It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannibal Rising.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I heard about this movie coming out a while back but wasn't sure when it would be released. It is the second prequel to The Silence Of The Lambs. The first being Red Dragon. It's about how Hannibal Lectar become the "Cannibal". It is coming out Feb. 9, 2007. It looks like it may be a good movie. I was kind of dissapointed with the movie Hannibal so I hope this one will be better. I thought Red Dragon was pretty good thought.

I just hope they don't kill the series with to many sequals/prequals. So I'm hoping it'll be good.

www.movies.com
Believe it or not, serial killer/cannibal Hanibal Lecter was once a little boy. During WWII, the young maniac (Gaspard Ulliel) evades both the Nazi war machine and the Soviet menace to grow up relatively peacefully in France with an aunt (Lady Murasaki). But after a chance meeting with some former war criminals, Hannibal begins to develop the darker side of his personality — the much, much darker side.

Hannibal Rising - www.imdb.com
The Hannibal Rising Trailer - www.movies.com

-tts
[edit: the spacing]

[edit on 24-1-2007 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Look for thne original Red Dragon movie called Manhunter directed by Michael Mann (who did the original and big screen Miami Vice as well as Heat, Last of the Mohicans, Collateral, etc).

William L. Petersen as Will Graham

Brian Cox as Dr. Hannibal Lecktor

It's a 80's screenplay written from the book Red Dragon. The more recent one is basically a remake. Anyway it's a good movie and worth watching.

us.imdb.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
Look for thne original Red Dragon movie called Manhunter directed by Michael Mann (who did the original and big screen Miami Vice as well as Heat, Last of the Mohicans, Collateral, etc).

I remember hearing about this movie and wanted to see it. I couldn't remember the name of the movie though. I'm gonna have to see if I can find it. Thanks for reminding me of the movie Zed.

-tts

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
So is Red Dragon an almost exact copy of Manhunter?
Does Ed Norton play William. L. Peterson's character?
How do they both compare and the roles of Hannibal (who plays the best Hannibal?)

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
So is Red Dragon an almost exact copy of Manhunter?
Does Ed Norton play William. L. Peterson's character?
How do they both compare and the roles of Hannibal (who plays the best Hannibal?)

It's not exactly the same if I remember. They are both adapted form the same book though.

Yes, Ed Norton plays Will Graham (William Peterson's character)

That's hard to say and subjective. Many people say that Brian Cox was very, very good in the reviews.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The original "Manhunter" is ok. William Petersen is a great actor, IMO, but you cannot beat Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter.

If you haven't read the books, they're far superior to the movies. Even Silence of the Lambs, which was a very good movie. Thomas Harris is one of my favorite authors.

In the books, Hannibal has six fingers on each hand and magenta eyes.

Definitely worth picking up Red Dragon to read.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Manhunter was a great movie. I never saw the Ed Norton remake. Heard it was good.

I read Hannibal Rising while on vacation in December. Harris wrote the screenplay and then adapted that into the book (I think). The book was ok at best. The other books were far better. It was almost as if Harris wanted you to sympathize with Lechter. His suffered horrifically but, as a result, he becomes a friggin cannibal. You don't feel that bad for him. Revenge killing is one thing but systematic revenge killing ending in cannibalsim is going to make it hard to garner sympathy.

I saw the commercial for the movie the other night and the kid who plays lechter is shown making one comment that is clearly meant to be the "I ate his liver..." line of the movie.

Read Red Dragon and Silence for the best of his work, the last book was fun but silly and this prequel is mostly moronic.

top topics

join