It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SO sick of this happening...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
And that still doesn't mean that they cause more crimes than whites. If whites cause more of the actual number of crimes, maybe its the whites that should be dealt with.

The non-aboriginal outnnumber the aboriginal nearly 50 to 1! Yet in prison the blacks make up a quarter of the population!!!

You cant honestly say that doesn't indicate something about the aboriginal population's contribution to crime.

That means that the vast majority of prisoners are white, and that the vast majority of crimes are carried out by whites, EVEN THOUGH they're not an oppressed class AND they're the ones that created the system that is imprisoning them in the first place.

You are dodging the fact that a group that makes up TWO percent of the population in society accounts for TWENTY FIVE percent of the prison population. Per capita, aboriginals are more responsible for crime than any other three ethnic groups put together!

How many beatings of aboriginals occur without resolution?

I know you are not going to believe me when I say this, but the majority of violence against aboriginals comes from other aboriginals. White australians are too afraid to fight back because Aboriginal youths tend to hang out in large groups who will often look for a (much) smaller group of people to prey upon.

For example, Friday just gone was Australia day. I went to the pub with some mates who ended up leaving before I did. I decided (Rather foolishly thanks to a few Bundy and cola's) to walk home alone. As I passed the shopping center which is on my way home a group of around 7-8 aboriginal teenagers
crossed the road and starting walking in a direct line towards me. As they got within earshot one of them shouted out "Thats a nice flag (I was wearing a flag like a cape) I reckon you should give us a go of it".

Naturally I told them that no they werent going to have my flag and naturally they started to surround me ready to act the heroes they are and fight me on what they consider even ground.

Thankfully before anything too nasty could happen a police car happened to drive past so I pushed my way out of the group (receiving a few punches to the head on the way) and flagged down the police who dropped me home but did ABOSOLUTELY NOTHING about the group that I had just got away from.

I found out yesterday, that they then went on down towards the pub and found two guys (who i used to surf with) walking home by them selves.
One of them has now got six stitches above his eye from where they hit him with a rock, the other luckily escaped with a black eye and minor concussion from where they KICKED HIM IN THE HEAD after knocking him to the ground.

Find a way to blame that on the white Australians....

And being non-poor white kids isn't any excuse either. Hell, AT LEAST the aboriginals are a marginalized people. White australians on the other hand are the dominant class, and they STILL are responsible for the vast majority of crimes committed in australia.

I never said it was an excuse. THere is NO excuse for that kind of crime. Aboriginal people however are responsible for more violent crime than any other demographic.

The research centre also found that one in five assaults, one in three robberies, more than one in three homicides and about one in ten sexual offences are inter-racial. About 93% of those involve Aboriginal offenders and non-Aboriginal victims.

If you could turn a lever and magically stop an equal number of either population from committing crimes, then, yeah, you'd get the most results out of using it on the aborigines. Since there AREN'T magic anti-crime levers, you have to use actual solutions to crime. To correct the causes for poorness and marginilization amoung the aborigines, would take great effort, but what's the white people's excuse in australia? You don't need to make them 'not poor', you don't need to reform an entire system so that it doesn't discriminate against them, or overhaul and entire country so that it
treats them as full fledged equals. The easier way to reduce crime would be to deal with the whites, who've only taken a small 'push' to become criminals, whereas the aborigines have been given a HUGE push over the edge.

So since the whites are creating the vast majority of the crimes in the country, and they're the committing crimes over practically nothing, it'd make more sense to deal with them.

From reading what you just posted its pretty clear that you have little, if any experience with Australia and our indigenous population. THey are given so much opportunity and so much assistance from the government which is paid for by the average white Australian through their taxes. These same white Australians are then, assaulted, abused or have their property stolen by the same people who are receiving millions of dollars a year from government coffers.

They have been treated BETTER than equal. They get many more opportunities than the average white australian. They even PAY them to go to school!!!!

