. Viola! Global government.

your quite the conspiracy theorist

but, i will stick to the belief that global warming does exists and that the un does want to help

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is a comment I made in another thread about a recent extremely large solar flare, that luckily, was not directed at Earth.

I'm very glad to see people talking about this event and taking it seriously. As I've stated in numerous posts in the Fragile Earth Forum....Too many people worry themselves into near hysteria over global warming, but seem completely disinterested in solar activity, planetary impact events, extra-solar activity (gamma ray burst's and super novae), or extreme seismic or volcanic activity. These phenomena are either poorly understood, very fast acting, and/or unpredictable.

Global warming is a natural process as evidenced by the geologic record showing numerous warming and cooling cycles of the planet. It's very slow acting, and thus predictable and capable of being addressed by adaptation.

To all those folks who seem to thrive on worrying about doomsday...I recommend focusing on the sun, comets, nearby stars, or the earths core, mantle, and tectonic plates.

Thisguyrighthere is right, the UNs involvement in this issue is the same as every other large organizations involvement.....and that is: To use the issue of GW as a leverage device to control geo-political power and economic strength on a large scale.

OK , I am now prepared for the onslaught of viscious attack posts accusing me of being everything from a US govt. disinformation agent to just simply an ignorant pathetic toad.

Before you gravitate toward to latter, Just think about how many times this planet has warmed and cooled before humans ever existed.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

your quite the conspiracy theorist

but, i will stick to the belief that global warming does exists and that the un does want to help

Yeah, I know it sounds pretty crazy but trust me I didnt just wake up one day believeing this. Nor do I even want to believe this. I was mad America didnt sign on with the Kyoto Accord, until I read through it. Then I was terrified than any nation thought it was a good idea. Then I did some math. Most, if not all, of the nations that signed onto it would get paid to change absolutely nothing about their emissions. Paid by the US and other industialized countries but not Russia or China. They would profit.

Then theres all the scandal with Anan and the food for oil thing and the shady support of Hezbollah and the way it simply ignores genocide. Not to mention the rape-happy troops.

It freaks me out much more than the prospect the Earth might have gained .8 degrees of heat in a 100 year period during its 120,000,000 years of existance.

But, to each his own I suppose. Good luck to you and your cause.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The NWO is obviously corporate - and it's running the show already.

But fortunately ordinary people do have some power left, if not much:

The Market Speaks: Ford Reports $12.7 Billion Loss for 2006

Consumers voted with their dollars last year: Ford Motor, famous for pushing gas-guzzling trucks and SUVs, reported its biggest loss in its 103-year history - a $12.7 billion loss for 2006. The astounding figure represents a loss of $4,700 on every vehicle sold. Apparently, people recognize that climate change is real and greenhouse gases impact the environment. Ford's survival strategy focuses on marketing a "a stronger lineup of smaller vehicles that offer better gasoline mileage."

Also check out The Denial Industry

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrowConsumers voted with their dollars last year: Ford Motor, famous for pushing gas-guzzling trucks and SUVs, reported its biggest loss in its 103-year history - a $12.7 billion loss for 2006. The astounding figure represents a loss of $4,700 on every vehicle sold. Apparently, people recognize that climate change is real and greenhouse gases impact the environment. Ford's survival strategy focuses on marketing a "a stronger lineup of smaller vehicles that offer better gasoline mileage."

Sofi - I think the cost of gasoline (and labor) had way more to do with this than environmental concerns. Also, most people who drive those "gas guzzling trucks" need them for thier livelihood. I'll agree with you however on the over abundance of the 3-ton grocery getters.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Time is running out. Already the largest extinction that we've ever known about is underway.

Show proof please...also don't forget that 99.9999% of ALL species that EVER existed on earth are now extinct.

Soon there won't be any more polar bears or penguins, they are rapidly dying out.

Alarmist panic. Please present scientific, or even anecdotal evidence that polars and penquins are rapidly dying out and that there will "soon" be no more.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky

Time is running out. Already the largest extinction that we've ever known about is underway.

