It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Friend Mary

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JFKDOALOL
When you see her next, please make a new thread to keep us all abreast of the situation

That would only create a duplicate thread.

Please keep all posts in this thread.

sanc

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Distortion
I think this is fabricated for two reasons.

1) In the story you said that she told the greys that she hoped her car wasn't broken because her parents would be upset. Why would someone old enough to be working with high ranking military officials on a secret island have her parents car there?

You've jump to a few conclusions in some areas but in others I was being vauge so I understand. I appreciate skepticism.

First I never said the island was secret. I don't know if you read through the BEGINNING of this thread but I clearly said EVERYONE knows the island I'm just not saying which. It's NOT a secret island and it DOESN'T have a booming economy to my knowledge.

As for the car...there are so many possibilities for that I don't think it's worth going into heavily. Her car was broken and she borrowed her parents...she preferred to bike (most people do there) but borrowed the car because she had guests...it was a rental they got for her to get to the Navy ball...I don't even know how well in to the military she was when this happened but as I said aliens in that area were common knowledge.

I don't think she ever owned a car, she doesn't have one now. I know quite a few professional people in the city that don't. Is that really so odd?

2) You mentioned she has problems with people of other races. I don't see how someone can be racist towards other humans and then be so accepting of extraterrestrials!

Really? I think that's being a bit naive.

When trying to find help for my own experience I stumbled around a few places and came across a couple of pretty credible and intelligent researchers. One that comes to mind was once a journalist, and he was a pretty good writer. He believed in life outside our own and not only did a lot of his own research and observations into cases help to enlighten me, some of what he wrote seemed to relate to my own experience.

He also believed that some races were created just to be slaves and the planet earth was originally intended for the white race to be it's primary caretakers.

I've come across a few bright believers that drift sometimes into racial bias. If you haven't then you aren't looking hard enough. Also I never went into specifics with Mary's issues. She herself is considered a minority in America yet at times when someone of a specific race offends her she can trail into generalizations about that race. She's never said "I hate all ______", but from my observations she tends to generalize and that lead me to my conclusion. "Bob" says she's just an old school mentality.

In terms of her educational background...I don't know. Mary has a wealth of knowledge, and is an excellent observer. She is surprisingly smart. However I do know that being smart and having an extensive college education aren't always synonymous.

Bush and Kerry are both Ivy league I believe and neither of them strike me as brilliant. Karl Rove is considered a cunning (some say brilliant) strategist even by his foes, yet he NEVER GRADUATED COLLEGE.

Oh and look up Srinavasa Ramanujan Iyengar. Wow.

Keep in mind you don't have to believe me.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBBumblebee
You may have stumbled onto something great, but rushing things (even a little) could remove any chance of finding the answers you/we may seek.

Don't push her for information, she will tell you when she is comfortable and ready. Don't try and swing the conversation around to what you want to talk about, let her do that in her own time.

Yes I agree. I think I'll play it cool and coordinate with my wife this time. I don't want her to worm out of the question because sometimes she ignores me and just talks about something else if I ask to much.

Keep in mind people...I really can't definitively state that she is telling the truth about her knowledge of aliens involved in the military.

I can say this: She is telling the truth about being in the military and was born in another country. Some of the things she said regarding aliens shocked me because some details relate to some of the theories YOU GUYS bounce around on these forums. Thats why I was surprised and since she doesn't have a computer and I LEARNED a lot of details from people like the ones that exchange info online I don't know where she'd get that stuff from. She really has few friends.

Also I know the story about spiritual attacks in the catholic church are off the wall to some but she's a devote catholic. She even has a volunteer woman that comes over every Sunday to give her communion! She believes in Angels with wings, demons and devils and the like. Most religious people do...and I once did. I'd take that part of her story with a grain of salt if I were you. Although it could be true I don't know.

I'D ALSO LIKE TO ASK A FAVOR.

Can any of you give me a few good questions that aren't too invasive that you think I could mention to her? A way to phrase the questions that doesn't make it seem as I am digging? I'll ask her those questions and report back here on Saturday. I just need a few good ones that won't make her shut down.

Any help would be appreciated.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Lee... I think you're going to get two 'classes' of suggestions. One will focus on her past experiences and observations in order to vet her story and background. Personally, I believe the highest value will come fro questions that will help us validate or corroborate current and future sightings/events.

Perhaps starting a discussion around the recent apparent flap of sightings. "Mary, have you heard about all the recent sightings in Chicago, SC, GA, AR?" Do you think they're related? It seems they're happening far more frequently lately. It's making me nervous given our discussions. What do you think?"

