It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Friend Mary

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkprime
I'm curious though, why is she living in DC and not where she grew up or someplace nicer? Also, was she career military (15-20 years)?

Why don't I move to the Virgin Islands?
It's be nicer than being here.

Some people like DC. Some like you don't. Her neighborhood looks pretty damn good...even though her building needs serious work in the roach department. Where do you propose she SHOULD be living and for what reason?

My wife is also a foreigner and although it may seem like a "foreign" concept to some Americans, there are individuals that have it much better in countries other than the one they were born in.

I'll ask her how long she was in the military.

I see now that you were already very skeptical to begin with, so I'm glad I didn't bring you to meet her just for the biased purpose of disproving what she's saying. That may have turned out to be a negative event.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

The patron saint of animals is St Francis of Assisi. Definitely Italian.

if you want to be able to relate to her a little better on this level, you might want to see if your local library has this book-
www.amazon.com...
It's most excellent in explaining the Catholic faith.

Now I'm not making that suggestion to enable you to "trick" her (which I don't think you'd do, just want to be sure you understand where I'm coming from), but it will perhaps help you to better understand her perspectives.

Oh...well this one had brown skin and I thought a short cut black afro. Guess I am wrong. It must be Assisi because the statue was surrounded by animals.

Yeah I won't trick her, and thanks for the link and clearing that up.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Have you checked her medicine cabnet to see what kinds of medication she is taking. Is she currently under medical care? Does a nurse or med tech come and check up on her. This line of questions is in no way ment to discredit your story. Just curious.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You're on the right track, Lee - stay the course...

Under no circumstance should you entertain anyone else getting involved, meeting Mary, etc. - especially some anonymous character from a conspiracy forum. Any such intrusion would quickly erode your control of the situation and likely derail it completely.

Maintain a calm demeanor, stay genuine. I thoroughly agree with others here who suggest (or insist) that you show kindness and demonstrate sincere empathy in all interactions with Mary. Again - this is not to 'coerce' her trust but to gain it. Be a real friend first - your gut will tell you when you're behavior is ‘right’.

I believe, as some have noted, that Mary has much of her ‘secret’ in her head as opposed to her stacks of boxes. Nevertheless, being somewhat of a packrat myself, I can assure you that her boxes contain many interesting morsels that would contribute mightily toward blank pieces in the puzzle. Even if there is nothing but “letters” and such – the letters will have dates on them, postmarks perhaps, named individuals, scenarios, etc. There may be (likely to be) photos, newspaper or magazine clippings, tax returns, billing/mortgage/banking/etc statements.

When you get around to helping her finally ‘sort through’ these boxes, do so with her at your side. As you pull anything even remotely interesting out – ask her about it. A memento, souvenir, plane ticket, photo, or letter is bound to bring back a memory. In Mary’s mind, EVERYTHING in those boxes has some significance. You or I might have thrown it away, but Mary ‘saved’ it because she did not want to let go of the memory or ‘feeling’ she has that is connected to the object or, perhaps as importantly, to what the object represents.

Going through this exercise will prove to be exhausting for you. You can’t be impatient (I hope you have a lot of time on your hands). Never imply you have any ulterior motive other than to help her ‘sort her affairs’. Always act in Mary’s best interest and you will be rewarded.

You might suggest that this sorting exercise will help her organize and catalogue her keepsakes so that they will be preserved or handled as she wishes upon her passing. If she agrees, then this will also facilitate your due diligence in ‘recording’ the process for sake of efficiency. You must be as equally, and genuinely, concerned about her e.g., old pet hamster, cousin’s bicycle, or phone bill from 1952 as you are about any island aliens.

Good luck, Lee. You strike me as a fair and trustworthy person so this should not be a difficult thing for you to accomplish. When Mary thinks of you as a close friend, a confidant, the information you seek will be the consequence. It must be subordinate to the friendship, however.

p.s. just my opinion, but I would skip the ET movies, unless she enthusiastically embraces the idea. It seems trite and much too obvious. She may get offended, clam up, and thus set you back, perhaps for good. Slow and steady with intimate discussions and a highly personal engagement will yield better results. Going through her boxes with her is the safest and quickest route.

Thanks for sharing your progress with us, Lee. Looking forward to hearing about your results…

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Lee, I thought I had read early on that you had started to help clean up? Maybe I was mistaken. That's what prompted my suggestions and I still do believe there is much to discover from her stacks. I couldn't do it as cockroaches are my one fear.

