It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing! Biggest solar flare I have ever seen just a few hours ago!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm very glad to see people talking about this event and taking it seriously. As I've stated in numerous posts in the Fragile Earth Forum....Too many people worry themselves into near hysteria over global warming, but seem completely disinterested in solar activity, planetary impact events, extra-solar activity (gamma ray burst's and super novae), or extreme seismic or volcanic activity. These phenomena are either poorly understood, very fast acting, and/or unpredictable.

Global warming is a natural process as evidenced by the geologic record showing numerous warming and cooling cycles of the planet. It's very slow acting, and thus predictable and capable of being addressed by adaptation.

To all those folks who seem to thrive on worrying about doomsday...I recommend focusing on the sun, comets, nearby stars, or the earths core, mantle, and seismic plates.

[edit on 1/26/2007 by darkbluesky]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
www.spaceweather.com...

According to Space Weather, there is a second mega flare .. mega flares for two days in a row. (if I'm reading this corectly).

No nothern lights alerts .. the stuff must not be coming this way.

www.sec.noaa.gov...

[edit on 1/26/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
damajikninja said:

So what do we know? Well, we know that on that date, our the bodies in our solar system will all be in alignment. The Transit of Venus will occur once again due to this (Venus passing in front of the Sun). Our Sun will also be in the peak of its solar tantrum cycle, causing some groups to speculate that the magnetic poles of our Earth and possibly other planets could be shifted or reversed altogether.

Besides all this fun stuff occuring in our Solar System, the whole of the solar system itself will be in perfect alignment with the eliptical plane of our Milky Way galaxy. It will be the first time this has occured in umpteen-xillion years.

Forces on the sun with all this alignment, methinks it would put a lot of strain on the planets and galaxy side of the sun due to the increase in gravity, me also thinks that it could cause the solar system to wobble as the planets and galaxy in alignment would pull the sun off center, affecting all the planets too.

WATS to you!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
well thankya fer the WATS!
I think you are right on with you're observations too, about the stresses that would be present with all that propogated gravity and magnetism from all the alignment. Thats why I say (and some others say) that we could see some magnetic flux in the planets (pole swapping).

I think I read somewhere recently too, that our sun has mysteriously lost its polar magnetism, and now has one unified field... I may be very incorrect about this, and I apologize that I cannot provide a source. Interesting nonetheless.

Thanks again!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja

I think I read somewhere recently too, that our sun has mysteriously lost its polar magnetism, and now has one unified field... I may be very incorrect about this, and I apologize that I cannot provide a source. Interesting nonetheless.

I didnt find any articles on unified field on Google, but I found a Pole reversal article, and coincidently the time for it to reverse again to a northern aligned way is *drumroll* 2012.

science.nasa.gov...

The Sun's magnetic north pole, which was in the northern hemisphere just a few months ago, now points south. It's a topsy-turvy situation, but not an unexpected one....The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Hey 2012 is an election year too. We vote in November and we find out who wins in December... then the Mayan Calendar ends on Dec. 21st! lol Should be an interesting year!

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I've already begun to feel the effects of it.. to me though before I heard about this sun-splosion, I had the impression someone was dead or going to die.. that was one heck of an explosion man..

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
I've already begun to feel the effects of it.. to me though before I heard about this sun-splosion, I had the impression someone was dead or going to die.. that was one heck of an explosion man..

People i know who don't even believe in conspiracy stuff at all have all said to me they feel something big is just coming over the horizon (
)

The weather of late, tectonic activity and now these massive flares...times are changing, and it won't be long before the truth about our connection to reality is finally revealed to us (again), and the golden age can begin.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Here is a picture of the culprit, looks peaceful and calm now! could it be the calm before the storm, Yikes!

Sunspot 940 say hello!

We are in the solar minimum, I've heard this is going to be the one the largest solar maximums beginning in a year or 2, greater than the one at the end of the 1950's when all we had was sputnik! It is unknown what damage if any will be cause to satellites! Yikes, I'll be lost without GPS and ESPN!

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Here is another picture, not quite as clear!

Another 940 Picture!

[edit on 1/27/07 by mel1962]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
And in 2013 they'll start promoting a new 'end of the world' date

btw there is no planetary alignment in 2012 and we came into 'alignment' with the galactic plane in about 1998.

