It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilian Reserve Corps: Threat or Fantasy?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Justin Oldham

Originally posted by donwhite
Any hope for a general uprising in America to protest or push back an excessive grab for executive power rests in the LEAST admired group in America, its long suffering and always loyal BLACKS!

Throughout history, those who have the least have often had to do the most. Cadres have always been just one more tool to keep them in line while making them feel like they belonged to something bigger than themselves.

I don't like a volunteer Armed Forces. People tend to "trust" or "believe" the man (or woman) who signs their paycheck. Or who controls their next promotion! That's called SELF interest. Something we all share!

I said what I said above because I’m watching the ever growing number of US Armed Forces members who are trained in URBAN warfare. Asymmetric warfare. 1) Look at Basra recently. Or look at Sadr City today. 2) I add to that the ceaseless PROPAGANDA our soldiers, sailors and Marines are subjected to. And finally, 3) I remember well the UCMJ - Uniform Code of Military Justice - and the severs penalties imposed for DISOBEDIENCE of a lawful order. And recalling how in the Holy Heck is a 18 or 19 year old person to have the slightest idea what is or is not a lawful order? Can you spell Mi Lai? See Note 1.

Note 1. Mi Lai was the mass murder of 347 to 504 unarmed citizens of South Vietnam almost entirely civilians and the majority of them women and children, conducted by U.S. Army forces on March 16, 1968. Before being killed some of the victims were raped and sexually molested, beaten, tortured, or maimed. Some of the dead bodies were also mutilated.

On the eve of the attack at the Charlie Company briefing, Captain Ernest Medina informed his men that nearly all the civilian residents of the hamlets in So+n My~ village would have left for the market by 07:00 and that any who remained would be NLF or NLF sympathizers. National Liberation Front - Viet Cong. Some of the company soldiers, including platoon leaders, later testified that the orders as they understood them were to kill all guerrilla and North Vietnamese combatants and "suspects" (including women and children, as well as all animals), to burn the village, and pollute the wells.

One platoon was led by 2nd Lt William Calley, went in shooting at "suspected enemy position". After the first civilians were killed and wounded by the indiscriminate fire, the soldiers soon began attacking anything that moved, humans and animals alike, with firearms, grenades and bayonets. The scale of the massacre only spiraled as it progressed, the brutality increasing with each killing. [The US Army was NOW ACTING AS A MOB wearing the same color clothing.]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
With all due respect, a conscripted force would be much more easily lead in to the kinds of situations you're talking about. A conscripted army could be used against the American people much more easily. throughought history, consicripted forces have always been prone to following leadership without questioning orders.

When the army becomes a loyalist cadre, we'll be in much worse trouble than we are today.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Here is an example of why the concept of a corporate gravy train thinly disguised as the Civolian Reserve Corps shouldn't go ahead. In some of the low key areas of operation pure corporate greed would kill more US troops then the enemy .

[edit on 29-5-2008 by xpert11]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Cadres, as I envision them, would have the same potential for cost overrun and bureaucratic abuse as any other governmental body. Cadres would serve to turn out loyalists, who would go on to occupy civil service jobs. Their inefficiencies would be enshrined, and their grip on political power would be hard to dislodge.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It's more than a little interesting to me that Barack Obama has recently called for the creation of a civilian Homeland Security force. It's worth noting that such a thing as authorized in the Revised Patriot Act of 2006.

Critics of this initiative will liken it to the creation of Hitler's SA, or Mussolini's Black Shirts. I think it's just one more cadre for us to be worried about.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by Justin Oldham]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Justin Oldham

. . a civilian Homeland Security force. It's worth noting that such a thing as authorized in the Revised Patriot Act of 2006. Critics of this initiative will liken it to the creation of Hitler's SA, or Mussolini's Black Shirts. I think it's just one more cadre for us to be worried about.

Well, look here, the Nazis had a real agenda. As opposed to the Hitler Youth, the German SA was the Nazi adult light armor types who were engaged in street warfare. I take it there must have been others they engaged with? SA leader Ernst Röhm had ambitions the reach of which exceeded his grasp. Reined in by Hitler, Röhm was killed during the Night of the Long Knives. Some historians say Hitler himself shot his co-conspirator to death although others say no. See Note 1.

The same political purpose of uniformed “gangs” applied to the Italians and to other fascist regimes in the 1930s Europe. It was done there in part for the same reason we instituted what we called the Civilian Conservation Corps here. The CCC. To get unemployed, restless young men OFF the streets. There was much opposition here from the beginning largely due to the unjustified - IMO - comparison of the uniformed CCC with the SA and Black Shirts. Ignorance compounded with a heavy dose of anti-government predisposition. On the positive side, you can still see and use the work done by the CCC in many state and National Parks. Talk about value for money! See Note 2.

We do not have the culture here that makes obedience the norm. We are basically a society that resists “group think.” I see no danger in a Century21 CCC make over. In fact, the need for such a 12 to 24 month program for America’s urban youth is so glaring that you must be wearing blinders not to see it. Or do you prefer to continue putting 30% of them into PRISON?

Note 1.
Hitler ordered the arrest and subsequent execution of the leadership of the SA, on June 30-July 2, 1934, on what is known as the Night of the Long Knives. Hitler personally led the SS raid on the Hanselbauer Hotel in Bad Wiessee. The SA organization declined from 2.9 million in 1934 to 1.2 million in 1938. It became little more than an old comrades association, appearing at the Nuremberg Rallies. [A German “American Legion?”]

Another factor contributing to the decline of the SA was the reintroduction of conscription in 1935 and the buildup of the German Army. The SA remained active until the end of the war, but its only significant action after 1934 was Kristallnacht, when it was activated to riot against Jews, destroying Jewish businesses and synagogues. en.wikipedia.org...

Note 2.
I have visited Watkins Glen State Park in New York. It is the land around a peculiar geological feature. The earth is coming apart! There is a gorge about 50 to 200 feet wide. It is plain to see from the visible rock strata exposed on the two sides of the gorge that the widening space did not always exist. Probably 1-2 million years old. Somewhere deep in the earth there is a split!

Carved in-place by hammer and chisels out of the stone, the CCC fashioned 1,100 odd steps down the gorge, so it is now a popular hiking trail. About 10 feet wide and spaced well for climbing, old people tend to go down the steps as in my case, but young people like to climb up the stone stairway for the exercise. The CCC carved those steps in the 1938-1939 time frame. For $30 a month, plus clothes, room and board. I’ve also seen CCC work at Cloudland Canyon State Park in Georgia. OUR Georgia, not the Russian’s Georgia!
nysparks.state.ny.us...

[edit on 11/6/2008 by donwhite]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join