It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Hillary Clinton Be The Next U.S. President?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
America is fed up with Iraq and that is going to be the min issue for 2008, the economy is nothing than illusion right now because bush keeps telling t hat is Strong.

While corporations keeps making record profits and shareholders keep making profits nobody is looking at the major problems facing America, like everything is noting but an illusion.

If the Republican do not come with something new about Iraq, they have not chance in hell to win 2008. . .

See no all Americans are CEOs or stock holders of major corporations, the wealth has no spread to them either.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Marg,
A lot of what you say is defently right. But as this thred was stating from the begining, the next president may already be chosen because those who control the money have already decided. Those who have the money will buy Clinton for the big contracts of favors or what ever else they want. And as I am sure you have heard there is no shortage of money in Clintons coffers.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Marg,
And as I am sure you have heard there is no shortage of money in Clintons coffers.

Occurs is money to be made in politics, but as everything in this nation people think that they still make a difference.

But how can that be when we only have two elite parties in power that control any chances of third parties?

Is all about money and money rules America's politics.

ape

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
Having said that, I hope for the future. After they spend some time in the wilderness to re-learn what it means to be proponents of small government, we might see a resurgent GOP that could come to the rescue during the very dark and troubled times that I have predicted. If somehow the Libs manage to prove me wrong, I'll be happy to eat my words...but I have my doubts.

In as much as I agree with your assessment of the taxation situation, I hold no hope at all that the American people will be 'educated' in this election cycle. There's too much bad blood stemming from malfesance connected to the Iraq war. the Republicans, no mater how repentent, are going to suffer for the mistakes of their President who is not in the least bit repentent over what he has done.

I agree the future will be interesting, hopefully as a hard working americans I dont get screwed over by the left or the right or the center.

marge do you have any idea how businesses have to comply with a complex federal tax code? most business decisions made in this country are made based on tax implications of those decisions, they should be focusing that energy on how the better employees and shareholders. now I wont deny that it's insane the packages CEO's get but keep in mind they are the brains behind the operation, they provide goods or services to millions of americans and employ them aswell. I dont think you fully understand our situation marge. also by record profits you seem to think every corporation in this country is making record profits and thats odd..the only people I hear making record profits is big oil. would you like to take those profits only to have higher consumer prices marge? where did you learn your economics marge?

[edit on 4-2-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 4-2-2007 by ape]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
No way for me to vote Hillary Clinton agendas, (nor anyone elses at this stage). I still think at best I am better off to move into the remote mountains, grow my own veggies, buy a horse, and exercise my right to declare myself a free and independant nation. LOL 'It's only a dream'

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ape
where did you learn your economics marge?

I imagine Ape that wherever I got my college education fail in comparison with yours.

Because obviously yours surpass anything I learned or have live through. . . so is not comaprison.

You should run for president.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Q: Will Hillary Clinton be the next US President?

A: Not as long as she takes voice lessons from the guy at Freecreditreport.com. Seriously, with that voice she always seems to be talking down to people.

I'm with the ABH(Anyone But Hillary) Party.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hey, folks. Let's keep it civil. The Republicans are in trouble and you will find no shortage of threads on ATS to make that point.

The political forces that coalesce to make a President are vast and they run deep. Because we're all so smart, we know what's coming. The next question we should be asking ourselves is how we deal with it. the GOP will be out of favor for the next 8-12 years, if it comes back at all.

The answer seems to be 'yes,' Hillary will be President. for those who like it, I ask "why?" For those who don't like it, I ask "what will you do?" I make my case forwhat should come next in my own way. I can be wrong just as much as anyone else, but since I'm here with all you bright people, that seems unlikely.

In what ways can Hillary actually be good for us?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Juston,
No I don't like it. And as to what I will do, aside from donating to other political parties not much else. That is how it works in a free country. You support what ever political party you want but respect who ever is in office.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I'd like to see more grass roots agitation. I'd like to see more people who are not in politics talking about wha the people in politics should be doing. Each time I go out in public, as a public figure, I end up talking with peole who expect me and me alone to carry their concerns to the powers that be. I'm told from other people who venture in to the arena of discussion that they get the same treatment.

