SO sick of this happening...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
SOURCE

AN elderly Canadian tourist has been bashed and robbed in Perth, four days after arriving for a holiday in Western Australia.
The 76-year-old man was sitting on a bench in the city's Murray St Mall about 2am yesterday when he was attacked, police said today.

``He was approached by a man who demanded his bags and watch,'' police said.

``The victim was then beaten about the head by the offender and several of his (the offender's) accomplices joined in.''

Officers said the man's bag - containing contained cash, his passport and other documents - was stolen.

The tourist was treated at Royal Perth Hospital for bruising to his eyes and a cut on his face.

Police are seeking witnesses to the attack, describing the assailant as a solidly built Aboriginal man aged about 25.

The attacker was wearing black track pants, a black shirt and a black cap placed back to front.

AAP

Ok now I dont know what it is with Aboriginal people in Western Australia at the moment, but this it the fourth bashing I have seen/read about since Friday that was carried out by Aboriginal people.

Yep thats one per day.

What really gets me pi$$ed is that some bleeding heart lefty will come out and start the usual excuses flowing

"But they come from a disadvantaged background"

"The stolen generation is the issue"

"Its all the white man's fault"

And as usual the police will do all the hard work to find these criminals, only to have some Judge with their head up their arse let them go on a "good behaviour bond" which they will inevitably break (because they are smart enough at least to work out that they can continue to behave like animals and get away with it) at the expense of an innocent citizen - or as in this case a tourist trying to enjoy a holiday in our beautiful country.

I know im going to be called racist - and you know what maybe I am a little bit. So would anyone who had to live in a place where this kind of thing is commonplace.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   
think this is bad, what about the new(ish) Muslim street gangs that are beating up Australian people because they are Australian.
also all this Anti-Fascist rubbish about not flying the Australian flag because its Racist and Fascist. its going down the same route as the UK at the moment.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
These crimes are up there with the worst possible.Up there with rape and child molestation imo

The amount of times i`ve seen an elderly person bashed for money or possessions on the news makes me wonder how many more gutless heartless drop kicks we have among us and it is getting worse.

When its wrong its wrong irrespective of ones race or colour and i know you are not racist Ezekiel even though your comments maybe seen as such by some.

Aboriginal people get away with and are given so much in this country compared to battling Aussies who did not commit the offenses toward Aborigines in the first place.So its easy to see why the average Jo gets passionate about the topic and also why people in other countries dont realize what goes on.

These troubled aboriginals are stuck in between cultures,if they were to be punished by their elders for such a crime i have no doubt they would be speared and or bashed with Nulla Nullas.

Aboriginal Law

You bring up a good point about justice not being served,though many of these people dont know what to believe in,white fella`s way or black fella`s,and when they realize this then its the white man is to blame attitude and hate for us for any personal problem they have.

I forget how many times i`ve driven past a group of aboriginals walking beside the street sniffing petrol.

Something needs to be done,i dont know what other than,abide by our laws and suffer the full consequences like anyone else or abide by your own laws and suffer the full consequences of your traditional ways.But not how it is,lenient justice from our law and nil from their own.

Its a fair rant Ezekiel,the crime such as this is upsetting and should be to all,no matter who committed it.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, its comforting to know that I'm not the only one that see's the lunacy in all of this.

Funny_Pom, I have been watching with interest the news reports about the Lebanese Muslim gangs bashing Australians.

I dont understand how people can be so shocked that the Cronulla riots took place - after seeing things like this happen.

Gps, your comments explained my frustration perfectly =)

abide by our laws and suffer the full consequences like anyone else or abide by your own laws and suffer the full consequences of your traditional ways.But not how it is,lenient justice from our law and nil from their own.

Because there is confusion in what laws apply - they get off easy from both!

Personally I think that tribal law SHOULD apply. A spear through the leg would teach them a lesson that our justice system fails to.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The world would be better off without 'em. They stink, and it's a good thing they're heading toward dying out all together.

Of course the other option is much more appealing. Help them out. Destroy the devide that exists between those who exploit the underclass and the undreclass.

I'm not sure of the exact situation in Australia, but I'm willing to bet it's similar to the ghetto in any country. The undesireables, in this case the people whose land was taken from under them, are quarentined in a corner of the city to which no one travels. They'll become addicted to drugs, and kill each other off in petty violence. That's fine, as long as they don't go out of bounds.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Rasobasi,

Was that sarcasm or sincerity?

(your post could swing either way, so I thought it better to ask first.
)

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

I'm not sure of the exact situation in Australia, but I'm willing to bet it's similar to the ghetto in any country.