It's conversational, topical and open-ended and gives her an opening to provide information without an obvious probing questioning.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Perhaps starting a discussion around the recent apparent flap of sightings. "Mary, have you heard about all the recent sightings in Chicago, SC, GA, AR?" Do you think they're related? It seems they're happening far more frequently lately. It's making me nervous given our discussions. What do you think?"

It's conversational, topical and open-ended and gives her an opening to provide information without an obvious probing questioning.

Thats probably the best suggestion I have heard yet on this thread. Very insightful jtma.

I also agree with some here that your motives for "befriending" her need to be pure and not "selfish" for this to bear any meaningful fruit.

No offense to any of the posters who advocate a more aggressive approach in order to get the information so many are hoping for.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Lee,

Regarding credibility, IMO there should be plenty of certificates, documents, etc.. in that place if I am reading her correctly to be a packrat. Being a packrat she is much less likely to destroy sensitive or top secret material. I know you said that you were helping to clean the place out somewhat, so you should find plenty.

As far as directing the conversation, I'm sure if you talk about your own experiences it will draw things out. I'm sure she will probably correct you allot and tell you what is wrong with your own accounts no matter what you tell her.

Again I will say the best thing to do is let her spill at her own pace. Obviously she wants to talk and share this stuff. Given time, it will come out. Let her do the talking and don't interrupt. If she changes the subject, just accept it and move on as I'm sure it will be revisited eventually.

Of course as someone else said (I was thinking myself), she may have a touch of schizophrenia or an associated mental condition. I wouldn't rule that out right now.

I was thinking the Philippines for location?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Why not tell us the island she worked on, as that might help us better generate questions, and or information on what kind of work she has done in the military. We may be able to come up with questions that can link in or touch upon that.

Also, I still have my offer of having my wife and I meet her and perhaps help with cleaning of the house and what not. I did confirm last night that my grandfather in law has talked about aliens and such before (never claimed to be abducted, only abductions he said was by FBI agents), and perhaps my wife might have some ideas.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Oh and look up Srinavasa Ramanujan Iyengar. Wow.

Looked up :

Srinivāsa Aiyangār Rāmānujan (December 22, 1887 – April 26, 1920) was an Indian mathematician who is widely considered among the most talented mathematicians in the heuristic aspects of number theory and insight into modular functions because of his originality and insight. He also made significant contributions to the development of partition functions and summation formulas involving constants such as π.

A child prodigy, he was largely self-taught in mathematics and had compiled over 3,000 theorems between 1914 and 1918 at the University of Cambridge. However, Ramanujan was truly a self-taught person and never sought any degree from Cambridge. Many of his formulas were merely stated without proof, and were only later proven to be true. His results were highly original and unconventional, and have inspired a large amount of research and many mathematical papers; however, some of his discoveries have been slow to enter the mathematical mainstream. Recently his formulae have started to be applied in the field of crystallography, and other applications in physics. The Ramanujan Journal was launched to publish work "in areas of mathematics influenced by Ramanujan".

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't get the connection or what you wanted us to see ?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
People... we're wasting our time trying to pry the 'island' out of this situation. Lee has already given his reasons (several times) why he chooses not to divulge that. It would prove nothing even if he did and only temporarily sate people's curiosity to no material end.

Lee, I strongly encourage you to NOT involve anyone else in this (Dark, please forgive me on this one). You have no way of knowing who people are (on ATS or in general as regards what you're doing) and if Mary has the potential of divulging important information there may be people who wish to prevent that should they become aware of your meetings.

There are two possibility as regards this situation: either she's a fraud and is fabricating this (intentionally or otherwise) for any number of reasons or she's the real deal and is relating experiences and observations as best she understands them. The very best approach is to collect all the information you possibly can, document it and work to vet it as it develops.

I realize that many here are fascinated by what may be contained in all her boxes. In my opinion, I believe that's a distraction. If she wants help cleaning, all well and good, but given her retiscence to divulge military secrets I highly doubt she's got secret documents laying about her room. I suggest you focus on where the information resides --- in her head.

One final point, don't waste your time trying to satisfy the trolls and debunkers here. They can't be satsified. If what you're telling us is BS it will all implode in due time. It always does. The fact that someone can boast that they called you out on page 3 instead of page 13 serves no purpose and wastes your time and energy. Just collect what you can and keep your focus on the prize. Things will either vet-out or collapse on their own.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
lee anoma

This is one of the most interesting stories on this site. I would see if she would be willing to go on the record with a voice and face disguise, because if more stories like this come out it may break wide open and others may come forward.

