It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans arrogant about their toys? Would you buy American?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza

Peh!, the T-80U can easely beat the t90

T-80s = Better armor.

T-90s = More agile, smaller target.

They can both take each other out..

Really..

(note to self: This is not best tank topic..)

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
T-80s = Better armor.

T-90s = More agile, smaller target.

(note to self: This is not best tank topic..)

we will make it become one!!!

anyway i still think Russia has the best deals on their weapons...

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
[
we will make it become one!!!

anyway i still think Russia has the best deals on their weapons...

Well Russian, a quick glance at Jane's will tell me what I already know.

you're right. More countries own Russian made ordinance.

"Thank You for Shopping SOV-Mart!"

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
# id buy a crate of AKs from russia for sure cant beat the buy two get one free price. I would buy smgs and the like from Finland, Optics and all the extra goodies from America and who needs tanks and airplanes..... Its only me in my country

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodBlessAmerica
Just remember that the US is the leading manufacterer of exotic metals. Stronger and Lighter materials are beign used in our newer military units.

Like AlBeMet

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i read some of the earlier posts and couldnt believe what i was reading!!!

BUY EUROFIGHTER? i dont think so!! good engines, good composite technology, but they've had a full scale mock up of the design for nearly 30 years! and its STILL not in service yet!!!

and someone said buy Russian Helicopters! i wouldnt step foot an ANY russian aircraft! im an Aircraft engineer, and as far as im concerned they are accidents waiting to happen! some of their fixed wing aircraft are ok, and you cant deny the capability of their ejection seats, but their helicopters just plain Suck!

can anyone asnwer me this, why does all russian hardware look rickety?

as for the F-16, i guess 60 something kills without loss to an enemy aircraft in combat speaks for its self!

note to the americans, can i please buy one of your F-14's, they are definatelt the best most beautiful and majestic combat aircraft ever built, and their retiring them!! shame on the Yanks!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Imagin the f22? Better then it???

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
LoL some aircraft engineer you are...

The KA-52 is still the best combat helicopter in the world, it even says so in the guiness books. Best reliability, best weapons, etc. etc.

Maybe u just wouldnt buy Russian cuz ur an arrogant american pig?? hehe

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There are a few things I would consider first before I "cherry pick" items for my millitary:

1) Support. Can I get technical support and repair parts for the purchased weapons/equipment?
2) Logistics. If i need any of the above support, how soon can I get it and how good is it?
3) Training. This is probably the MOST IMPORTANT aspect. You can have the most advances piece of hardware on the market, but if you can't use it, it's useless.

Based on the above crieteria, I would probably buy all my arms from one country, but I would have to do more research to decide on which one by determining the best overall country. Right now, it probably would be either US or CIS equipment.

I can tell you this though, the country with the best training programs will probably win. I base this on personal experience having participated in various exercises with NATO countries while I was in the US Navy. In one particular exercise with two other countries (UK and AUS), my ship was the oldest by 10 years and had the most antiquated equipment. In all apsects, we dominated and I attribute that to training. Just something to think about when you want to add a little realism to these questions.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Russian suitcase bombs. All I can get and for the rest I am gonna buy myself a nice island.

Suitcase bombs then gonna be placed in all big cities of my enemy and coming enemies. If somebody thinks he can piss me off he will get a blow

Fulcrum: I am gonna get you as my 4-star general if I need further assistance. Nice collection

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
First of all, to papz, the Knob!

i am neither arrogant, a pig or american.

secondly, the KA-52 is one helicopter i would steer especially clear of! thos contra rotating co-ax main rotors have an all to frequent habbit of smacking into each other. so i'll definately pass on that one thanks. your weaponry is crap, you build quality is a joke! no thanks, i'll buy something else. the one time i'll ever say buy french, but buy Eurocopter.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeaBass
There are a few things I would consider first before I "cherry pick" items for my millitary:

1) Support. Can I get technical support and repair parts for the purchased weapons/equipment?
2) Logistics. If i need any of the above support, how soon can I get it and how good is it?
3) Training. This is probably the MOST IMPORTANT aspect. You can have the most advances piece of hardware on the market, but if you can't use it, it's useless.

Based on the above crieteria, I would probably buy all my arms from one country, but I would have to do more research to decide on which one by determining the best overall country. Right now, it probably would be either US or CIS equipment.

I can tell you this though, the country with the best training programs will probably win. I base this on personal experience having participated in various exercises with NATO countries while I was in the US Navy. In one particular exercise with two other countries (UK and AUS), my ship was the oldest by 10 years and had the most antiquated equipment. In all apsects, we dominated and I attribute that to training. Just something to think about when you want to add a little realism to these questions.

Oh SeaBass (Chilean or North Atlantic? both are delicious! )

The questions was less about realism and more about elicting responses. You are of course right in your assertations.

Skill and knowledge almost always trump technology within relative terms.

Much of this list has little to do with reality and more to do with opinion. It is entertaining nonetheless.

cheers,
hrxll

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo
Russian suitcase bombs. All I can get and for the rest I am gonna buy myself a nice island.

heard is the NEXT growing up TERRORIST!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join