They can get FREE UNIVERSITY DEGREES! They get given weekly welfare payments, arts grants, cultural studies grants the list goes on.

Now why I dont think we should stop supporting the aboriginal people (I for one think that free university degrees are a great idea) I would just like them to wake up to the fact that they really do get a lot of opportunities and that I like the majority of white australians have NEVER done anything wrong to them and that without us Paying taxes (because the majority of Aboriginal's dont) they would not get a QUARTER of what they get now.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Ezekiel: Cleaning up the line spacing...]

[edit on 27-1-2007 by Ezekiel]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Let me tell you about my city. This city I live in we in the emergency services call it "living in the bubble" because of our lack of crime. Its like a giant Mayberry people are curtious and nice to each other. We love each other and love our city. I have lived here and did not know such a place could exist. I have lived here for two years and was born and raised in a crime ridden city. This place is indiscrible, we have the drunken crimes of passion, and the teen crime thing sure. Stand in a crowd in my city no matter how big and you can feel the love for each other and the city. The crime is nearly aways non-violent. We are 97% white.

The city closest to us has one of the worst crime rates of violence and murder in the nation. It is 25 miles away from our little bubble. Just 25 miles and its horrible there. They are 60% white.

I dont think I am racist, growing up in Lansing, Mi. my home town I figured thats just the way people are. Since moving into the bubble I can feel the difference, its so nice here I never LOVED a city before, but I love this one.

The city that is 25 miles away just recently had some major factories go bankrupt. These past months I see more and more people of that city in mine. For the first time people are being robbed by gunpoint for there shopping bags and cars. The bubble is bursting and we see it in the fire service.

I am not stating anything one way or another. These are facts, not speculation. We always had poor portions of the county and city, trailor parks and whatnot. The violent crime was not here though. It is now.

God how I love the bubble, its like living in the 50's

[edit on 27-1-2007 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
None of this changes the fact that the majority of crimes in australia are perpetrated by white australians, so why isn't there a special solution to dealing with the problem of white criminals? ANd its the sheerest absurdity to pretend that aboriginal australians are somehow a privilieged class, they are the underclass, its the whites that have the oppurtunity and privilege, and STILL they produce the majority of the crimes in australia. Even on your statisic of sex offenses, you are saying that slightly more 9 out of 10 assualts are perpetrated by white australian men.

Originally posted by Ezekiel
and about one in ten sexual offences are inter-racial. About 93% of those involve Aboriginal offenders and non-Aboriginal victims.

They are trying to steal our women, message received.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
You know people use the same prison population arguement over here to say that black and hispanic people commit a much higher percentage of crimes. This argument has largely been discredited as BS.

Basically, police officers tend to profile and target minorities as offenders, and thus end up stopping, arresting, and imprisoning them disproportionately. Add to that the occasional necessity to commit minor crimes for daily needs. And the higher sentences for minorities who commit drug crimes compared to that of whites, and you have a prison full of minorities who's caucasioan criminal counterparts are still walking the streets with little fear.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   

and about one in ten sexual offences are inter-racial. About 93% of those involve Aboriginal offenders and non-Aboriginal victims.

Ok, correct my math here if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean that out of ten rapists, one is an aborigine? Doesn't that approximately fit the population ratio?

And of those offenses commited by the aborigine, whouldn't the 93% rape against white women also fit the population ratio, considering that approx 95% of the population is white?

again, I may be off with my math here, so correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Ok, correct my math here if I'm wrong, but doesn't that mean that out of ten rapists, one is an aborigine? Doesn't that approximately fit the population ratio?

Going off Eziekels figure of 2% aboriginal population the ratio should be a figure 0.02 sexual offenses committed by aboriginals.

1 in 10 makes it 0.10,making it 5 times high than it should.

But you only want it to be understandable,for an excuse to forget that these and many other serious crimes are commited on someone else.

And to the point of this thread the way the laws are working now is not the answer to solve the problems.