It's kind of like when a women is abused by a doctor and files charges, after it goes public many more step forward with their stories because they are not afraid to tell because they are not alone.

People with info need to come forth.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

People... we're wasting our time trying to pry the 'island' out of this situation. Lee has already given his reasons (several times) why he chooses not to divulge that. It would prove nothing even if he did and only temporarily sate people's curiosity to no material end.

Lee, I strongly encourage you to NOT involve anyone else in this (Dark, please forgive me on this one). You have no way of knowing who people are (on ATS or in general as regards what you're doing) and if Mary has the potential of divulging important information there may be people who wish to prevent that should they become aware of your meetings.

There are two possibility as regards this situation: either she's a fraud and is fabricating this (intentionally or otherwise) for any number of reasons or she's the real deal and is relating experiences and observations as best she understands them. The very best approach is to collect all the information you possibly can, document it and work to vet it as it develops.

I realize that many here are fascinated by what may be contained in all her boxes. In my opinion, I believe that's a distraction. If she wants help cleaning, all well and good, but given her retiscence to divulge military secrets I highly doubt she's got secret documents laying about her room. I suggest you focus on where the information resides --- in her head.

One final point, don't waste your time trying to satisfy the trolls and debunkers here. They can't be satsified. If what you're telling us is BS it will all implode in due time. It always does. The fact that someone can boast that they called you out on page 3 instead of page 13 serves no purpose and wastes your time and energy. Just collect what you can and keep your focus on the prize. Things will either vet-out or collapse on their own.

I've read a lot on here before to know that most BS stories implode on themselves over time. My suspicsion is that either the story is totally fake or the story fed to the author is fake (my hunch says it is). I understand that if this is real, it may not be for the best to bring more people into this, but if the author believes this is real and were to eventually lose contact with her, it would be nice to have established a backup.

I'm curious though, why is she living in DC and not where she grew up or someplace nicer? Also, was she career military (15-20 years)?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Mary is a 70 (or around) year old woman I've recently come to know. She's in terrible shape. Had to have surgery to place a muscle over her sternum (chest) that now fills with air making it painful to talk. In spite of this, she STILL smokes. Takes a crap load of drugs and passes periodically into what looks like a deep sleep...we've had to stop her more than once from falling onto her plate. She's almost immobile and uses a walker to get around. Oh and she lives in a severely roach infested 1 bedroom place stocked high with boxes.

==============================

She sleeps in the living room on a hospital bed because 90% of her place is filled with boxes that she refuses to throw away. Her bedroom is packed!

Hi Lee!

Fascinating thread! It's really nice of you and your wife to visit and help this sweet old character. I've thought of a few things that might perk her up and take away some of the contrare attitude on discussing her life. One is to see if it is possible to take her to the church for Mass. I know you said she is in very bad shape, but perhaps with a friend to help and her walker she could manage it, sounds like she doesn't get out much. Also clear a little space and set up a small religious shrine with her favorite saints, Mary, a crucifix and candles (the kind in the small glass cups, they're safer to use, especially with all those boxes around). And then be sure and bring roses when you visit.

Does she have a TV? If so get a few movies for her, among them Close encounters, taken, the life of Bernadette etc.. She'll probably comment all through them without you having to ask a single question.

You've really been sweet to help her and I'm sure she counts the minutes til your next visit everytime you leave, keep it up, it's really nice of y'all.

STM

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

Srinivāsa Aiyangār Rāmānujan (December 22, 1887 – April 26, 1920) was an Indian mathematician who is widely considered among the most talented mathematicians in the heuristic ...

I don't get the connection or what you wanted us to see ?

He was self taught before he gained any sort of serious recognition. He also flunked out of I believe two or three colleges (I read 3 but also 2) and was working as a clerk like his father at the time he sent in his theories. It was LATER he was granted scholarships to Cambridge. It's all in the book about his life but here are excerpts from a review:

In 1913 Ramanujan, a 25-year-old clerk who had flunked out of two colleges, wrote a letter filled with startlingly original theorems to eminent English mathematician G. Hardy.

He was given a scholarship to the Government College in Kumbakonam which he entered in 1904...He dropped out of the college.

