It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.G. Gonzales: Constitution Doesn't Guarantee Habeas Corpus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I would say the #1 reason why people in this nation DO NOTHING is because they have NO hope anymore. During the American revolution there was a string of hope, no matter how small, during the civil war, there was hope, yet smaller, people genuinely just wanted the throttle each other in that one. During WW2 the American public was fully mobilized because they KNEW if they failed the Nazis would overrun Britain then America as well as the rest of the world. Yet they had hope, and fought like heck to make sure things came out to their benefit not the Nazis.
Today, 2 wars outright, other smaller wars that are funded yet not openly talked about (Columbia is an example) and more wars to come. Politicians have excluded the people for over 60 years, all they do is talk about me, me, me, and when someone says: "what about us" they keep going on: me, me, me. I am someone who thinks it should be here is what WE will do, here is what WE can accomplish if WE work at it. People have watched politicians stab them in the back for over 20 years and have given up, they have no hope anymore. They held hope then having to watch as it crumbles before their eyes.
The Dhali Lama said hope is not good to have because it can crumble, true enough if you have people who are supposed to be your leaders and they do nothing but lie, cheat and steal. However, at the end of the day, what keeps us going? All of us, all around the world, what keeps us going? Well we have a medium sized portion that fights for greed, that is what they live for, greed and power. We have another LARGER hunk of the world, and they, and I am part of them, live with a little hope that things will change, and that tomorrow will be a little better than today, that is all we live for. Then there is another portion, the last portion, they live only for the sake of living, and screw anything else. So where do you fit into this picture? Group: A, B, or C? I am in group B.
However hope only goes so far, when NOTHING happens it detiorates, and it becomes harder to change things. However hope can always be rekindled, for either good or bad. Where I live I ran into a girl who was in one of my classes at the high school, well I asked her what she was doing now that she was out, short talk, and I asked her a question: Are you political? She said "what?" and so I explained what political is, well she said no, and then I asked: If you were included in things, nationaly, would you become political? She then said: uhh... YES!
We are SUPPOSED to be a Republic primarily, however for some reason we are considered a democracy, which we are not in truth. However, for "all" this technology we are supposed to have, it is never used to give the people a choice, instead they use the technology to servic their greed, and when need be use it as an example of WHY the people should have no say in things: "Its just too complicated for them, there are too many problems, we have too many people." Well that never stopped the Greeks in Athens. Technology can serve two people and only two people: the masses, the elite. Take your pick, whom do you wish technology to serve?
Without hope, nothing will happen, yet if you put your hope into the same people who betrayed you, then you are going to repeat the process all over again and it will be FAR worse next time around should you "win" which in truth: you lost. You CANNOT win a fight by playing someone elses game, where they want, when they want, and how they want. This is what people are doing now, they CANNOT win, any "win" is just a loss, they have done what they wanted to do and are done now, so they move on, and have left the people who were "fighting" them in the dust again.
So long as people keep playing their game, they are never and I mean NEVER going to win, not even with numbers, remember, they made this system, and people are playing at it and losing miserably. So the next time they say: "taxes will be reduced by 2% this year!!!" Remember, who is REALLY benefiting from that tax reduction? You or the CEO of McDonalds? There are two sides to EVERYTHING they do in this regard, one part to get the public to just shut up for a bit, and the other larger part is to keep their true supporters happy, the elite and corporations.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join