It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man arrested for Murdering "Ghost" Brides

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Now this is disturbed and quite frightining that someone would go to this length to get a quick buck. This man in China was arrested after murdering a woman that he had bought off of another family to sell to the family of a deceised man.

today.reuters.com
Chinese police have arrested three men for killing two young women to sell their corpses as "ghost brides" for dead single men, a Chinese newspaper reported, warning the dark custom might have claimed many other victims.

Yang Donghai, a 35-year-old farmer in western China's Shaanxi province, confessed to killing a woman bought from a poor family for 12,000 yuan ($1,545) last year.

She thought she was being sold into an arranged marriage, but Yang killed her in a gully and sold her corpse for 16,000 yuan, the Legal Daily reported Thursday. He and two accomplices then killed a prostitute and sold her for 8,000 yuan before police caught them.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Now I can understand the custom of obtaining a posthumous bride for a man that has died and buring the two together.

But this man murders for it? I hope this sicko goes away for a ling time. It also shows how little value the Chinese people have for human rights as you can still buy people in china.

Related News Links:
www.itv.com
www.myfoxwghp.com

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well this thread got moved but I would love to hear what others would have to say about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Very scary, Its hard to imagin that in this day and age that this kind of thing goes on,

I guess the only good part is that he is arreested ..that has to mean something,

But gosh What a twisted idea?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It also shows the lack of respect for human life in China. If this happened this time who knows how often it has happened in the past.

Just makes me sick that in this day and age even in China you can buy a person.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
heh, I found this reading your "nobody responds to me" thread.
I wouldn't be so rash regarding how they sell people in China. This usually happens in the poorest of the poor parts of the world, with little/no money/education. People do that all around the world. You ever hear of Russian women being kidnapped/sold/put into prostitution? Women in India being sold/given away/put into prostitution?
Its sad, barbaric, and really shouldn't exist today in such a world of wonders, money, and food production, but it just goes to show you, we aren't as evolved or "Holy" as we think we are.
The ghost bride part, well, when you have no education....
anyhoot, interesting post.

new topics

top topics

join