It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lights Over South Carolina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Looks like this flap is continuing. What is going on up there?!?

What Was That? Strange Lights in Upstate Skies

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Dozens of WYFF 4 viewers called and e-mailed us to report seeing some strange blue lights in the night sky Wednesday.

The lights appeared at about 8:15 p.m., according to the reports.
viewers.

Reports came from areas near Paris Mountain and also from Gaffney.

"A blue light streaked across the sky in the Gaffney area. The light ... moved from the Greenville-Spartanburg area toward Huntersville, N.C.," Terry Coyle said. "The object had a bluish green tail about two miles long."

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Nightowl]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

While no definitive information is available, WYFF 4 Chief Meteorologist John Cessarich said the most likely cause is a group of meteors streaking into the Earth’s atmosphere.

Its so funny how they just throw stuff out there and see if it fits without any evidence. Its like a educated person making an uneducated guess.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
My girlfriend who lives in Columbia SC also had a sighting but on Thursday Jan 25th 2007 at 6:30 PM and once again the following night, Friday Jan 26th, also at 6:30PM in Columbia, SC, after she told me of this I emailed her the picture of the oval shaped light photographed prior to her sightings from Wed. night Jan. 24th taken in Charlotte, NC, (there were sightings from Greenville, SC, Blacksburg, SC & Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas that night) but she said what she saw did not look like that, what she saw was "more like a big ball of light with something flat on the bottom -- no lights there and the bottom was barely visible." I live near Greenville, SC; Columbia, SC is about 80 miles from here, we spend alot of time together but unfortunatly I was inside at home that week. She has no real interest in the subject but knew that I did, it was after I told her of the Wed. night sightings that she told me of hers. I searched the net for any other Columbia, SC sightings during that time & so far only came across this one thread (link at bottom post #5 & #17). Could it be military activity from the Fort Jackson base in Columbia? Or something else? We may never know for sure. I am SWMSOUTHBOUND@aol.com, Mike www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Originally posted by Nightowl
Looks like this flap is continuing. What is going on up there?!?

What Was That? Strange Lights in Upstate Skies

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- Dozens of WYFF 4 viewers called and e-mailed us to report seeing some strange blue lights in the night sky Wednesday.

The lights appeared at about 8:15 p.m., according to the reports.
viewers.

Reports came from areas near Paris Mountain and also from Gaffney.

"A blue light streaked across the sky in the Gaffney area. The light ... moved from the Greenville-Spartanburg area toward Huntersville, N.C.," Terry Coyle said. "The object had a bluish green tail about two miles long."

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Nightowl]
Columbia SC UFO sightings DAY AFTER Charlotte, NC UFO photopriormore like a big ball of light with something flat on the bottom -- no lights there and the bottom was barely visible."

[edit on 28-1-2007 by swmsouthbound]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have been discussing this with a few others from here and other websites and we are convinced this is just the start of a fairly large flap that is going to occur in the Southern States while everyone's attention is targeted on O'hare.

We are also of the opinion that it will intensify until the end of Febuary and begin to sibside before the break of spring.

(In accordance with the prophecy, of course.)

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
What prophecy are you referring to?

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by scooler1
What prophecy are you referring to?

All in good time, mate.

The prophecy with which I am refering is.. at worst an injoke amongst a small kabal of friends, and at best.. something bigger. There is a circle of friends in Michigan that dabbles in various unknowns trying to get evidence that something in our world is amiss.

During one of these sessions, one of the participants went into a trance of sorts and passed on the prophecy. I would go on from here, but I dont want to sidetrack the thread, and most of the prophecy was of a personal nature to most of the kabal, however some of it was of a more public nature, this impending southern flap being one of those public prophecies.

Time will tell whether this person was correct about the fairly specific nature of the prophecy, and if it ends up being what she says, I may be inclined to share more of it.

Watch the skies in the Southern United States, it will get stranger before it dies down.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the prompt answer. It was somewhat cryptic but I value your privacy and will not press for more.

I will definitely keep an eye out.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I've heard reports about this on the local news out of Greenville, SC. I believe on the news program, they found an astronomer and he explained it as most likely a meteorite a bit bigger than normal. He said most meteorites are the size of a grain of sand. However that one that lit up the skies was probably about the size of a basketball. I've also heard reports the object was glowing white and then changed color to a blue glow.

Someone else in an online post mentioned the fact that the Chinese blew up a satellite recently and some junks may be entering the Earth's atmosphere.

The news was concluded by saying, this meteorite may have landed in someone's back yard. I haven't noticed any mysterious rocks in my back yard.
It would have been nice to see the lights though.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by orionthehunter]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Any new news on this? I thought it was a cool day Friday but my mother reported being woken up by some very loud thunder early Saturday morning. She thought it was directly over her house and had 3 very loud rumbles. Anyone know if there were any thunderstorms in South Carolina around 3 to 5 am in the morning? This seems strange since I thought temperatures may have been in the 30's or 40's. I don't remember hearing anything but I have slept through a 110 decibel fire alarm.

I just checked, the temperature was 27 degrees in our area Saturday morning. No precipitation was recorded as falling on Saturday. I wonder what the early morning thunder could have come from.

new topics

top topics

join