, are quarentined in a corner of the city to which no one travels.

Wrong,Aboriginals are given house`s throughout suburbia and in the country,many are simply trashed.

I worked for a building Co up north and we built a number of brand new homes for Aborigines as soon as one lot moved in we got a call of an electrical fault in the house,an electrician went to the house and knocked on the security door,he could hear a number of people in the house and a strange noise going "tsk tsk tsk tsk" someone calls out for him to come on in,he went into the lounge room where a large group were sitting on the floor backs on the walls a hose from outside was poked through a window and a sprinkler was in the middle of the lounge going "tsk tsk...."

As i said this was to a brand new house which they get for next to nothing.
This type of thing happens a lot,where battling Aussies get disgruntled at what they do with how much they are given.Only then to be called racist for it.

in this case the people whose land was taken from under them

If it wasn`t the British it would have been someone else,maybe even less accommodating who may well have just wiped them from the face of the planet.

I must add i have had the good pleasure of meeting numerous genuine thoughtful aboriginal people, i lost my wallet with a full weeks pay in it,a week later an aboriginal lady rang me who found it.Not a cent was missing.
I doubt most people would be that honest.

I have worked with them,gone to church with them,lived next door to them and it was a pleasure to have meet them.

I have had the displeasure of meeting too many bad aborigines usually from my experience they are part blood aborigines confused with their identity.The one thing thats not going to happen is some 20 million people up and leave because of them or anyone else.

What would you do Rasobasi420 if you were born here or lived here?

Would you go to another country that belongs to others?

[edit on 25-1-2007 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
This type of thing happens a lot,where battling Aussies get disgruntled at what they do with how much they are given.Only then to be called racist for it.

So the problem is that they don't know what to do with the charity they are given? I'm sure that the aboriginals who beat this Canadian man up are not the same ones who were able to buy a house (even a cheap one) in the suburbs.

If it wasn`t the British it would have been someone else,maybe even less accommodating who may well have just wiped them from the face of the planet.

That's a logical fallacy.

I must add i have had the good pleasure of meeting numerous genuine thoughtful aboriginal people, i lost my wallet with a full weeks pay in it,a week later an aboriginal lady rang me who found it.Not a cent was missing.

I have worked with them,gone to church with them,lived next door to them and it was a pleasure to have meet them.

Doesn't this just tell you that it's not a matter of their culture, or the people, but of the individual? And, by grouping them all together you do a disservice to the "good ones" you mentioned? I could just as easilly say "The white man is the bane of mankind, and has caused more destruction than anyone else, except for this guy, he's one of the good ones". But I'm sure I'd be called a racist for that.

Probably try to avoid prejudicial descriminations like others have made in this thread. They only lead to a larger devide between the classes, and thus to more violence.

However this was Ezekial's rant, and this is the place to get your prejudices off your chest I guess.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

So the problem is that they don't know what to do with the charity they are given?

As in my quote above i`m pointing out what the problem is,but you`ll only see what you want to suit your agenda.

The money spent comes from working Aussies and no we dont like to see it wasted.

I'm sure that the aboriginals who beat this Canadian man up are not the same ones who were able to buy a house (even a cheap one) in the suburbs.

I`d like to see what qualifications or evidence you have to make such an assumtion.

Can you prove that wrong also?

gps777

Rasob
Doesn't this just tell you that it's not a matter of their culture, or the people, but of the individual?

Your asking me this question???

Did i just point that out or not?,or are you just trying to be an expert at the bleeding obvious.

gps777

rasob
Probably try to avoid prejudicial descriminations like others have made in this thread. They only lead to a larger devide between the classes, and thus to more violence.

Hopefully you would never have to see what others have to go through or live through it yourself.

But without living here and knowing and living what goes on,yes i guess you will be the expert you think you are.

There is a divide between them and us,made by the Gov,not by us.We are not equal.We are not treated equally.

Though when many an aboriginal is serverly racist or violent etc,thats ok because we are all theives cause we all stole their land.

We must all stink to you.

However this was Ezekial's rant, and this is the place to get your prejudices off your chest I guess.

Hasn`t stopped you from having your little rant now has it?

[edit on 25-1-2007 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I'm sure that the aboriginals who beat this Canadian man up are not the same ones who were able to buy a house (even a cheap one) in the suburbs.

I`d like to see what qualifications or evidence you have to make such an assumtion.

