It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Hillary Clinton Be The Next U.S. President?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I will laugh at this one.:Lil:

Guess what people . . . in an interview in CNN with Vice president Cheney, he was asked if Hillary had the chance to win the elections.

And I which you have seen his face when he said, not a chance.

So now we know that she will not make it because we all know that Cheney is part of the NWO and the powers behind the politics in American.

Hillary will not win because Cheney said so.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I dont think she will win, in fact I dont think she and obama make it out of the first few primaries. Sadly, the US is just not ready for this. I think at the end of the day either Edwards, Gore, or Biden will be the ticket. Of course its only if Gore runs again

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

Originally posted by jsobecky

The difficulties she will encounter in the next two years depends in large part on how the newly elected Democratic congress performs. And right now, they are off to a less-than-stellar start.

Jsbecky,
Thanks for bringing up that point. How congress preforms is something I had not considered at this point. I unfortunately feel that she may be the shoe in as you put it. But the reasons why more because the people who control the money already made the choice.

You're absolutely right about the money part - she's got a ton already raised. But I heard a poll this morning that she was running in 4th place in Iowa behind Obama, Edwards, and Vilsack. Of course, polls mean nothing at this point - remember who was the leader last time? Howard Dean.

One other thing regarding money: George Soros has thrown his support behind Obama, which could be a big blow to Hillary in the months to come.

And she has one potentially very powerful asset that the others will never have - her husband. I'd wager that he is worth at least a few percentage points.

Kerry has dropped out, so that's another distraction gone. And Gore won't run, imo.

But she has her liberal background to overcome. This country is still very much grounded in conservative values, regardless of the last election. That was a referendum on Iraq, not much more. This same conservatism will also hurt Obama, who is in favor of partial birth abortions. People aren't ready for that one.

She may have a lot of the female vote, but not all of it.

And don't forget the difficulty that a Senator has getting elected to president. The last time that happened was in 1960, JFK. That's because their voting records always come back to haunt them. Ironically, this may work to Obama's advantage since he hasn't been around long enough to do too much damage.

Corporations do not want Hillary. She would cost them too much in taxes to pay for her entitlement programs, like socialized medicine. I don't think the military would be too thrilled with her at the helm, either.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
She will never be president. She turns to many people off. I do remember a poll that said 25% of the people would never vote for her.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
The Republicans are so fractured at this point that they'll be lucky to have a candidate in the field, much less one capable of winning.

I think you are right with this statement. As to the reasons why clinton will pull this off can still be open to debate. But being fractured it does seem the republicans are.

Remember, though, that's what the Republicans said about the democrats in 2004. And Kerry almost came back and won.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinstopshere
She will never be president. She turns to many people off. I do remember a poll that said 25% of the people would never vote for her.

So that leaves 75% that might. More than enough to win the nomination and the Whitehouse.

I might add; she has the money to run a first class campaign and we all know it ultimately boils down to MONEY. She's a Corperate whore too.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It's not the votes that count but who counts the votes

I wouldn't be surprised if she makes it all the way to the top. Keep the corporate and Israeli lobbyists happy and it'll be a done deal

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
In as much as I don't care for her politics and I don't want to see her as the next President, I do think that's what we're going to get. The GOP remains in disarray. Her competition is not fully engaged in the race, and the fact is that she wants it more than they do.

Her camp is doing a lot of stealthy fund raising just now, and the estimates range as high as forty million dollars in her back pocket just now. Don't mistake slow for weak in this case. Every step she takes is carefully planned in advance by a cadre of fixers and handlers.

The anti-Republican backlash we saw in '06 will continue in '08. Even if somebody as slick as Newt Gingrich should step in to run for the GOP nod, he won't be able to overcome the Bush stigma. It's worth noting that the Republicans may not mount a serious Presidential effort until some time in mid-to-late March.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Corporations do not want Hillary. She would cost them too much in taxes to pay for her entitlement programs, like socialized medicine. I don't think the military would be too thrilled with her at the helm, either.

You are so right Js that is not funny, Corporate America wants another Bush in the White House because is good for business.

Hillary is not.:Lil:

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The anti-Republican backlash we saw in '06 will continue in '08. Even if somebody as slick as Newt Gingrich should step in to run for the GOP nod, he won't be able to overcome the Bush stigma. It's worth noting that the Republicans may not mount a serious Presidential effort until some time in mid-to-late March.

I just hope that if Newt Gingrich is winning the primaries, I could take ANYONE from the democrat party. Newt Gingrich is the worst human, maybe worst than Bush, that could be elected president of the US. He's a nazi, just look at his speeches.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The question has been poised, is America ready to elect a woman as there president? Clinton is not the first to try but her move is still historic on other counts. She is the first spouse of a former president to try for the oval office. At this stage she is the clear front runner for the Democratic party. One pole put her at forty-one percent with the closest rival Barack Obama at seventeen percent. The Democratic part is getting started early. She is sixth to announce herself as a candidate. Because things are getting started early the people running need to have financial backing early. Her biggest rival will most likely remain Obama.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk
Is America ready to elect a woman president? Rupert Cornwell asks the Big Question

Why are we asking this now?

