It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ray gun makes targets feel as if they are on fire

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet but I couldn't find anything on a search.

Talk about mind control holy %$T!.

CNN Ray Gun

MOODY AIR FORCE BASE, Georgia (AP) -- The military's new weapon is a ray gun that shoots a beam that makes people feel as if they will catch fire.

The technology is supposed to be harmless -- a non-lethal way to get enemies to drop their weapons.

Military officials say it could save the lives of civilians and service members in places like Iraq and Afghanistan.

The weapon is not expected to go into production until at least 2010, but all branches of the military have expressed interest in it, officials said.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
not really mind control, is it?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hum looks great

when will I be able to buy one for myself?

hum? Only 54 celcius degree... seems a bit low when the guy realises he's not going to ignite

won't the enemy get used to it pretty fast?

Edit: just had the picture of a US soldier handling the thing

"what the crap... 54 degrees? (doesnt see the celcius indication) seems too low for me... im going to push it a bit...."

*fries another soldier during training

[edit on 24-1-2007 by CanadianGlasnost]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by racerzeke

Sure seems to make people think they are on fire and definately changes their minds.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Sounds like microwave technology to me. I'm aware that law enforcement in the US has been testing the microwave concept for purposes of crowd control.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Landis
Sounds like microwave technology to me. I'm aware that law enforcement in the US has been testing the microwave concept for purposes of crowd control.

I really hope this is not the case because Microwaves in the amplitude have to do some kind of physical damage. I don't care what they say about how safe it is.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
well... the joke I said might be closer to reality than I tough...

Oh irony when you make us right....

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This is one of the few occasions that I can laugh, and mock the rest of the police forces...

Crowd control? How hard is crowd control? It seems that every Fat Tuesday, we are able to control the crowd down here with remarkable results, and yet without ever using microwave technology to "make people feel they are harmed".

Every other police agency in the country should be coming to New Orleans to learn about crowd control. We might not do the rest correctly, but crowd control we have down.

Imagine if Seattle would have had our knowledge when they attempted Mardi Gras in 2000.

[edit on 1/24/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
While I agree with you Niteboy82, one could argue that crow control is not that easy, since taking for example... Guinea... They sure seem to have a hard time crowd controlling

Anyway, I think it's a fact we should not forget that the Military is not only researching ways of blowing up the planet and can come with Non Letal Weapons that can we used in a Warlike Environnement

this is the kind of gadget that might save a few civilans lives in Iraq

Im not even sure they feel they are harmed... the Article say you feel a HeatWave...

I think it gives more the impression of getting really near a fireplace, and the surprise is enough to make you drop your weapon simply because you THINK you will burn

If it was really THAT painful, I bet the people they tried that on would have said it no?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth

Originally posted by racerzeke

Sure seems to make people think they are on fire and definately changes their minds.

It's not mind control- they don't just think they are in pain, but in fact are in quite a bit of discomfort. Enough to want to stop what they're doing and run away to get away from the effect. I find it ironic that many complain about the collateral damage, yet when non lethal devices are developed, that's bad too.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
This is one of the few occasions that I can laugh, and mock the rest of the police forces...

Crowd control? How hard is crowd control? It seems that every Fat Tuesday, we are able to control the crowd down here with remarkable results, and yet without ever using microwave technology to "make people feel they are harmed".

Every other police agency in the country should be coming to New Orleans to learn about crowd control. We might not do the rest correctly, but crowd control we have down.

Imagine if Seattle would have had our knowledge when they attempted Mardi Gras in 2000.

[edit on 1/24/07 by niteboy82]

Military crowd control and police crowd control are two different things, and the rules of engagement are different as well. The military isn't as concerned with maintaining an orderly crowd as they are as not having a crowd in the first place. The whole point is that when military operations are occurring and there's a likelihood that there'll be civilian casualties if they don't immediately move out of the way, you need to have a tool to accomplish this task. Additionally, you're adding to your own force protection by keeping hostile crowds from being in close proximity, forcing you to dilute your combat strength by having infantry serve as crowd control, rather than their main mission.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just another insurgent target to blow up.

You know how many DOD projects help by any great factor.

What is a band of insurgents without a rocket launcher to take
out a ray gun jeep.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
ANd how exactly will this help the military in a war or fighting with insurgents? lol.

It is a cool gadget though.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Bah. How many times do we have to hear of new 'cool' ways of controlling and harming people!?

This world is either going to end up realising that all weapons are bad, or thinking that all weapons are good!

Even though this is an apparently harmless weapon, accepting advanced weapons research so easily is just softening us up for when they introduce other things like HAARP for instance. And when they do that everyone will be saying "oh cool yeah we can control the Middle-East with that! And why don't we just control Russia and China while we're at it!?"

Where is this world headed?

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Clearly this isn't mind control. The article pretty clearly states that is has an actual physical effect.

www.cnn.com...
the sudden, 130-degree Fahrenheit (54.44 Celsius) heat

They 'feel like they're on fire' because they are being heated and hit with a projected energy beam.

Originally posted by niteboy82

Crowd control? How hard is crowd control? It seems that every Fat Tuesday, we are able to control the crowd down here with remarkable results,

We're talking about radical shi'ites and sunnis armed with machines guns and mortars, not drunk college kids flashing their boobies.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
Bah. How many times do we have to hear of new 'cool' ways of controlling and harming people!?

This world is either going to end up realising that all weapons are bad, or thinking that all weapons are good!

Even though this is an apparently harmless weapon, accepting advanced weapons research so easily is just softening us up for when they introduce other things like HAARP for instance. And when they do that everyone will be saying "oh cool yeah we can control the Middle-East with that! And why don't we just control Russia and China while we're at it!?"

Where is this world headed?

Weapons are tools. They possess no moral/immoral attributes beyond those of the user. Heating skin through EM radiation is a far cry from being able to "control" the minds of Russians and the Chinese. It's really a terrible analogy.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Just another insurgent target to blow up.

You know how many DOD projects help by any great factor.

What is a band of insurgents without a rocket launcher to take
out a ray gun jeep.

It's pretty hard to keep a steady aim, when you're in excruciating pain. This thing has a greater range than an RPG.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Now there's a way you can be burned at the stake and live to talk about it. I swear if some body fake burns me i'm still going to sue. For real though it sounds a lot better than having to kill everyone. But don't you think the more Psychotic people will just fight thru the pain knowing its not real?

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Royal76]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
related:
hosted.ap.org...
news.bbc.co.uk...

and here's a pic from the mounted weapon:
newsimg.bbc.co.uk...

video:
video.google.com...
youtube.com...

[edit on 25-1-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

Weapons are tools. They possess no moral/immoral attributes beyond those of the user. Heating skin through EM radiation is a far cry from being able to "control" the minds of Russians and the Chinese. It's really a terrible analogy.

I didn't say anything about mind control? I meant that that the world isn't going to get any better while these new 'cool' weapons are being developed. Weapons research is going to go too far and it will be too late before people realise that weapons aren't as 'cool' as they think.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join