It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Americans Shot in the Back of Head After Copter Crashes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

BAGHDAD — Four of the five Americans killed when a U.S. security company's helicopter crashed in a dangerous Sunni neighborhood in central Baghdad were shot execution-style in the back the head, Iraqi and U.S. officials said Wednesday. Read More

More barbaric acts, when will it stop..

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoXiSo

What would you expect them to do, bring them flowers? It's now a guerilla war and those are the tactics. Those security contractors knew the risk.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is a terrible act of barbarism...where is the outcry from Amnesty international or the United Nations condeming THIS! violations of the Geneva convention.....they are so quick to wave a finger at the US or Isreal or UK.
I tell you the world has completly set into a position of black and white...right or wrong...good or evil..etc. its all very sad. I prey everyday I look into my 2 year old daughters eyes and think what this world will be like for her and it scares me every hour...not year and not day's its changing every hour now.
God help us all.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Yes, if true, barbaric. But certainly not any more barbaric than anything we have done in Iraq over the past several years.

I would respectfully advise caution in believing any story that comes out of the middle east in the next few months because most of these stories will be psychologically oriented propaganda designed to inflame the American psyche towards the full acceptance of nuking Iran.

Nobody needs to be nuked for anything at this point. Besides killing a lot of people, the effects of nuclear contamination and closing the Straits of Hormuz, gas will go to $10 a gallon at the pump. Will that be worth whatever perceived ill Iran has caused or is likely to cause in the next few years? (Don't include a deliverable atomic bomb. That allegation is not supported by the facts.)

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

I would respectfully advise caution in believing any story that comes out of the middle east in the next few months because most of these stories will be psychologically oriented propaganda designed to inflame the American psyche towards the full acceptance of nuking Iran.

Too true. Unfortunately.

I get so tired of having my peepee pulled. And I don't even have one!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I wholeheartedly echo the advice offered by johnlear.

Further, execution-style shot to the head is far more humane than the indescribably gross torture and death inflicted by the US on civilian Iraqis.

One needs only refer to the photographed and videoed sodomising of children, rape of Iraqi girls, mothers and grandmothers, etc. by US marines or the deliberate traumatisation of Iraqi civilians via dog-attack, piling naked men into pyramids, leading Iraqis around in dog-collars, beating civilians to death, razing entire towns ------- or the rape of a young girl by reportedly several US marines, after which the girl was murdered and incinerated. And these are PROVEN crimes.

Mossad agents fly around the globe on continual basis, committing abhorent crimes, inflicting bomb-attacks on innocent civilians, creating mass-graves which are attributed to this or that faction, etc., after which it is claimed Al Quaeda or 'terrorists' are responsible. The whore-media works to whip people into a frenzy of fear and outrage. And it seems many are eager to be outraged.

The 'Saddam Hanging' and 'Berg Beheading' are further examples of highly-paid, consciousless goons who are systematically manipulating the Sheepies emotions in order to further their bosses' agendas.

Before anyone shouts 'inhumane', they first need to get themselves to Iraq. Or Palestine. Just get there. Just look around. See for yourself what 'inhumane' really looks and sounds and feels and smells and tastes like.

Not a bad idea actually. We owe it to ourselves and current and future generations to all go there, en masse in hundreds of commercial planes. We deserve to be uncomfortable, to be terrified, to be appalled, to be mentally scarred, to be sickened, to be guilt-ridden ---- and to be witnesses !

Then we might do a heck of a lot more than sit comfortably on our backsides, discussing stuff (such as 'inhumanity') that right now we have NO CLUE about.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
From the original article...

"These untimely deaths are a reminder of the extraordinary circumstances under which our professionals voluntarily serve to bring freedom and democracy to the Iraqi people," the Blackwater statement said.

What a load of crap.

The vast majority of those mercenaries are there for the money - they get paid up to a thousand bucks a day. I haven't seen any evidence that there are Blackwater mercenaries who donate their earnings to Iraqi charities. They go to Iraq, or any number of other countries, and kill people to buy boats and homes and nice jewelry for their wives - it's got absolutely NOTHING to do with freedom and democracy.