We should want to hear more from the people around us who can defend their arguments. We should rely so much on the few who take the extra steps beyond. In my experience, the average person isn't as stupid as the media and the politicians would have us beleive. I find a great deal of wisdom in the workin' person and I'd like to see more of it spread around.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Jasen,
you said people expect you to carry through on there complaints and such, are you a politischen, or in politics or something?

I really liked what you said about the working people have a lot of wisdom. I agree with you. As to taking concerns to the officials, I have called my representatives on several occasions. I dint know what that did if anything at all but I have voiced my concerns that way.
I am not one who plans to organise million man marches or big protests or anything like that. But I am not exactly all that happy with the representatives that we have either.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Before she died, my dear sainted mother asked me to use my dark apocalyptic powers for the greater good. So, the answer is no. I am not a politician. Check the ATS tinwiki, and you'll see who I might be. If you dare to know more, use your favorite search engine.

Americans have the expectation that the people they elect will look out for them. Old-school political wisdom says that when 10,000 people from your State write to you about an issue...you'd better pay attention. Why? Because anyone who is willing to invest the time to write a letter and mail it will also remember what you did NOT do when they go to vote.

Here's a little insider info. Some grass roots groups go out of their way to print up form leters or post casrds that they hand out in large numbers. I've been in a Seantor's office when fifty thousand of those things come in. Ya know what? Somebody estimates how many there are, and they get put in storage or thrown away. On the other hand, when 10,000 people write in about something and it's obvious that they used their own pen, paper, or word processor...things happen.

The same is true with phone calls. When you call in about an issue, the receptionist sits there with a computer program that tracks the total number of calls that came in on a given subject. They push a button, and you become a statistic. Why? Because they don't have to return your phone call.

Now, here's the thing that most people don't know about. When you write a letter, and request that they get back to you...tradition says that they have to. For the most part, they will. That's because they know that if you had the patience to write them a latter, and ask for a response...you'll remember what they did NOT do when it's time to vote. It's not unusual for some people in Congress to have a dozen people on staff who answer your letters.

Not impressed? Here's how it works. You write to a Senator. You tell them what your problem is. Or, you tell them about whatever issue is on your mind. You ask for a response. They've got people on staff who will write letters to establish a paper trail that proves they solved your problem or answered your concerns. The response you get in the mail is meant to prove that htey are solvinng your problem (if they can) or that they answered your concerns.

The staffers do write as if they are the Senator...but...every single letter that leaves the office is fact-checked and vetted for apropriate-ness by senior people. Most of the time, that sig that you see is done with an autopen. Even so, The fact of the matter is that they pay very close atention to how many peole write in about certain problems or issues.

If just one percent of the people in any State wrote in to their Congressional delegation about an issue or problem, the people they sent to Washington would feel like they'd been yelled at. They'd also be busy for weeks getting responses out.

Now, there is obviously more to this, but I can't reveal everything.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Justin,
That is some good info. And some good insight.
I have taken the time to call and write my representatives, but have not taken the time to try to organize ten thousand others to do the same. Maby a political web site or something might have some way to post and get people to write or call there representatives.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
You CAN organize a letter writing campaign of sorts. If you had a stack of blank paper and a stack of envelopes and stamps, you could get a group of peole to write letters on the spot in their own hand. You'd be surprised how often this works. As long as it's free, a lot of people are willing to take ten minutes to write a letter that's going to be mailed for them.

As long as they address the envelope AND write the letter without any pressure from you, it's legal. Make sure they include the date when the sign at the end. You can advise them on what to say, such as the point about asking for a response. But, you can't do it for them. It's true that staffers are going to notice that a lot of hand-written letters are coming in on the same or similar subjects...but...they won't be form letters so...they can't be ignored.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Man, there was a time (ashamedly I admit) that I did not think the oval office was the place for a woman. I just didn't want a woman running things-especially our country.

I have more respect for a woman's capablities now, and I would have no problem with an intelligent, capable woman as President, but surely not the evil Hillary... I may pray for assination if Hillary is elected.

(Just kidding of course, I would never pray specifically for violence or death of someone)

She is jusst surely the Anti-Christ's better half, and I am not talking about Bill. The woman is evil personified. Everyone thinks the death of Ron Brown and all the other's may had had something to do with Bill? ....ha! Something? Perhaps... but I'd say it had everything to do with Hillary. She killed off her own lover too.

cwazy

and FTR, my feelings about women in politics and the military etc, were not sexist because I'm a man-there were sexism to a degree in my thinking, I admit...but I am a woman.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Politics, like the law, should be blind. Race, cred, color, gender, and religion should all not matter when it comes to serviing the greater good. It's been said that politics is an amoral profession, and I do think that's true. There are some things that have to be done for the good of the nation. They can be done by a man or a woman.

