It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ray gun makes targets feel as if they are on fire

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
think radio or cell phone signals, intensified and focused. easiest way i can think to explain it really.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
haha, i still want one....

i wonder if in the future, say 2400 A.D., little kids will be "pretend" burning ants with their brand new ray guns they got for Xmas.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Nice toy.

Interesting seeing it slung on the top off the hummer, but not the best use.

Now sling it on the underside of a helicopter, with the usual thermal camera gear and you have a very interesting platform. Great for citywide curfews.

Or better still onto a UAV. Great solution for the mexico border patrols.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ciewan
Nice toy.

Interesting seeing it slung on the top off the hummer, but not the best use.

Now sling it on the underside of a helicopter, with the usual thermal camera gear and you have a very interesting platform. Great for citywide curfews.

Or better still onto a UAV. Great solution for the mexico border patrols.

hmm....surprised nobody's mentioned that yet. You're onto something here

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I wonder if how long before they start to really use it or are they using it now and we don't know about it?

Maybe they have tested it in battle?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
It's not mind control- they don't just think they are in pain, but in fact are in quite a bit of discomfort. Enough to want to stop what they're doing and run away to get away from the effect. I find it ironic that many complain about the collateral damage, yet when non lethal devices are developed, that's bad too.

Because non-lethal devices have a very funny way of becoming lethal when placed into the hands of police officers. Know what the difference between a cop's gun and a cop's tazer is? Oftentimes an officer seems to feel he is obligated to make use of the tazer, while he knows firing the gun without good reason will get him in a lot of trouble. When a person is severely damaged by tazers, it's simply called a "malfunction".

As a military tool, it's expensive and bound to be of minimal use (As an earlier poster noted, one rocket launcher screws the whole thing up). As domestic crowd control, it's almost guaranteed to be grosly overused and abused, much as pepper spray is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join