Voluntarily serve? They get paid exhorbitant amounts of money, it's not a freakin' charity organization.

The spin on that one is making me dizzy. I'm sure there are a number of otherwise good people in the organization, but I find it VERY hard to believe that there is such a thing as a highly-principled mercenary, it's the quintessential oxymoron.

Shooting some helpless schmuck in the back of the head is barbarism? Sure it is, but so is living the life of a hired gun, so I'd say what goes around comes around.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
have you been to the middle east to see these things ...have you lived it...and these atrocities you speak off that us sodiers committed ..please give a link to these videos or articles so i may read them myself...all i Know is athe next day after 911 i was at ground zero for 6 months and i saw plenty of attrocities in the dust of the trade towers i will never forget. I also dont believe our military is in the buisness of chopping peoples heads off to further thier point. I guess my point is itg is all horrible any way you cut it.I do see a blatant one sidedness to the reporting of these things by the media and amnesty,un,human rights groups.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
there will just be several Iraqi civilians that turn up shot. You dont think these types of things go on without retailiation do you? several Iraqis will die for this and hopefully the ones that did this.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Gizmo ------ have you lived without a tv and computer for the past several years ? Haven't read any newspapers either?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well, if I had the choice I would rather be shot in the back of the head than be taken alive by these people....

Now, saying that, it to me inferes that they were deceased or nearly deceased and of no value to the Iraqi resistance, so they did this act to serve as a psychological warning and propoganda!

RIP to the fallen.

(I see a whole can of cloak and dagger whoop ass being opend on this one though!)

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Do you think it might stop if the US went home ?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So if a foreign force invaded your country to steal your oil; how barbaric would you be?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
there will just be several Iraqi civilians that turn up shot. You dont think these types of things go on without retailiation do you? several Iraqis will die for this and hopefully the ones that did this.

That's the spirit, eye for an eye who cares if they're innocent. Its comments like yours that give birth control merit.

brill

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
all im asking for are the links to the facts that you stated and or the articles in a reliable source...although the media is not what i would call reliable these day's. I feel any death is horrible no matter what country the people are from or race the people are from...we are all in this world together and are all the same...human beings.It is all Barbaric.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
have you been to the middle east to see these things ...have you lived it...and these atrocities you speak off that us sodiers committed ..please give a link to these videos or articles so i may read them myself...all i Know is athe next day after 911 i was at ground zero for 6 months and i saw plenty of attrocities in the dust of the trade towers i will never forget. I also dont believe our military is in the buisness of chopping peoples heads off to further thier point. I guess my point is itg is all horrible any way you cut it.I do see a blatant one sidedness to the reporting of these things by the media and amnesty,un,human rights groups.

What does Iraq have to do with 9-11? The majority of those guys on the planes were Saudi? Not that , that should even matter but you are acting like Iraq had something to do with all this mess. If you are a soldier in Iraq , then you shouldn't need articles or videos of the attrocities that were committed over there. Im sure you are well aware of the court cases that are going on now and that have taken place in the past few months regarding, rape, torture and murders.

To the thread:
I thought that Mercenaries were illegal in the USA how does Blackwater get away with having a private army?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

So if a foreign force invaded your country to steal your oil; how barbaric would you be?

Prove that someone is stealing the oil...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Well I wouldn't line them up and shoot them in the back of the head, that seems quite cowardly to me. If you so want to kill someone, look at them and let them look at you.

You never know, they might see that both sides are actually human then.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
After seeing the footage of these men AFTER the helicopter crash, these men were dead on impact.

The angles of the necks on two of them are extreme and show no spinal colum integrity.

The fact that this is even out is sure signs of the resisitance using these bodies soley for propaganda purposes.

(Oh and for what its worth, the wreakadge of the helicopter is such that i would say no one got out alive, which is a small mercy for them all)

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Maybe it is just me, but I believe that all human beings need to survive to be more honorable and virtuous and killing people is not the way. I don’t care who is doing the killing or why the killing is being done. There is no justification - it is not the way. If you kill for revenge then you are a slave. You have let the actions of others control your actions. You are a slave and you have let evil win another battle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join