I myself do disagree strongly with the choice of Hillary ,and I'm on record in some very public ways about that opinion. I think there are issues of character that we should address as asociety. by all accounts, Jeffery Dahmer was quite nice to many of the people he ate. We don't ask our leaders to be peole of character any more.

Even when we ask our leaders to be better than we are, we don't always get our wish. Even so, we should ask. Good character means saying 'no' to the intern when nobody's around. Good character also means that when you tell the enemies of America to be afraid...they will be. We've spent a long time tolerate less than sterling character, and it shows. Nobody is perfect, but we do get what we are willing to put up with.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Was the alleged brew-up between the Clinton and Obama camps really anything to be taken seriously, or was it just 'theater' that nobody should take seriously?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Juston,
I can't say I truly know what the motive was for that exchange. But I can say one thing, weather it was intended to be theater or not, one rule in advertising is the only bad press is no press. So no matter what it was intended to be both sides will ride it to the end.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
OK, Justin. I’ve watched you work this board with your Political Science Degree. I hope you’ll pardon me for having less experience with politics than you have, since my major was Computer Science. I don’t agree with you, to be blunt. Although I do enjoy reading the posts of someone who is obviously educated and intelligent. I am a 47 year old father of five and a grandfather of three. I work in robotics and automation as it relates to manufacturing. I have personally witnessed the gutting of good paying, middle class jobs since, not NAFTA, but CAFTA. I watched the hands of Insurance companies and big business be greatly strengthened against the common working man and laborer since the Newt gang‘s, so called, “one term”. The rich have gotten richer and the poor have gotten poorer. I’ve watched co-workers who made good wages and paid plenty of taxes be replaced by “temporaries” who made half the pay and had no healthcare, all in an effort to compete with China’s thirty-seven cent and hour pay wages. And, even though China does illegally adjust their exchange rates, Mr. Free Trader still believes and still doesn’t care about the American middle class or the working poor of this country. If someone would say, “Hillary speaks coldly or as one looking down at people”, I wonder what their thoughts were when Bush’s mother said of the victims of Katrina, “those people have never had anything anyway, they’ll be better off in the long run”? I wonder if the Americans who were clogging up the drain pumps with their dead bodies will be better off? So, is a vote for Hillary just a rejection of an out-of-touch idiot from Texas? Not in the least! It’s a vote against an unholy alliance of those who want a Theocracy coupled with those who want a Plutocracy. It’s a vote in favor of those who would have a Democratic Republic exist in this country where everyone has an equal right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. A place where a president is everyone’s president, not just those of a very narrow fifty-one percent. It comes down to equal representation and the fact that Americans are made up of all races and religions or non-religious and no one group of Americans should have the right to subjugate other Americans when every taxpaying citizen of this country is protected by the same rights and freedoms that are afforded under our Constitution and Bill of Rights! A Democratic vote is a denunciation of the mob bosses who used the pretext of a war to “patriot” away our rights and freedoms and it’s against the ones who waited for their Pearl Harbor event to set their plan in action. It’s a vote to show the American public that a building can not fall at free-fall rate unless the bottom floors are being blown out before it as it is with all controlled demolitions. It’s a vote to show the American public voting machines that started out with minus forty thousand votes against Kerry and districts that had more Republican votes than they had people in that district. It’s about fraud, lies, deception and hypocrisy from, so-called, “religious” people. It’s about the thousands and thousands who have now died to ensure oil and oil companies remain the chief recipient of all our energy dollars. In Short, how many times have we been told to vote for a change, only to get more of the same? We’re headed for destruction. If it takes the different thinking of a woman’s brain to change direction, then I’m ready for it.

Brent

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Gore's film won two Oscars and he dislikes both Clintons, so the vote is in from the Left coast. Hillary is out of favor with Hollywierd, so if she can even win the DNC nomination it will be a surprise to me.

Looks like Obama takes the lead today...

[edit on 26-2-2007 by Regenmacher]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join