It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Commandos In The Streets: "Granite Shadow"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM), the military's new homeland security command, is preparing its draft version of CONPLAN 0400 for military operations in the United States, and the resulting Granite Shadow plan has been classified above Top Secret by adding a Special Category (SPECAT) compartment restricting access.

The sensitivities, according to military sources, include deployment of "special mission units" (the so-called Delta Force, SEAL teams, Rangers, and other special units of Joint Special Operations Command) in Washington, DC and other domestic hot spots. NORTHCOM has worked closely with U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM), as well as the secret branches of non-military agencies and departments to enforce "unity of command" over any post 9/11 efforts.

Source:Top Secret Pentagon Operation "Granite Shadow" revealed. Today in DC: Commandos in the Streets?

I believe this article, if true, should be investigated.

"Granite Shadow" makes a mockery of the posse comitatus act. Reaction to a disaster, natural or otherwise, is a civil matter, and should be handles by the states involved. Isnt this what a National Guard can be used for.

Placing armed commandos, with "unique rules of engagement regarding use of lethal force," on the streets after a nuke has gone off seems alot like locking the barn door after the horse has bolted.

Any comments?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Maybe I'm paranoid, but I think I should leave behind college and move out of new york quick!! But if I do that I can't get a degree and I'd ruin my future over some scare, but maybe I'd be saving myself from getting hit with a nuclear shockwave from hell.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Maybe to deal with a possible ``revolution`` when the economic collapse arrive, or the North American Union, or the taking of guns... or the protests against the Iran war and the use of nukes... We'll see this year, i'm pretty sure.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
They probably want to give these special forces guys training in real world urban areas without the need to build special training grounds.

Of course it would also serve the dual purpose of acclimating us citizens to the sight of special forces operating on our home soil. You should stop by Grand Central Station here in New York and see all the soldiers doing the police work.

I wouldn't be surprised if they get local citizens to participate in some of these training scenarios.

But who knows, maybe they plan on a coup of some sort.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
First of all SPECAT isn't a level above Top Secret, any more than NOFORN, NATO, etc.. In fact there is no level that's above Top Secret, just compartmentalized info that happens to be Top Secret, based on need to know. Secondly, folks from the units above would be the last people that their fellow countrymen would have to worry about being oppressed by(De Oppresso Liber isn't just a catchy slogan).
Lastly, in the event of a nuclear strike, or threat of one, martial law might come into play, whereby Posse Commitatus wouldn't be an issue. If there are terrorist groups in the country, SOF forces would be far more capable against them than police forces. This OPLAN if it exists as portrayed wouldn't be Top Secret anyhow.

Here's the criteria for classification-

en.wikipedia.org...

Classification levels
Although the classification systems vary from country to country most have levels corresponding to the following United States definitions (from the highest level to lowest):

Top Secret (TS)
The highest level of classification of material. Such material would cause "exceptionally grave damage" to national security if publicly available.

Secret
Such material would cause "serious damage" to national security if publicly available.

Confidential
Such material would cause "damage" or be "prejudicial" to national security if publicly available.

Restricted
Such material would cause "undesirable" effects if publicly available. Some countries do not have such a classification.

Unclassified
Technically not a classification level, but is used for government documents that do not have a classification listed above. Such documents can be viewed by those without security clearance.
Classified information at the Confidential, Secret or Top Secret level can be further restricted by being additionally categorized as Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or Special Access Program (SAP) information. This applies to certain intelligence sources, methods, or analytical processes that require additional access control measures. SCI or SAP information is labeled by letter codes that indicate which program the information is a part of.

new topics

top topics

join