It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33rd Degree Masons

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
Great, now I'm just waiting for some conspiracy-theorist to say, "A-ha! The Knights of Columbus have one central authority!". Maybe that makes the KCs the real behind-the-scenes power?

LOL! Yes, that's actually been joked about on this forum but thus far none of the conspiracy web-sites have picked up on it. They're too busy calling His Holiness the Pope the Anti-Christ and making accusations against the Vatican. I'm sure if you'd send an annymous e-mail to one of them claiming to be a 9th Degree Knight of Columbus you could stir SOMETHING up.

Okay, if various jurisdictions do things differently, how then did you get your 4+ degrees conferred?Personally, I think I'd rather not have condensed, abridged, summarized, or abbreviated degree ceremonies, even if it took me years to get to the 32nd Degree, but that's just me...

I wholeheartedly concur. Unfortunately for me when I took the degrees years ago I was so busy with my work schedule that I had to take a two-day "reunion" I received the five obligatory degrees (4, 14, 18, 30 and 32) and several of the intermediate ones ... can't recall which ones now, except I do remember the 10th Degree. However unlike a lot of Scottish Rite Masons who take the degrees and never come back to a meeting, satisfied in saying "Hey, I'm a 32nd Degree Mason!" I started participating in the work of my Valley and have either participated in or witnessed all of the degrees (4th - 33rd) Because I'm on the "degree team" as we call it, I also have a set of the rituals which I enjoy reading from time to time to refresh my memory.

There are some Valleys (Guthrie Oklahoma comes to mind)

guthriescottishrite.org...

Which regularly confers ALL 29 of the Degrees over a 4 day period (two concurrent weekends)

BTW, Zhenyghi I just sent you a U2U

[edit for grammar...hopefully]

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Appak]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
is Masonry expierencing a decline in membership? specificlly new members being admitted?

also

does the org. have a high retention rate, are older members keeping up with the lodge, has it risen? fallen?

i realize you may not speak for all masons, so i'm just looking for your personal observations on these questions?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewart Lewis
is Masonry expierencing a decline in membership? specificlly new members being admitted?

also

does the org. have a high retention rate, are older members keeping up with the lodge, has it risen? fallen?

i realize you may not speak for all masons, so i'm just looking for your personal observations on these questions?

In the United States, a membership decline has indeed occured over the past 40 years. It is, however, not due to a lack of new members being admitted, as these numbers have held steady. The main problem seems to be retention.

The fast food generation doesn't see much in Masonry to hold their attention. However, as the fast food generation is quickly being replaced by a new spiritual and insightful generation, that is likely to change (and actually is changing as we speak).

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

also

The decline is contributed to the older members passing away at a higher rate that new members go through the process and become brothers. You have to remember that after WWII there was a HUGH influx of members at a rate never seen before. These brothers are getting old or have already passed.

Some lodges have more members than others. My lodge for example has 10 men becomming brothers as we speak other lodges may have 1 or 2 this year or some none at all.

To the horor of the ATS anti's there is a new renewal of guys who want to become Masons and we are growing again.

The rention rate again will depend on many factors (age,location,distance from lodge)

adc

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Once a Freemason gets to the 33rd degree, they are told that they are a superior human being and told to call the people the Laatin for cattle. Anyone above 33rd degree is almost certainly aristocratic.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
as stated before, i am not a member. However i find my studies repeatedly coinciding with that of masonry.

my primary labor is that of a painter. in my pictures i often incorporate symbols or subject matter that only initiates to the mysteries would identify. my question is...

Do members take observance of such showings, and how does this effect your view of the secrecy involving some of this knowledge. In other words, do you feel that the use of said knowledge by the uninitiated helps or hinders the aim of the lodges? does it help or hinder your goals?

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by adc
Once a Freemason gets to the 33rd degree, they are told that they are a superior human being and told to call the people the Laatin for cattle. Anyone above 33rd degree is almost certainly aristocratic.

This is really very interesting, as I was not aware of any degrees above the 33rd. Would you be willing to answer some questions for me?

1. Are you talking about the Scottish Rite or another rite in freemasonry?

2. Do you know of anyone who has these higher degrees, and if so, what degree they are?

3. Do you know what any of the degrees are called?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by adc

And your source for this knowledge comes from....??????

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by adc
Once a Freemason gets to the 33rd degree, they are told that they are a superior human being and told to call the people the Laatin for cattle.

Let's see...you received the 33rd Degree WHEN?

There's only one way to respond to this. Horse hockey!

We are NOT told that (or anything LIKE THAT) in the 33rd Degree! What you've posted is a plain and simple lie. Nothing less.

I've stated earlier that the 33rd Degree is a very beautiful and impressive ceremony. It's similar in nature (of course) to all the other Masonic Degrees...which is what MAKES it a Masonic Degree. It's simply the highest degree of the Scottish Rite (Note that I did NOT say the highest degree of Masonry because it isn't)

There's nothing like an "expert" who's never even EXPERIENCED the degree.

