It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's new? (a challenge)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Cug

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What's new pussycat? Woah, Woah err.. sorry I was channeling my inner Tom Jones.

Anyway what I wanted to know is anyone here on ATS actually doing any research on secret societies? I have been posting here for about 2 1/2 years so far and truthfully I don't think I have seen one lick of original research. Pretty much every thing posted in this forum can be traced back to a small handfull of people whose claims are repeated over and over and over and over again. While the same thing does happen in other forums there is also more real research done by the members of this forum. Probably one of the better examples was the whole Project Serpo deal.

So with that in mind I'd like to issue a challenge to those who think something sinister is going on with secret societies.

1. Investigate a Secret Society other than the masons and see what they might be up to.

2. If you must focus on the Masons expand on one of the common conspiracies (or a brand new one) by using some original research.

Do a good job on your research and be able to back it up, now I'm not talking about a criminal case level of evidence, but something better than so and so said so.

Any takers?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cug
So with that in mind I'd like to issue a challenge to those who think something sinister is going on with secret societies.

Full marks to you Cug for trying to get some order out of chaos, and I wish you luck. Although to be fair there have been a number of ATS members who have decided to look into freemasonry (specifically) objectively and have come away with a much better understanding of the conspiratorial angle of the Craft (i.e. there isn't one). Becon of Light jumps to mind as a recent example but there have been others.

Call me cynical but there are any number of ways for the prejudiced to discount genuine research. Generally speaking I think the open-minded know exactly what is going on here and have a good deal of tolerance for the ignorant.

Having said that I'd love to see some hard evidence that Skull and Bones as a fraternity is manipulating politics and politicians in this country. I won't hold my breath though.

adc

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Why would there be rivalries between societies, they are all on the same page in common cause and all part of the same order, just some are more powerful (therefore knowledgable) than others.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think it is a good idea, under the name "Spores From Space", (which will not log into ATS anymore, so I had to change it, their is a conspiracy) I posted How I wondered why people did not question the various Rosicrucian groups anymore, as they are thought by many to be the grandaddy secret society, then to my joy: a few AMORC and other RC threads started*
About Skull and Bones and the CFR and other groups like that, I always wonder should they go iin the Secret Socieities forum or the NWO forum?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Germails Lovechild
I think it is a good idea, under the name "Spores From Space", (which will not log into ATS anymore, so I had to change it, their is a conspiracy) I posted How I wondered why people did not question the various Rosicrucian groups anymore, as they are thought by many to be the grandaddy secret society, then to my joy: a few AMORC and other RC threads started*

I think an obvious problem with them is that there are literally hundreds of organization who call themselves "Rosicrucian". But as Paul Foster Case wrote in his "The True and Invisible Rosicrucian Order": We do not condemn imposters: they condemn themselves.

About Skull and Bones and the CFR and other groups like that, I always wonder should they go iin the Secret Socieities forum or the NWO forum?

I don't know about CFR, but as to Skull and Bones, remember, this a fraternity of college kids. I'd think the Panty Raid and Beer Bash forum would be the most appropriate.

Cug

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
Although to be fair there have been a number of ATS members who have decided to look into freemasonry (specifically) objectively and have come away with a much better understanding of the conspiratorial angle of the Craft (i.e. there isn't one).

I don't care if they are objective, I just want some new theories to talk about. And if someone happens to learn some critical thinking skills so be it.

Having said that I'd love to see some hard evidence that Skull and Bones as a fraternity is manipulating politics and politicians in this country. I won't hold my breath though.

Well I have some real soft and fluffy evidence that the Skull and Bones was a breeding ground for Fascists in the early 20th century. and by the actions of our current president it looks like it could still be one.

So is someone willing to take up the challenge?

Originally posted by adc
Why would there be rivalries between societies, they are all on the same page in common cause and all part of the same order, just some are more powerful (therefore knowledgable) than others.

How about you adc? care to come up with a theory about how all the societies are linked? How instructions are passed between them, etc...?

adc

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, what i've figured is that is that their is a centralised power of secret societies called the New World Order who include such societies like the ones at the top, apart from of course the rulers of the universe, The Reptillian Agenda itself, are the Illuminati, Bilderbergs, then all the others like the Skull & Crossbones, Freemasons, Knights of Malta, Knights Templar, Opus Dei, Rothchilds, Astors, McDonalds, etc. etc. etc. but it is only the people at the top of most of these secret societies that know what they are a part of, everyone at the bottom just thinks they are cool because they are part of a society.

