It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

survival tabs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
survival tabs are concentrated food mostly sugar and malt plus some other stuff you can suposedly survive for 15 dayson one bottle about the size of a canteen. what i want to knoe is has anyone actually done it ia if so what was the experince like? if not survival tabs what long tern storage survival food have you experance with and how would you say they rate aginst such classics as dehydrated camping food or mre?

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
without knowing EXACTLY what is in the mixture you are refering to , IMHO it is more likey to be a short term only solution .

there are a variety of such preparations out there - and none are really intended to be used for more than a few days

as they lack many ammino acids and vitamins / minerals etc

they will keep a healthy person at peak efficiency for a few days - because the mody has reserves of protien , fat , vut c , vit a etc etc

but you cannot live of them long term

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
could multi-vitamins be a helpful addition to a long term bob? I hadn't thought of that until seeing this thread. Hmmmm. Perhaps some electrolytes drinks added to some drinking water would also help a great deal. Food for thought...so to speak.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
i see that i should have done this from the start so here is the url to the co site
www.survivaltabs.com...
so you can see just what survival tabs are and what they contain. what i was looking for is first hand info from anyone who had actually used them in a long term situation say 10 -15 days.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
WCSSAR :

Hey , thanks for the link .

BUT

unless i have just ha a major barain fart , the maths of thier " nutritional value " does not add up

the claim is

"15 Days' Food Supply Under 2 Lbs"

now thier figures are horredously laid out

but my reading of it is :

12 Tabs Per Day Is All You’ll Need The Survival Tabs will keep you alive and moving for months at a time

and further

Servings Per Container: 15 < AND > 240 calories / serving ,< AND [ my calculation ] > just under 50 gms / serving

coupled with the claim of < 2 lb / bottle .............. with one bottle giving 15 servings [ 750 grams ] , that gives < 2 lb / bottle

now could you live " for months " on 240 cal / day ????????????????

i know chuffing well i could not .......... and i am a lean mean fighting ape

so like i said - unless i have made a major miscalculation , IMHO these are feck useless

[edit on 4-2-2007 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
could multi-vitamins be a helpful addition to a long term bob?

absolutley - i believe that several members list them as part of thier BoB

the vit / mineral contents of many hi energy / low weight foods is quite attrociously low

and you cannot really have your " 5 a day " ration of fresh fruit and veg portions in your BoB

" empty calories " will fuel the body - but tour vital vit / mineral reserves your body stores are being leeched away -

so while you can " run on empty " for a while - its best to keep your reserves full

esp as a tube of " one a day " multi vitamin tabs is so small and light

top topics

join