It does not fall on me to prove that he didn't live in one of these homes. Since you brought up the fact that there are aboriginals who live in nice homes, it falls on the accuser to show me that this attacker came from one of these homes and was given the opportunity to make a better life. Until then, the assumtion must remain that he's more than likely in an underpriveledged position. This doesn't make his action right, just more understandable.

[quote

Can you prove that wrong also?

That's the problem with logical fallacies. But basically, there is no evidence that would support another power destroying the aboriginals, so you can't say that it would have happened. It's just as likely that they would have developed their own advanced society, and been an equal world power. Can you prove that wrong?

Hopefully you would never have to see what others have to go through or live through it yourself.

But without living here and knowing and living what goes on,yes i guess you will be the expert you think you are.

I'm not claimingto be an expert, just sympathetic to the plight of the lower class, considering that I spent most of my life in it. And, until any divide is removed, will be more sympathetic to the lower class than to the upper or middle class.

There is a divide between them and us,made by the Gov,not by us.We are not equal.We are not treated equally.

Though when many an aboriginal is serverly racist or violent etc,thats ok because we are all theives cause we all stole their land.

Well, considering where the prejudice began,

On one hand you have people who's prejudice stems from a natural feeling of superiority. A sense of entitlement and, as it was called here in the states 'manifest destiny'.

On the other hand you have a prejudice that stems from the anger felt by those who were essentially destroyed through that same sense of superiority, and manifest destiny.

Though both of these prejudices have changed slightly over time, but the essence remains the same. On one hand, there are people who feel that the others are savage, and are incapable of assimilating properly into their culture, and on the other there are people who resent being thought of and treated like they are, and deserve to be on the bottom of the barrel.

We must all stink to you.

Not to me, but then again I have problems with my own oppressors

Hasn`t stopped you from having your little rant now has it?

I prefer to think of it as a counterpoint, or an editorial reply.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Ok now I dont know what it is with Aboriginal people in Western Australia at the moment, but this it the fourth bashing I have seen/read about since Friday that was carried out by Aboriginal people.

So?

I am sure that there are a helluva lot more crimes carried out by non aborigines in australia.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

am sure that there are a helluva lot more crimes carried out by non aborigines in australia.

You would think so, seeing that Aboariginals only make up around 2% of our population.

However, have a look at some of these statistics.

In 2000 Indigenous juveniles were in juvenile corrections at a rate of 15.5 times the non-Indigenous rate

SOURCE

Indigenous prisoners

Indigenous prisoners represented 24% of the total prisoner population at 30 June 2006, the highest proportion at 30 June since 1996.

SOURCE

Juvenile detention rates in Western Australia 2004

In late 2005, the University of Western Australia’s Crime Research Centre released its latest report, Crime and Justice Statistics for Western Australia: 2004.

The juvenile detention figures for Western Australia in 2004 were:

* Overall rate: 51.9 per 100,000 juvenile persons
* Indigenous rate: 654.6 per 100,000 Indigenous juveniles

The Indigenous juvenile detention rate was found to be 52 times higher than the non-indigenous rate, while both the overall juvenile detention rate and the Indigenous juvenile detention rate were the highest of their kind in the country.

SOURCE

So a group that only makes up 2% of the population, makes up around 24% of the total prison population.

And thats only the ones that get caught.

There are still countless bashings that happen daily that go unreported, or are never dealt with simply because nothing will happen to the criminals who carried out the crimes.

Two weekends ago in my home town (Geraldton, small town in Mid-West WA) a group of around 20 young aboriginals bashed visiting sailors with bottles and star pickets and basically anything they could get their hands on.

My mates dad is a local Sergeant and he was saying that they will never find the people who did it - and even if they did they would all be back out on the streets after they were arrested.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Ezekiel]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

So the problem is that they don't know what to do with the charity they are given? I'm sure that the aboriginals who beat this Canadian man up are not the same ones who were able to buy a house (even a cheap one) in the suburbs.

I'm sure they werent either, however coming from a poor family is not an excuse for violence against an elderly man.

For the first 10 years of my life my family struggled to make ends meet. Wearing second hand clothes and relying on the charity of others to eat and get school supplies.

It certainly did not turn me into a violent criminal. It actually made me appreciate the charity that was shown to us.

Thats easy to say when you haven't seen and been the victim of countless acts of random violence carried out by the race you are trying to not discriminate against.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

It does not fall on me to prove that he didn't live in one of these homes.

How nice it would be to make all the assumptions one likes and leave it to others to prove you wrong.

Since you brought up the fact that there are aboriginals who live in nice homes

Nice homes when they were given to them in many cases.

it falls on the accuser to show me that this attacker came from one of these homes and was given the opportunity to make a better life.

