It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shoots electricity out from his hand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Is this Real???

I'm a scientist so I would say it's a fake... but how was it done??

Any Explanations?

All the best,

NeoN HAZe.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It certainly looks real, maybe he can really conduct electricity through his body, how he found out he can do is beyond me but it looks real to me.

There are just some people that can do extraordinary things...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think it probably is real. I've seen a visible spark come off my hand to a metal object (like a doorknob) just from the static electrical charge obtained by walking on carpet with the right shoes and environment numerous times. The electrodes on a TV could surely give you a static charge higher than that.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It is real,and it's not magic either. The man is not shooting electricity,just conducting it.
The guy is insulated from true ground ( if you look at the beginning of the video,you'll see that he is sittting on some kind of insulating material).
He is not touching true gound at any time,thus,he is not in danger.
Now granted,that takes courage,but some people have higher body electrical resitance than others. At no time on that video is he touching any real,true ground.If he did,he would be dead ( that high voltage probe from the back of that tube i think it puts out a few thousands volts,if memory serves right). Cool stuff,but totaly possible and explainable.

djohnsto77 : The stuff you see emanating from your fingers when you touch the knob, is because you are like a capacitor when you walk on a carpet...you charge yourself with static.Once you touch the knob ( true ground)..zap...the electricity passes through you onto the knob.

My father used to entertain me with this kind of stuff when i was a kid

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Actually, to me it seems that he is using a gimmick similar to this:

www.yigalmesika.com...

// k

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It's gimmick because the guy wants $ 200 for nothing

But it's not a gimmick in itself.Walk on carpet on a dry winter day,see what happens with confetti and other things.Should i throw in the Van de Graaf Machine too ?

We have water in our bodies.We are like capacitors,we can contain static electricity,and we do contain it.When we touch ground,the electricity built up within us,takes the shortest path to the ground ( that's what the electricity always wants to do),and we feel the passing of it through our finger ( if that is the extremity which touched the ground).
The smaller the area is ( like the end of a finger) the more we are going to feel that shock.Try to discharge yourself touching your whole arm or any other bigger side of your body,you won't feel it anymore.
As for that web site,that "beautiful" and "magical" invention is nothing else than something that generates a little bit of high voltage.Low amperage,so it does not kill you,but high voltage.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I cannot see the video, I am at work. But I will guess That the guy is standing on an insulator of some sort and has a Tesla coil near by. As long as the CURRENT does not flow through your body your are relatively safe. The high voltage is also probably high frequency . High frequency usually stays on the outside of your skin and "walks around". It will discharge into the air as an arc, but the current does not go through the body. The body offers higher resistance that the air around you, thats one reason the current does not go through you. No step off of the insulator and have a direct path to ground and that is a different story.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just a human conducting electricity I did this in science at school when I was about 12. Nothing special we used one of those balls with the belt creating a charge placed one hand on the ball while standing on a sheet of foamy stuff and touch someone. Its hurts a little depending on the charge.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The guy was definitely standing on an insulator. I think he probably had something very similar to a tesla coil, quite possibly in the television you see him remove the cover from. (that TV and a tesla coil both have powerful transformers) Another clue that a tesla coil was used is the 'fluorescent light' trick; that is one that is frequently demonstrated by tesla coil enthusiasts. I haven't ever seen the trick where you use the finger to light matches/paper/cigarette on fire, but the idea previously mentioned about high frequency and skin effect would make sense here. High frequencies are produced by tesla coils, and high frequency currents tend to flow on the outside of a conductor (skin effect) and so would avoid the man's heart and other vital organs.

The only thing that's magic here is the courage he has to do this, when one screwup would quite possibly be his last... well, you get the idea :p Were he to step off his insulating mat, death would be a very real possibility, at those voltages and currents.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There are a lot of static machines:

www.coe.ufrj.br...

However you won't see any of Tesla due to FBI restrictions.

Tesla had aura outlining his body.

A D Moore has books on making static machines.

These are all mechanical, Tesla had all electrical static machines.

Why are Tesla's static machines banned from society?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I've never heard of any kind of ban on these, but I live in Canada. As far as I know, anyone can use or own one here. I've played with them myself a little in the past, but I haven't ever owned one.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The video has been removed due to a Terms of Use violation

Shame, I wanted to see it.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The Tesla static demonstration have never been duplicated due to
FCC banning of the spark gap.
Unless there is a means to generate the AC high voltages without one.

Other wise we would see giant coils sending electricity through the air.
Also Mark Twain isn't around to hold loop for the lamp.
Or cold bright flames to be passed around.
Perhaps even a levitation that static electricity can perform.

Actually static electricity is charge at rest which is not electrostatic
alternating through the air.

Well its not electricity either as its more like radio I suppose.

top topics

join