I have to go along with what Outrageo said though. The offer to take her to Mass couldn't hurt either. All she can say is no as I kind of suspect that she may be somewhat agoraphobic by now or just not able to travel in her condition.

Does she have a wheel chair or runabout?

Also, does she have a visiting nurse? If so, you may be able to get a better clue on her mental and physical condition by talking to the nurse.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by jbondo]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
A few people are claiming it might be the Saipan Islands.

Google Saipan and ufo and you get very little results. For an island where aliens supposidly stop cars because they may be in danger, there is very little info regarding alien activity there.

Considering the Saipen Islands are mostly populated by tourists wandering around looking for something to do you would expect to see a lot more reports and photos of strange activity. But there isnt. If this is the island then shes probably pulling your leg.

There is no way the gov. would be able to track down this women based solely on the info that shes old and she once worked on this island. You would not be putting her in danger by telling us what island it is.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I wonder if these islands could be it?

THE GIANTS
OF
THE SOLOMON ISLANDS
AND
THEIR HIDDEN UFO BASES
SOME OF THE GREATEST ANTHROPOLOGICAL AND SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES OF MODERN MAN

www.thesolomongiants.com...

Seems like it could be a close match.

[edit on 1/26/2007 by Termite197]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Ditto , i totally agree, this is the best course of action,

best of luck

Originally posted by Arkangel4time

Originally posted by jtma508

Perhaps starting a discussion around the recent apparent flap of sightings. "Mary, have you heard about all the recent sightings in Chicago, SC, GA, AR?" Do you think they're related? It seems they're happening far more frequently lately. It's making me nervous given our discussions. What do you think?"

It's conversational, topical and open-ended and gives her an opening to provide information without an obvious probing questioning.

Thats probably the best suggestion I have heard yet on this thread. Very insightful jtma.

I also agree with some here that your motives for "befriending" her need to be pure and not "selfish" for this to bear any meaningful fruit.

No offense to any of the posters who advocate a more aggressive approach in order to get the information so many are hoping for.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by Darkprime
I'm curious though, why is she living in DC and not where she grew up or someplace nicer? Also, was she career military (15-20 years)?

Why don't I move to the Virgin Islands?
It's be nicer than being here.

Some people like DC. Some like you don't. Her neighborhood looks pretty damn good...even though her building needs serious work in the roach department. Where do you propose she SHOULD be living and for what reason?

My wife is also a foreigner and although it may seem like a "foreign" concept to some Americans, there are individuals that have it much better in countries other than the one they were born in.

I'll ask her how long she was in the military.

I see now that you were already very skeptical to begin with, so I'm glad I didn't bring you to meet her just for the biased purpose of disproving what she's saying. That may have turned out to be a negative event.

No need for the anger in your post. I asked a legitimate question and your answer could have been much better. And there's also no reason to put words in my mouth either. Anyways, you said that she's in essentially a one bedroom home (I assume apartment) that's not very nice. You also said that she's in poor health. I didn't say that DC or the DC region is bad, but you said her place was. The DC region is one of the most expensive parts of the country to live in. I wanted to know why is she there instead of some place say further south, such as the Carolinas, Texas, Alabama, etc. where the weather would always be warm, the air relatively drier, and the cost of living substantially lower. She may be able to afford much better healthcare elsewhere too.

I'm most interested in learning how if any ways her stories or elements thereof overlap stories from my grandfather-in-law and an aunt-in-law. Yes I'm skeptical, but any sane minded person must be when presented with bold claims and without evidence. Faith is one thing, but then again we aren't really talking about religion here. My offer for meeting her was truely sincere. Had I been given the opportunity, I would never have attacked or tried to debunk anything. My wife and I have a history of working with charities and helping those in need, particularly older people. My wife and I also young (26 and 25) and sometimes that alone can get the elderly to open up differently than others who are older.

I, like many other people here enjoy good stories. Be they non-fiction or fiction, stories are stories. I will continue to read what you have to add here as it's been a good story so far and hope that if I do ask other questions, that you will be open to them.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Fascinating story, and comments from ATS'rs. Would be appreciated that as you continue your visits with the lady and gain more knowledge of her secrets re EBEs, you continue sharing it here.

