It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blinded by the Light - Part 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Flight AA237 London � Washington DC 9:17 Zulu

�This is Flight AA237, we are declaring an emergency. Heathrow tower please respond this is Flight AA237 declaring an emergency�

�Give it a break Skip, they are not responding the radio must be out, as well almost every other electrical system on this plane�

�Yes cap�n, what are we going to do. We cannot keep going without Radar or Radio�

�We will divert to Bristol, they should be able to take us there, switch to ATC frequency again and try them�

�ATC control this is Flight AA237, we are declaring an emergency, requesting divert to Bristol international.�

�Flight AA237, this RAF control, please state nature of emergency�

�RAF control, flight AA237 sorry about that guys I was trying to get ATC, must have tuned to the wrong frequency�

�Negative on that flight AA237, RAF Ops are controlling UK airspace at the moment, please state nature of emergency�

The captain and his co-pilot looked at each other. The captain took over the mike.

�RAF control, say again, RAF ops has taken over UK air space. This is flight AA237 from Heathrow to Washington DC. We have lost Radar and some electrical power. We have the USA�s Ambassador to the UK on board. We need to divert to Bristol can you advice�

�Flight AA237, this is RAF control. Please stand by�

�Several seconds of static pass.

�Flight AA237, this is RAF control. Negative on Bristol, please turn to heading 300 your destination is now Glasgow international.�

�RAF control this is Flight AA237, Roger turning to heading 300. Setting ALS to Glasgow international. Can you tell us what is going on�?

�Negative on the Flight AA237, be advised we are on unsecured communication. Please advise the Ambassador of the following. �The sky is falling�, repeat, �The sky is falling�

�Roger RAF control, �The sky is falling��

�Roger RAF control out�

The Captain asked the co-pilot to take control, then left the cockpit and walked do where the Ambassador was sitting in 1st class.

�Mr Ambassador, I have being advised to tell you the following.

�The Sky is falling� �

The ambassador�s face turned white.

�I�m sorry captain, what did you say�

�The sky is falling Sir�

�Where did you get this information?�

�RAF control sir, they have taken over UK airspace, can you tell me what this means sir? Our Radar is out, we cannot contact civilian ATC and we are being diverted to Glasgow�

�Son�, the ambassador said, �do you believe in God�, the captain nodded, �then you better start praying�

�Why Sir?�

�Someone has just nuked London�

Dec 24th PADDOCK (underneath the MOD building London) 09:18 Zulu

The lights where still flicking on and off, dust was still settling and filled the air with a harsh mustiness, that seemed out off place in this world of hi-tech gadgetry.

The computers where all working fine, they and their UPS where all in one giant ops room, which was surrounded by the worlds largest Faraday cage.

�Ok can someone tell me what we know so far�, the Minster of Defence said.

�Ok all stations are responding as negative on missile launch, we have been in contact with NORAD and they confirm no Missile blooms where identified.

The blast yield has been identified as sub-megaton; approx 500KT. seems to be a 3 stage thermonuclear device. Ground Zero has yet to be identified.

The Americans went to DEFCON 2 as soon as they detected the detonation, the Russians do not seem to be increasing their military readiness at the moment.

British Forces have gone to AMBER BLACK status; we have one missile submarine on patrol somewhere north of Iceland, but are unable to contact it at the moment.

A further two submarines are being readied for Sea as we speak.

The RAF has combat air patrols up at the moment.

We have contacted Army HQ, and they are waiting for Orders.�

�Ok but what else to we know? Is this part of a wider attack?� the MOD asked.

�Negative Sir, we believe it is a Terrorist attack�, the man from 5 said.

�Ok what about the Media, what has happened with that�

�We have taken all TV Stations off the air, as described in the Emergency measures manual, as most of the TV stations are based out of London it was not much of a problem. As for the rest of the world, we are unsure at the moment. CNN are reporting that an event has taken place in London. Al-quazri TV, is saying that the fist of Allah is delivered a major blow to the enemies of Islam�

�Casualties, any word on these?�

�Sir it is too early to say�

�I don�t want to here that, give me an estimate�

�Using one of the cold-war model, for the same level of blast in central London, anywhere between 1 and 2 million dead, maybe another 2 million injured. Sir it is too early to even give an accurate estimate�.

�Ok but a ball park figure will be in the millions dead or injured, yes?�

�Yes sir that would be about right�

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Really enjoying these TC, looking forward to the next part - keep up the good work

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thanks UF, I will try and get the 3rd part up tomorrow (before going to see ROTK).

new topics

join