It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Globalisation is GOOD!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Just saw this video and thought some of you pro-nwo types might like it.

Google Video Link

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I’m 25 minutes into this horrendous thash and this guy is in some sort of lala land. He could probably find a silver-lining in the Holocaust if he were asked to do so.

Here are some of the juicy quotes I’ve got so far.

“sweatshop is a necessary steps to industrialization.”

“sweatshop is an outdated myth.”

And one of the most naïve statements ever uttered in a non-religious documentary. Ever.

“There is no motivation for multi-nationals to exploit cheap labor in poor countries.”

I guess no one is exploiting cheap Chinese labor!

He starts off in Taiwan where I’ve noticed the first contradictions. He mentions that land reforms by the government took land from the old elite and gave it to the poor farmers, who were finally able to own land. Some farmers then created manufacturing plants which led to the Taiwanese economic miracle.

The land reforms he mentions would not be possible, or at least not accepted be the globalists today. (NWO) Taiwan was left alone because no westerners owned any lands in Taiwan – or else, they would’ve come in with their armies, as they did in Latin America. (see Bill Moyer’s Secret Government. (Google Video) )

For more on Taiwan and Paper Tigers see The Myth of Asia's Miracle

He then goes to Vietnam to visit a Nike factory. Which he wants to make us believe is what modern sweatshops look like now. There’s even beautiful gardens around the facility, so that “employees can walk around and feel relax.” He follows one of the managers and even goes to her house. She displays her new found love for consumerism, and how she’s able to buy all these new things. Then he says:

If you boycott Nike, Cigi [the Nike manager] looses her job!

At that point I stopped it, I had enough. (Although I downloaded it so I can see what he does in Kenya.)

PS - The most violent people at anti- globalization rallies are most probably agent-provocateurs. He makes the anti-globalization people look like a bunch of lunatics.

[edit on 25/1/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Several excellent points were raised in this documentary.

The largest flaw of the entire anti-globalization movement (and trust me, I've been involved with it in the past) was that the majority of well meaning protestors tend to equate their standards of living with those of peoples in third world companies.

I worked briefly with a group in Seattle who was trying to get labor laws passed in South America that would grant more civil liberties to workers who were being exploited. And trust me, the conditions down there were far worse than anything that's being shown on this documentary - some matters would make you downright sick...

Don't you find it oddly hilarious that the majority of those protestors were most likely wearing sweatshop labor goods?

Most of the well meaning protestors I met during my foray into the anti-globalization, WTO issues didn't think twice about condemning the companies that supposedly "exploit their workers" while wearing their name brand clothing that these "poor laborers" worked so hard to produce.

When the WTO riots happened in Seattle - I was there, and saw a kid wearing Nikes tearing down a large metal sign outside of the store as a form of "protest" against sweatshops.

I wish I had a copy of that photo. It summed up everything wrong with the movement.

*edit to clarify

[edit on 25-1-2007 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yes, people have an interesting apporach to the anti-globalization movement, but that doenst mean the IDEA is wrong.

Globalization is a force designed to overthrow the soverignty of countries, issue harsh austerity programs, and roll back democratically won social gains. Here and abroad.

Dont buy the hype, the Free-Market was NEVER free!

join