The likelihood of anything significant happening on the 21st Dec 2012 is exactly the same as that of anything happening on the 15th July 2008 or the 3rd October 2010

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

btw there is no planetary alignment in 2012 and we came into 'alignment' with the galactic plane in about 1998.

The likelihood of anything significant happening on the 21st Dec 2012 is exactly the same as that of anything happening on the 15th July 2008 or the 3rd October 2010

So where is your proof that we came into galactic alignment, "in about 1998"?

Sounds like that answer is a no proof, no link answer.

Are you an astronomer?, because if you truly were you would give an exact day, time, co-ordinates and back it up with hard proof, otherwise you are in the same boat as the people claiming anything else.

JCM

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hey there is a brand new comet heading for the sun, I am not sure of how close it will approach but I wonder if this would contribute negatively to the current solar activity in any way?

Link to info on Comet McNaught >

www.space.com...

We should be experiencing some fantastic northern lights in the northern hemisphere!

JCM

[edit on 27-1-2007 by JCM]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Lol your in for a suprise. Its no wonder people think 2012 is just a date of no importance, given how the Y2K thing transpired. The Y2K thing is interesting because it shows just how easily alot of people were convinced something was going to happen, despite the fact that computers would not malfunction due to the date being 00...does a computer care about the date? Does a computer have consciousness to understand the paradox of the year going from 99 to 00? No.

Interesting that 2012 just happens by coincidence to involve consciousness itself. Would it be too much to believe that the Y2K thing was manufactured to make people think end dates are ALL wrong/non existent, just as we approach the one date that comes up time and time again, in many different religions, cultures and remote viewers etc?

Planetary alignment is not even half of what is going to happen. The alignment itself is merely the physical end point where we no longer have any choice as to when we ascend, and we will be forced by nature itself to ascend. Im not expecting you to believe this, but we have been ready to ascend for almost 100 years, it's just our status quo/masters who refuse to let go and keep us held back.

x08

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Lol your in for a suprise. Its no wonder people think 2012 is just a date of no importance, given how the Y2K thing transpired. The Y2K thing is interesting because it shows just how easily alot of people were convinced something was going to happen, despite the fact that computers would not malfunction due to the date being 00...does a computer care about the date? Does a computer have consciousness to understand the paradox of the year going from 99 to 00? No.

Good point. Humans are a very gullible species as a whole. In the theory I had going on Y2K ~ well,if the pc only uses 2 digits to calculate the year, and my program's registration was set to expire in the year 99... then when the clock reset to 00, I still have another 99 years of free registration.

Is it just me? Every thread I have opened today all seem to end up talking about 2012 even if the topic was something different (ie. solar flares)...!!?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It's not just you x08... it would seem that 2012 is the end-all, be-all topic (pun intended). With all these different categories and subdivisions of conspiracy, isn't it odd how it always comes back to 2012? And we dont even know whats going to happen around that date.

Somehow, most of us have an inate feeling, whether we admit it or not, that we are slowly escalating to some event. I mean, stop and think about it... you know how you have always been able to sort of "see yourself" at a given point in the future while growing up? Can you see anything past, say 2012? Im no clairvoiant, but it just seems that there is a brick-wall up ahead on our timeline.

I dunno - this could all be baseless conjecture. But I just can't deny the feeling I get that something is coming to a head.

Now, back to Solar Flares!

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arkangel4time

Originally posted by damajikninja

I didnt find any articles on unified field on Google, but I found a Pole reversal article, and coincidently the time for it to reverse again to a northern aligned way is *drumroll* 2012.

science.nasa.gov...

The Sun's magnetic north pole, which was in the northern hemisphere just a few months ago, now points south. It's a topsy-turvy situation, but not an unexpected one....The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.

[raises hand shyly] it was me that threw 2012 into this one. it was sort of an attempt at humor, but I also agree it just "feels" like something is going on/coming up lately.

Sorry bout the 2012 interjection

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Wow! That thing is both beautiful and scary at the same time.

Oh, and about this 2012 thing, i'm of the school that believed the revised date in October 2011 is the correct one.

That being said, i still don't know:

A) why the Mayans just stopped their calender or
B) what (if anything) will happen.

We just have to wait and see... (with bug out bags in hand!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join