It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In an extreme survival situation would you.........?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
North Korea is one example where cannibalism can be found. As you may know, North Korea can barely feed it's population and there are severe food shortages. Last year several people were jailed for selling meat, that was supposed to come from livestock but in fact was human flesh. In starvation situations when push comes to shove people will eat each other to stay alive. North Korea is not the only place where this happens. Famine is often leads to long pork being on the menu.

Terapin I heard similar stories to the one you mention above, not only in Northe Korea but China as well. I heard it only through idle chatter so simply assumed it was one of these urban legends....do you have any sources?

More disturbingly recently I remember reading, (sorry trying to find the article but can't) an article about prostitution in Thailand. It focused on the usual subjects associated with sex tourism then went in to a detailed account of how the reporter went about buying a girl so he could kill her. He made no effort to hide the fact from the pimp he was going to kill her and I think the said 'owner' offered to dispose of the girl and then have her served back up to the client
The sale went through and a girl arrived for him seemingly aware she was about to be killed but fortunately for her she was taken out of the country rather hastily by the reporter who also made a quick exit, (still trying to find story).

I know that isnt quite on topic but just goes to show what some people will do for a few $.

MR

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Here is an article from the Washington Post about North Korea, and a woman talks about the problem with Famine and how it leads to cannibalism.

This article is not for the faint of heart.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have traveled all over the globe and often in very remote places. One thing I have learned while eating what the locals do, or foraging for what ever I could find in a survival situation.... Is never, ever, under any circumstances, eat a Clown.... They just taste funny!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
Here is an article from the Washington Post about North Korea, and a woman talks about the problem with Famine and how it leads to cannibalism.

This article is not for the faint of heart.

Link or article doesnt seem to be appearing!

That was a pretty awful joke BTW

MR

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Oops here is the link

North Korea and cannibalism

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join