When you mention Military bases, mountains and jungle and people of the island having knowledge of the EBEs apparently there under the geographical protection of Wackenhut security (same as A51) near the mountain base to the top. I wonder if you might be referring to areas in or between Cobo Rojo and El Yonke.
There are so many reports of things that have and continue to happen in those particular areas of the island I'm wondering if that's the place the Lady's referring to.

Through the years I have read and seen reports of very strange happenings there. Including CE5 experiences in Cobo Rojo and El Yonke along the bush/mountain trail that include disappearances.

Dallas

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Puerto Rico seems more likely as a site for a useful secret base for military-type activities.

Sufficiently controlled by US, close to domestic resources, little advanced foreign snooping, but not completely subject to domestic US scrutiny, law enforcement and appropriations problems.

Wouldn't be surprised if there were a War 'Of' Terror prison there for high value targets.

Saipan: 45 sq mi.

Puerto Rico: 3515 sq mi.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Like you said...it's in her head!
She DOES seem to know something more and I want it!!!!

We all want it!!!

This is one of the most incredible topics I've ever read!

Great story
Great research
I already can't wait 'till Saturday...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I found alot of links on Google that refer to aliens in Puerto Rico.

Just type in " Puerto Rico aliens".

I was amazed at how many references to aliens and military bases there are on the internet.
WOW!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by surf911
A few people are claiming it might be the Saipan Islands.

Google Saipan and ufo and you get very little results.

google Saipan and 'lizard men' (be sure and leave a space between lizard and men or else you get a whole bunch of RPG stuff)

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The Google Earth images of Puerto Rico have been edited to death. Check out Arecibo in the NW of the island (where the massive radio telescope is). You won't even see the RT! The SE part of the island which is on the eastern downslope of el Yunque (where there are alot of large gated roads (military)) is similarly edited.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I doubt that there would be papers with TopSecret written accross the top, but there may be some facinating clues and other type of communication worth stumbling upon. Maybe just go thru a few and see if your interest is peaked. My guess is that she keeps anything pertinent right in those boxes.

I truly doubt there would be anything in the boxes that would be directly related to her EBE experiences or Top Secret knowldege but there would definately be some markers to corroborate the story. Especially photos.

I would casually work up to getting her permission to get the whole story down and just disguise her identity. Even if it was just a voice recording and some photos with the faces blurred it would be an interesting read.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by kronos11]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I would casually work up to getting her permission to get the whole story down and just disguise her identity. Even if it was just a voice recording and some photos with the faces blurred it would be an interesting read.

What on earth are talking about? For her own safety he said he will post pictures of her but he will not tell us what island she used to live on.

Apparently the government will have a harder time figuring out who she is with a picture of her than by knowing where shes from.

I mean just use logic... if you wanted to find someone would you rather

A. have a pic of the person
or
B. know that the person is "very old" and that they come from "island X"

Anyone with any brains would pick B over A.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Perhaps this is an odd question - - but does she have family?

I do hope you look at this from both sides. She is a person not a computer harddrive.

I do hope you - in your good Christian mind - also consider the human aspect of visiting her simply for the sake of visting a lonely old woman. Compassion might get you further then "what can you do for me".

Practicality: who is in charge of her estate? If she does cross over - will the military come and confiscate all her belongings? There may or may not be anything of value in those boxes - - but to know that - - you would need possession of them.

Stay calm - no emotions (except to show real or not compassion for an old lady that's had quite a life) - be a smart businessman.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Lee Anoma,

How about a few pictures of her apartment ( inside only ), her boxes?
It won't be hard to take some pictures right? Don't forget to ask a permission first.

We just need a small prove before this thread is getting any longer.

We are waiting.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by surf911

What on earth are talking about? For her own safety he said he will post pictures of her but he will not tell us what island she used to live on.

As I had mentioned - get her permission to get the "whole" story down which obviously includes the location of the island. Everything short of her name.

And how on earth will the feds know who this old chick is if her face is blurred out in some inocuous private photo that could pinpoint her on the island during the timeperiod she is describing? It's done all the time.

I don't know... Im jus suggesting that he document the story. I definately lean toward doing it respectfully and at her pace but at the same time there has to be some prodding. If it could be proposed as a way of preserving her legacy?? especially since she doesn't really have anybody.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join