But there are out there freedom fighters working to wake people up, people like David Icke, who make people, more and more by the day, start realising the fact that not everything is right with the world, not by far. And as more people start to become aware, that can only mean that more and more become aware because the vibes are sent out there for people to get.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by adc
Well, what i've figured is that is that their is a centralised power of secret societies called the New World Order who include such societies like the ones at the top, apart from of course the rulers of the universe, The Reptillian Agenda itself, are the Illuminati, Bilderbergs, then all the others like the Skull & Crossbones, Freemasons, Knights of Malta, Knights Templar, Opus Dei, Rothchilds, Astors, McDonalds, etc. etc. etc. but it is only the people at the top of most of these secret societies that know what they are a part of, everyone at the bottom just thinks they are cool because they are part of a society.

But there are out there freedom fighters working to wake people up, people like David Icke, who make people, more and more by the day, start realising the fact that not everything is right with the world, not by far. And as more people start to become aware, that can only mean that more and more become aware because the vibes are sent out there for people to get.

David Icke

The one and only thing that you have to fear is your own paranoia.

Cug

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by adc

But there are out there freedom fighters working to wake people up, people like David Icke, who make people, more and more by the day, start realising the fact that not everything is right with the world, not by far.

You see that's exactly what I was talking about.

In general the anti's in this forum are sheep.. they are told what to believe and then they go out and post their propaganda on hundreds of websites.. nothing but a mental copy and paste job. Icke said this, Cooper said that, Chick said something else, Jones and Marrs said a bit too.

If you disagree with that statement.. show me how wrong I am! I'm calling you out here and now! Post a thread with some original research about some secret societies.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I dont know if it counts as original research, But i am trying to compile a number of things to do with Freemasonry & The Illuminati.

I know that can be a very broad topic to start to research, So after quite alot of reading and watching videos and interviews, Ive decided to set task for myself to try and simplify my research and the way it is presented.

1) I plan to document the degrees of freemasonry - You can see progress here

2) Compile a sort of 'family tree' or 'ranking system' of the Illuminati. This may be a very lengthy task. I am currently looking at the Grand Patroness of World Freemasonry, Queen Elizabeth of Bitain, In the hope to branch from that position. If you have any info on the GPoWF please let me know here

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think that this is a great idea Cug, but I am not so sure that its all that easy to do conspiracy research of this manner. Most people get information second hand, including the 'big conspiracy theorists' like Icke or Jones or however.

A good place to start, I think, would be for people to check who is in lesser known groups, like the Rancheros or Round-up Riders, and see what those people have done in industry outside the group.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Nygdan]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Do you really think God lets the persecutors of his only begotton Son into Heaven?

You'd better turn around and go back to the fork in the road Mason.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
talib

I really applaud you in your task, and its nice to see someone trying some original research. I would be happy to help you, and if you need anything just u2u me.

Originally posted by talib
2) Compile a sort of 'family tree' or 'ranking system' of the Illuminati. This may be a very lengthy task. I am currently looking at the Grand Patroness of World Freemasonry, Queen Elizabeth of Bitain

I'm afraid there's no such position as "Grand Patroness of World Freemasonry". There isn't even a 'patroness' of English freemasonry. I would go back to your source material on this one to see where this came from.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Am I correct in remembering that the Bavarian Illuminatus group was set-up as an opposition to Monarchial control?

I don't have any research, but maybe someone will take this and run with it.

Maybe there is an underground war between secret societies. On one side, you have the churches, and the plethera of religous churchlink organisations such as the Roscrucians and Opus Dei. — On the other side, is the non-religous, spiritualink organisations like the Freemasons, the Illuminati and any others.

Now the crux of this hypothesis is that the Freemasons and Illuminati are on the average man's side. Helping to protect us from droconian-like religious rule, and the organized religions adopted there own secret societies, to battle this stuff out underground, and out of public scrutiny.

So maybe, we as non-society members, are oblivious to what is being fought, for and against us.

Maybe? Have I lit any interest in anyone to run with this?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
My previous post was directed at the user 'Cug', who imply's on his sig block that he is a practitioner of Thelma, a Masonic Satanic 'Art'.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
u2u's are great for discussing sigs.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The Queen is indeed the 'Grand Patroness' of the United Grand Lodge of England, which is the 'Mother Grand Lodge' of "regular" world Freemasonry.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
What in the world is "World Freemasonry?"

New buzz phrase in the "anti" lexicon of terms?

Throwback to the "good ole days" of paint and persecute?

Typo?

Seriously...

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
No, it is actually much simpiler than that, which is a general charateristic of the truth. There is Satan, the angels that were thrown out of heaven by St. Michael with him, and Freemasonry on one side - and on the other there is Jesus Christ, the Angels, the Saints, and the true faith.

Satan claims liberty for mankind, but delivers only death.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join