It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why send me to hell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Let's get something straight....

Mujibar in the deep deep depths of the Indian jungle, grows up, has a family, and dies. Never heard of Christ, never knew one God, and is sent to hell....

The Christian logic, every man/woman has to be saved to get to heaven... But no ones every told Mujibar about Jesus, no missionary has made it that far (yet), so therefore the missionary fails to preach to the four corners and Mujibar goes to hell.

Funny thing about religion and death.... Each religion has it's beginning, and how your soul will end.

You can rest assure that when the missionary breathes his last breath, he'll see a light and hear a voice telling him to come hither. Mujibar dies and he's guaranteed to see Ganesh.

So with that aside, where is the comapssion in Jesus?
Or was the message of Jesus a political/religious doctrine, turned inside out and prevert for the benefit of greed?

The question is this;
Each religion/system of belief has it's own beginning and end, is there any one belief that is right?

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
That is a question that can't be answered. You will hear now people of different religions, making up their own little loopholes to answer that question.

As a matter of fact, many loopholes are made up by many idividuals to seek answers to questions left unanswered. Many ideas are forged in our heads to fit these problems and make them work.

Sounds like the whole basis of religion. I ask a question. Why are we alive. To answer, many people make many different stories up in their heads based on nothing other than speculation. Thats why there are many different religions.

So basically the fact that we cant answer questions like that is why religion is so hard to believe, but also it is the very thing that created it.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
convincing you that hell exists and is waiting for you if you dont worship my god or if you worship a different one is part of the religious groups recruitment drive manual.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 03:26 AM
link   
What if only one faith was true? And all the others were purely a deception to stop you from coming to the truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 03:45 AM
link   
imo all religions are true, yet false.

I know that probably makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:47 AM
link   
No one sends anyone to HELL!

Man cannot judge man.....God alone has the authourity to do so.

Quote//StationsCreation..... And all the others were purely a deception to stop you from coming to the truth.
Now there's a point!

But as we know, the truth always comes out and when t does all will make sense as to why things happen the way they do!

God created humans good and He left them with one commandment.....if you eat you will die......Death is what every human being will encounter ,be it rich or poor !

It is up to the each individual to look at themselves and ask for assistence and guidance .....It takes humility to admit that we need help and guidance. It also means that going against the beleifs of many others in society....
The Christian with true humility realizes that God uses others to help clarify His will for each person.
St Dorotheos of Gaza was born in the early 6th century, in Antioch.
Dorotheos wisely asks,''For how can we know the will of God or seek it completely if we beleive only in ourselves and hold on to our own will''?
When seeking God's will we must not only turn to the scriptures and the writings of Holy Fathers, but we must also ask the advice of those whose experiences in the faith have taught them much.
On judging others, it is not for us to judge our neighbour......More importantly, we must have no way of knowing the heart of the person.Perhaps we see someone sinning.Dorotheos asks us,''And how do you know what tears he has shed about it before God?
You may well know the sin, but you do not know about the repentence?''
Thus the truly humble person will not judge his neighbour,chooses instead to accuse only himself!

www.innerlightproductions.com...

"In those days, the deaf shall hear words of Scripture, and the voice of the stammerers shall be made plain" (Isaiah, xxix, 18).
For these persons had not ere this heard words of Scripture, and now heard them only by the act of God, for in his mercy the Lord took pity upon them, even as the Prophet said, "I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious" (Exodus, xxxiii, 19).

God has His way of letting people know of the truth.....

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Did Jesus not say " I Come Not To Judge The World, But to Save It "?

There are many areas that seem to be rather Oxymoron, like the writers couldn't make up their minds whether or not God was playing with us or not. No, Hell Does Not Exist any more than the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I don't trust the words of 'inspired men' ...even really, really old 'inspired men' that told good stories.

"Pulling a Moses on the mount" is the oldest trick in the book (literally).

I still use it. Your kids won't go to sleep on Christmas eve? Go upstairs then run back down...I just talked to SANTA CLAUS!!! He said you better go to sleep or no toys!

10 commandments. Same thing.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Helen670

That was nice and all; but as a Christian can you answer the question presented???

I don't think it was about humans sending other humans to "Hell" .

ONE

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Helen670

That was nice and all; but as a Christian can you answer the question presented???

I don't think it was about humans sending other humans to "Hell" .

ONE

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by Tamahu]

You mean the question of ''Why send me to hell''?
God knows each and everyone one of us......so if there will be that few people that have never, ever heard of God, then I'm sure that God in His right mind knows the mind and soul of that such person when the time comes!

"for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal' (II Cor. l:18).

"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of men, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him" (I Cor. 2:9).

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world, for the world passeth away" (I John 2:15)

helen....

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Okay, now we have your opinion, but none of the scriptures you quoted answer the question.....

Peace

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Who cares? Just live your life like you think you should. Be polite, understanding, and care about those close to you. I'm not religious, due to the fact that all of the religions contradict themselves in some way. I'm not sure if there is a god or an afterlife. Why spend my life in misery worrying about it? I'll find out when I get there, and not a second sooner.

Do you get what I mean.(I lost a GF over this theology, she was far to religious)

new topics

top topics

join