...Ramanujan's membership in India's highest caste did not guarantee that he would find success. His family was not rich and had to struggle to send him to Government College in Kumbakonam, even with the scholarship. Therefore in August 1905 when he failed his examinations and lost the scholarship his chance for success looked dim. Yet, his mother indulged him, and in 1906 bundled him off to Pachaiyappa College in Madras, the third largest city in India.

Evidently, Ramanujan hadn't learned from his first experience. In 1907 he failed his examinations again. Almost 20, he had flunked out of two colleges, had no job or degree, and no good prospects for making something of himself.

For the next few years he did little but hang around and live within the private world of his note-books. Ramanujan lived off the charity of friends, filling notebooks with mathematical discoveries and seeking patrons to support his work.

Book Review

You have to read a little more about him if that's not in the bio you linked to...that or Wiki is really lacking these days.

My connection was that genius or intelligence doesn't require a college education to make itself valid.

We're getting a little off the subject though I was just trying to answer that posters questions. I consider myself to be a relatively intelligent man, and I doubt Mary could fool me so dramatically that I couldn't catch her eventually.

So far I have not. We'll see.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If getting movies, might it be wiser to get movies from genres she likes or things that may remind her of home and her life, not just alien movies?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

One final point, don't waste your time trying to satisfy the trolls and debunkers here. They can't be satsified.

We never helped her go through those boxes. HER APARTMENT IS MOSTLY BOXES!! It's just her and her Hemingway cat with six toes and they sleep in the living room for a reason. No way!

Number one she claimed we volunteered to help, which we didn't, and number two it takes an hour to get to her and we'd be there all day. My wife doesn't drive and I hate driving on the highway so late. Also I doubt she has anything interesting in those boxes other than photos and letters. Like you said, she wouldn't have stuff lying around with TOP SECRET on it. I just don't see it.

Like you said...it's in her head!
She DOES seem to know something more and I want it!!!!

Also I don't think I should bring anyone over to her with "government clearance" or anything like that. I'm sure she'd either be scared that I'd done something to get her in trouble or pissed that I told her story. I'll try to get some kind of proof this Saturday though.

Regarding Not Satisfying the Trolls: Agreed.

I don't expect everyone to believe me but I haven't made a claim too outlandish. All I said is an elderly woman that was formerly involved in the military claims to know about aliens.

That much I am not B.S.ing about.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
We can all give our opinions but you and your wife are the ones that know this woman and it is only the two of you that will know when it is the proper time to talk to her.

Go with what your gut tells you.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
Hi Lee!

Also clear a little space and set up a small religious shrine with her favorite saints, Mary, a crucifix and candles (the kind in the small glass cups, they're safer to use, especially with all those boxes around).

Hello seentoomcuh...

She already has that believe it or not. I don't know much about the Catholic faith but she has a number of saint statues she told me the names but I forget. I do know I was surprised by one that was black which she said he was the patron saint of animals. At least he looked black.

She also lights candles. My wife tried to blow one out as we were leaving and she said not to. It has some kind of significance. Like I said I am ignorant to Catholic customs.

I'll ask about the recent UFO sightings and consider bringing over a movie related to the issue. One or the other. Close Encounters may be a good idea.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Chances are there are all kinds of interesting things in those boxes. Maybe you going thru them and stumbling across something could be a way for her to give you info without actually giving you info.

I doubt that there would be papers with TopSecret written accross the top, but there may be some facinating clues and other type of communication worth stumbling upon. Maybe just go thru a few and see if your interest is peaked. My guess is that she keeps anything pertinent right in those boxes.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I don't know much about the Catholic faith but she has a number of saint statues she told me the names but I forget. I do know I was surprised by one that was black which she said he was the patron saint of animals. At least he looked black.

She also lights candles. My wife tried to blow one out as we were leaving and she said not to. It has some kind of significance. Like I said I am ignorant to Catholic customs.

The patron saint of animals is St Francis of Assisi. Definitely Italian.

if you want to be able to relate to her a little better on this level, you might want to see if your local library has this book-
www.amazon.com...
It's most excellent in explaining the Catholic faith.

Now I'm not making that suggestion to enable you to "trick" her (which I don't think you'd do, just want to be sure you understand where I'm coming from), but it will perhaps help you to better understand her perspectives.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Why not just come right out and ask her if she has anything interesting about UFO's in her boxes.

Being older myself I would rather honesty and to the point from people and if I don't like what is said at that moment I will say so then I ignore or give a quick answer but later I think about it then the person gets respect from me and probably more then they wished for.

You know the situation there so it is you that has to go for what works for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join