It does not help when these problems are pointed out to scream racist!

It would be better if the rant was seen toward the Gov or who ever has their hands tied at not implementing laws that the aboriginal people would have to take seriously.

Instead of attacking those pointing out the problems.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

None of this changes the fact that the majority of crimes in australia are perpetrated by white australians.

With that type of logic there`s only one Osama Bin Ladin also,i guess your right and the American people along with many other countries a racsist pigs.

so why isn't there a special solution to dealing with the problem of white criminals?

There is its call law.

ANd its the sheerest absurdity to pretend that aboriginal australians are somehow a privilieged class

Its the sheerest absurdity to discount the benifets the aboriginal people get over others.

I cannot believe your still a mod or even a MEMBER,with comments such as this.

Absolutely disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 28-1-2007 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

None of this changes the fact that the majority of crimes in australia are perpetrated by white australians, so why isn't there a special solution to dealing with the problem of white criminals?

Ok mate, you can keep ignoring the fact that the smallest demographic is disproportionately represented in jail if it makes you feel better about the truth.

Aboriginals PER CAPITA commit more crimes than any other race in Australia.

Of course other ethnic groups account for more crime overall - that is because they account for 98% of the population.

If Aboriginal people committed crime at the same rate as other groups, then only 2% of the prison population would be Aboriginal instead of 25%.

Pretending that the problem isnt there is not going to make it any better.

ANd its the sheerest absurdity to pretend that aboriginal australians are somehow a privilieged class, they are the underclass, its the whites that have the oppurtunity and privilege, and STILL they produce the majority of the crimes in australia.

What experience have you had to back that claim up? Have you grown up in Australia and experienced first hand the extra opportunity that Aboriginal's are given? The only reason that most of them are still the underclass is because none of them bother to take the opportunities that are given to them (PAID to go to school, Free university degrees, extra grants for housing, cars, weekly welfare, open reign on fishing license) - because it is much easier for them to sit around whingeing about how bad they have it and keep getting more and more hand outs at the expense of hard working, tax paying Australians.

I'm hoping that was a joke... so I'll just smile at that one =)

[edit on 29-1-2007 by Ezekiel]

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
You know people use the same prison population arguement over here to say that black and hispanic people commit a much higher percentage of crimes. This argument has largely been discredited as BS.

Come on man, do you really believe that EVERY police officer is out there just looking for black and hispanic criminals?

Isn't it more likely that they ACTUALLY DO commit more crimes?

I'm not saying thats the case in the US, I actually have a lot of respect for the African Americans and the Hispanics. They are examples of races that have come from absolutely nothing (African Americans were slaves!) to being contributors and productive members of their societies. I know its certainly the case here, because I see it every day.

Add to that the occasional necessity to commit minor crimes for daily needs.

I dont agree that there is ever any reason to steal anything but I dont really know whats its like in the US for those people so I wont comment further.

Over here every Aboriginal person receives welfare from the Government. They have NO reason for needing to steal anything. They are given money each fortnight, housing subsidies, car loan subsidies - their kids are even paid to go to school.

No Aboriginal person could EVER use the excuse that they needed to steal anything.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Add to that the occasional necessity to commit minor crimes for daily needs.

No Aboriginal person could EVER use the excuse that they needed to steal anything.

I was commenting on the occasional necessity to do things like sell small amounts of drugs to make ends meet. It's often these people who are arrested, and spend an excessive amount of time in prison. It's these situations that would cause anyone, black or white, to do what they need to do to survive. Unfortunately, this necessity is usually only forced on the lower class, and thus increasing their chance of being arrested and sent to prison. Hence the hightened aboriginal population in prison. Check to see what percentage of that 25% are in prison for minor drug crimes.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If you look at the graph I linked to in one of my earlier posts, I think it shows that Aboriginals are actually the lower contributors to drug related incarceration.

They are involved more in theft and violence related crimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join