Her move is historic on two counts. Other women have tried - Pat Schroeder for the Democrat nomination in 1992 and Elizabeth Dole for the Republicans in 2000 - but none has had as good a chance of reaching the Oval Office - and never has the spouse of a former President attempted to win the top job in her own right. At this admittedly early stage, she is the clear front-runner in an already crowded Democratic field. A Washington Post/ABC News poll at the weekend gave her 41 per cent against 17 per cent for her closest rival, Illinois senator Barack Obama.

Why did she declare so early?

In this utterly unpredictable contest, everything is happening earlier. Bill Clinton did not formally launch his victorious 1992 campaign until September 1991. Hillary is not the first, but the sixth Democrat (and fourth US senator) to declare. The first candidate's debate takes place in New Hampshire in April, nine months before the state holds its traditional first-in-the-nation primary. South Carolina is holding its own debate, probably the following month. Next year's primary calendar is more front-loaded than ever, so that the contest will probably be over by the beginning of March at the latest.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I had a fear this might happen about fifteen year ago or so. What really drove it home was a day or two ago when I saw that Clinton had fifty-seven percent of the female vote. That would mean that sixty percent of the male vote would half to go to the other side, and that people I just don't think will ever happen. Financing is mentioned, that is very importuned for a campaign. With former president Clinton's contacts, I think financing the campaign will be but a minor nuisance. I hear this morning she already has fourteen million in the bank for the campaign. I will suspect that number will grow with but one phone call. If you have followed any of the conspiracy theories that relate to politics you will know that those who control the money control politics. If that being the case then the next president has already been chosen. Which means Clinton is back.

Related News Links:
mensnewsdaily.com
news.independent.co.uk
www. unionleader.com
english.pravda.ru

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Future Presidents
Obama Attended Madrassa, Says Hillary

Al Gore will be the nominee of the Democratic Party in 2008. Obama will be his running mate. Mark these words.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Hillary will not win because Cheney said so.

Other members in this thread have stated the same thing Marg, are you going to claim every one of them are part of the "NWO" for stating their opinions?

I don't think, and I hope she does not win.

Does that make me a "NWO puppet" like some members always try to claim "when someone doesn't agree with their views"? No, it just makes my opinion different than yours and other members.

I am not 100% sure one way or the other, but claims that Cheney is part of the NWO is no evidence that he is.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well ive been of the opinion for a while now that regardless of who runs, we're going to have a democrat in the whitehouse in '08. they could run ME and id win. and im not even a registered democrat and i cant remember the last time i voted for a democrat. doesnt matter.

unless things turn around in Iraq VERY soon and osama is delivered to gitmo in late oct of '07, our next president will be a dem.

and it scares the hell out of me that the dems may offer up hillary as their choice. though, whoever is her running mate is the most likely to finish the term as pres. i just dont think that the whole of the country is ready for a woman pres, or her specifically and theres a lot of whackjobs out there. thats why we'll never see colin powell run for pres. he knows some whackjob would try to take a shot at him and he's smart enough to not want to put himself in that position intentionally. he was in the army long enough, you go in harms way for the success of the mission, not for kicks.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hillary will certainly have her share of obstacles to overcome. I would expect the conservatie radio guys to say that she has no chance. I'd expect them to go so far as to say that Bill will upstage her every chances he gets. It's a viable tactic and it would work...except...that anti-GOP backlash.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justin Oldham
I'd expect them to go so far as to say that Bill will upstage her every chances he gets. It's a viable tactic and it would work...except...that anti-GOP backlash.

I doubt that would happen because I don't think bill was able to upstage her when he was in the white house so I doubt anyone would buy that now.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It's being reported that several big name Hollywood types have thrown a fund raiser for Obama. While we shuold expect the conservative talking heads to say that this 'event' is proof that Hillary is on the outs with her fellow Libs, we should remember that Hillary starts with a big cash lead.

At this point, Obama is all bark and no bite. The political scientist in me is waiting for things to heat up. Mr. Dean's fortunes changed real fast, and it would serve Barack well to remember that. If he really wants to de-rail Hillary as the front runner ,he will need to do morethan go to a few ultra-swank parties. Fund-raising is good, but money can dry up faster than you can say your own name.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Wasn't hillary already president for 8 years

anyway I dont think she or Obama are the answer for the dems if either of thoseare on the ticket as front runners I predict a republican shoe in for the presidency

just my $2 cents

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by spinstopshere

So that leaves 75% that might. More than enough to win the nomination and the Whitehouse.

I might add; she has the money to run a first class campaign and we all know it ultimately boils down to MONEY. She's a Corperate whore too.

The key word there is MIGHT. And it also means that is 25% would not vote for her that 25% would give their votes to another. That means that person would only need about 30% of the remaining vote and that would be easy.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As the O'Reilly fan points out, the electorate is very divided at this time. The results of 2006 showed that there are two things that most Americans...regardless of party...agree on at this time. They're mad about the border situation, and they don't like the war in Iraq.

Whoever wins will NOT need a decisive supra-majority to win. In 2008, the registered indies will have more power to sway the outcome of the election than they have in the past. Having said that, it seems clear to me that most indies will vote for "not the Reoublican." There is some vidinctiveness involved here, and the Dems will have no trouble exploiting that.

apc

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well... I'm one of those Skull and Bones koolaide drinkers. Hillary being a Bonesman by blood, I expect will either win the election, or be used as insurance like Kerry in '04.

They've had a key role in every election for a while now... I suspect they won't give that up now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join