Anyone above 33rd degree is almost certainly aristocratic.

Anyone above the 33rd Degree is almost certainly non-existent. The 33rd Degree of the Scottish Rite is appropriately titled "The Thirth-Third and Last Degree of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry" There IS NO degree of the Scottish Rite beyond the 33rd. Anyone claiming otherwise is lying.

The Rite of Memphis (discussed on another thread) claims to confer 96 (and sometimes 99) Degrees but is NOT a recognized Masonic Body.

Where does this crap come from and why do people buy into it?

[edit quotes]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

as stated before, i am not a member. However i find my studies repeatedly coinciding with that of masonry.

my primary labor is that of a painter. in my pictures i often incorporate symbols or subject matter that only initiates to the mysteries would identify. my question is...

Do members take observance of such showings, and how does this effect your view of the secrecy involving some of this knowledge. In other words, do you feel that the use of said knowledge by the uninitiated helps or hinders the aim of the lodges? does it help or hinder your goals?

I would say that the study of symbolism is always a good thing. The purpose of the Lodge, in my opinion, was originally to reveal such knowledge to individuals; secrecy was necessary because any types of learning outside of the orthodox were deemed heretical.

Today, no one can burn us at the stake anymore for disagreeing with the status quo, and such knowledge is available to anyone who seeks. The Lodge system is preserved from tradition, and because it is enjoyable as well as educational. However, we do not claim to have a monopoly on truth or symbolism.

adc

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

Originally posted by adc
Once a Freemason gets to the 33rd degree, they are told that they are a superior human being and told to call the people the Laatin for cattle.

We are NOT told that (or anything LIKE THAT) in the 33rd Degree! What you've posted is a plain and simple lie. Nothing less.

I've stated earlier that the 33rd Degree is a very beautiful and impressive ceremony. It's similar in nature (of course) to all the other Masonic Degrees...which is what MAKES it a Masonic Degree. It's simply the highest degree of the Scottish Rite (Note that I did NOT say the highest degree of Masonry because it isn't)

Anyone above the 33rd Degree is almost certainly non-existent. The 33rd Degree of the Scottish Rite is appropriately titled "The Thirth-Third and Last Degree of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry" There IS NO degree of the Scottish Rite beyond the 33rd. Anyone claiming otherwise is lying.

The Rite of Memphis (discussed on another thread) claims to confer 96 (and sometimes 99) Degrees but is NOT a recognized Masonic Body.

[edit quotes]

Be careful Appak, despite being trained to be a professional lier, with all this truth telling you might slip through the net and end up being assasinated or have an allegation thrown your way...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by adc

Originally posted by Appak

Originally posted by adc

[edit quotes]

Be careful Appak, despite being trained to be a professional lier, with all this truth telling you might slip through the net and end up being assasinated or have an allegation thrown your way...

ADC- Are you making a threat here?

Not sure what that comment meant can you explain what you mean please.

adc

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Give me an ASBO for being sarcastic...

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by adc
Give me an ASBO for being sarcastic...

Instead of that, why don't you post some truth here and refrain from calling ME a liar.

Stop posting silly nonsense like what 33rd's are told when they're initiated when you've likely never even MET a 33rd Degree Scottish Rite Mason.

Deny ignorance don't perpetuate it.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I believe 33rd degree is nothing. The controllers above them laugh at their insignificance.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldBoy
I believe 33rd degree is nothing. The controllers above them laugh at their insignificance.

[YAWN]

Umm-hmm. I see.

And you've met these so-called "controllers" WHEN? WHERE?

Yep.

That's what I thought.

Next, please.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman

Originally posted by adc

This is really very interesting, as I was not aware of any degrees above the 33rd. Would you be willing to answer some questions for me?

1. Are you talking about the Scottish Rite or another rite in freemasonry?

2. Do you know of anyone who has these higher degrees, and if so, what degree they are?

3. Do you know what any of the degrees are called?

Thanks.

Do I deduce from your ignoring of the above perfectly reasonable questions that you don't know the answer to any of them? Or are you just taking some time doing some research on the subject? Either way I'd be grateful for an acknowledgement (assuming you aren't ignoring me)

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Okay, another question.

Can anybody in effect become a 33rd Degree Mason, or is it reserved for the super-rich captains of industry?

My 32nd Degree uncle once loaned me some Masonic publication, and it had bios or other articles about select 33rd Degree Masons. All were well-known person, but oddly enough I can only recall one -- the late Dave Thomas of Wendy's. That's what got me to wonder if the 33rd was reserved for a certain "class" of men.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
No, not for the super rich..

Anyone who is "outstanding" can become a 33rd.. most likely being someone that does alot of charitable work being a worshipful master, turns around a lodge and puts alot of hard work into the craft.. I think donating money helps the odds, but I don't see it in anyway being reserved for the rich.

They actually have a program to return 33rd degree rings for those who cannot afford one

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the bump. Has anyone seen adc recently? I think he must have missed my questions above. Hopefully he'll come back and give us some more info.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join