Show proof please...also don't forget that 99.9999% of ALL species that EVER existed on earth are now extinct.

Disinformation and distraction.

In fact, "Species should come and go on an evolutionary time scale, not on our time scale."

...the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources (IUCN) reports that 15,589 species now are threatened with extinction. David Brackett, Species Survival Commission Chair, says, "We are in the midst of the sixth great extinction wave on the planet Earth, caused by the intervention of humans."

"We are in the midst of the sixth great extinction wave on the planet Earth, caused by the intervention of humans," David Brackett, Species Survival Commission Chair of the study, told The Scientist. "Species should come and go on an evolutionary time scale, not on our time scale." Brackett said that "objective information is showing that declines are not limited to vulnerable species, but are happening across the entire taxonomic spectrum.""

Despite the evidence, some people still think climate change, extinctions and the killing effects of pollution are unproven and unreal. The same people also ignore the clear and present danger of rampant epidemics, yet are fully prepared to pull out the nukes for a possible yet immaterial bio-terrorist attack.

It is an odd and peculiarly American form of denial.

Nuke the Poodles!

Soon there won't be any more polar bears or penguins, they are rapidly dying out.

Alarmist panic. Please present scientific, or even anecdotal evidence that polars and penquins are rapidly dying out and that there will "soon" be no more.

Hmmm.

Wake up and look around just a teeny tiny bit.

Polar bears threatened: Climate change could lead to extinction of the arctic animals

A few years ago, researchers documenting the disappearance of Arctic sea ice noticed an unusual number of polar bears floating in the water, drowned.

Normally, the bears travel over ice as they hunt seals, their main prey. But with so little sea ice left, bears are forced to swim great distances from one ice platform to another.

Some have attempted to paddle more than 60 miles, which is too much even for the polar bear's strong swimming ability.

Arctic Ice Melting, Polar Bears Endangered, Govt. Says

US says polar bears endangered

Move To Declare Polar Bears Endangered

Ice is melting around polar bears …

2003: Polar bear 'extinct within 100 years'

Global warming could cause polar bears to go extinct by the end of the century by eroding the sea ice that sustains them, according to the most comprehensive international assessment ever done of Arctic climate change.

2000: Penguins On Thin Ice

Penguins and Global Warming

The Humboldt penguins, which live off the coast of Chile and Peru, are “one of the most highly endangered of all of them,” said Lewis-Waldron.

Emperors are not considered endangered, but other species of penguins are endangered or threatened. The causes include human encroachment, climate change and over-fishing, said Tom Schneider, curator of birds at the Detroit Zoo.

FYI - the Internet is useful as an educational tool, and Google is an often helpful resource.

Ed to delete bad link

[edit on 26-1-2007 by soficrow]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks for clearing that all up for me.
I sure am gonna miss all those cute little buggers

I must really get better at using "the internets"

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Niether, I think

Extinction History

But perhaps I should have said, almost every species that ever existed is now extinct.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I kind of feel this isn't going to be very shocking

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Niether, I think

But perhaps I should have said, almost every species that ever existed is now extinct.

More disinformation - you omitted the key point :

"Species should come and go on an evolutionary time scale, not on our time scale."

"We are in the midst of the sixth great extinction wave on the planet Earth, caused by the intervention of humans," David Brackett, Species Survival Commission Chair of the study, told The Scientist. "Species should come and go on an evolutionary time scale, not on our time scale." Brackett said that "objective information is showing that declines are not limited to vulnerable species, but are happening across the entire taxonomic spectrum.""

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Speaking of species: Insect population is expected to rise, so maybe they will be taking over where man died off.

Somebody turn off those bugs!

Plague of flies drives garage boss to move house

Global Warming Could Trigger Insect Population Boom

Insect Population Growth Likely Accelerated By Warmer Climate

Locust Plague Casts Shadow On Mexican State Of Yucatan

Early bug gets the crops...sorry Joe, no donuts today.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join