For argument sake(because this is all it is)is it unconceivable to you that a person who has a nice home and given the opportunity to make a better life could commit such a crime?

Whats the point.

This doesn't make his action right, just more understandable.

So? if a someone raped someone else and was give an extremely light sentence or none at all,your happy because you understand he had urges.

That's the problem with logical fallacies. But basically, there is no evidence that would support another power destroying the aboriginals, so you can't say that it would have happened.

Key words "maybe even less accommodating"

I'm not claimingto be an expert, just sympathetic to the plight of the lower class, considering that I spent most of my life in it.

So as like many of the aboriginal people you attack even those who are sympathetic to the plight of the lower class,or even they are lower class themselves with less help than they are given.

And, until any divide is removed, will be more sympathetic to the lower class than to the upper or middle class.

But really stuff the classes,i care not for any class,you do it sounds like.

You do realize that you can throw money hand over fist at some of the poor because he screams poverty but will blow it all in a day and start screaming poverty again.Well this money comes from the backs of working people,struggling usually already.

Well, considering where the prejudice began,

So your one of these people who hold a grudge because so and so did something to your great great great great ..............................grand daddy and you will hate all those associated with the perp,which what gives you an identity?

On one hand you have people who's prejudice stems from a natural feeling of superiority. A sense of entitlement and, as it was called here in the states 'manifest destiny'.

You really dont believe this only occurs because of the color of ones skin do you,or do you just like to believe that.Gives you an identity "fight oppression everywhere super hero" dont miss out on life thinking you can stamp it out.

On the other hand you have a prejudice that stems from the anger felt by those who were essentially destroyed through that same sense of superiority, and manifest destiny.

Didn`t one fella over there have a dream?

What was it again,to be equal?

We are equal we are just not treated equally.

Though both of these prejudices have changed slightly over time, but the essence remains the same. On one hand, there are people who feel that the others are savage

When one is savage,they are.

So no need for generalizations or stereo types.

and are incapable of assimilating properly into their culture, and on the other there are people who resent being thought of and treated like they are, and deserve to be on the bottom of the barrel.

This is whats frustrating,the world has heard stories about how the aboriginal people are treated here and its bogus for the most part,media and political manipulation was used by some aboriginal people during the lead up to the Sydney Olympic games.

You wont hear nor does it interest people in other countries how much is done for the aboriginal people,who get much more than the average Aussie and they are the ones paying for it.Not the Queen of England or Captain Cooks ancestors etc but every day people trying to live their lives.

Not to me, but then again I have problems with my own oppressors

Well then dont treat others as though they stink when they dont.Especially when your ignorant of what happens here,come for a holiday rasob you will feel and be made welcome,though there are always nit wits who will look down upon others for any reason they can.

But come here and rant to everyday Aussies how we are oppressing the aboriginal people I guarantee you you`ll be told straight before your bags come out on the conveyor.

I prefer to think of it as a counterpoint, or an editorial reply.

Cause you would,you only want to see from your shoes and any one else with similar looking shoes is all you want to see.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

it falls on the accuser to show me that this attacker came from one of these homes and was given the opportunity to make a better life. Until then, the assumtion must remain that he's more than likely in an underpriveledged position. This doesn't make his action right, just more understandable.

They haven't caught the attacker yet so that cannot be proven.

And I'm sorry but no it does not make his actions more understandable, that is just apologist bs that bleeding heart lefties use to make hard working successful members of society feel bad for being the victim of crimes.

For ONCE I would like to see these people stand up and say

"Thank you for all of the welfare, housing and free services we receive at the expense of the Australian Tax Payer".

instead of "Yeah I bashed that guy but I'm from a disadvantaged background so that makes it ok"

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Have a read here
With a link to the solutions.

Life for many urban Aboriginals is not much better than that experienced by those in remote communities. Levels of crime, violence, drug-taking and unemployment are massively higher than the for the rest of the population. This is in spite of enormous assistance from governments, welfare agencies and charitable groups. Aboriginal benefits include the dole, housing assistance, special medical services, Abstudy grants and special privileges not enjoyed by the rest of the population.

Three decades of anti-white, blame propaganda trumpeted by the black aristocracy, academics and media have imbued many Aboriginals with feelings ranging from self-pity, resentment and anger, to a deep hatred of white society and white people.

The hatred manifests itself in the savage attacks on white people by Aboriginals. There have been numerous bashings of frail elderly whites by Aboriginals. Gangs of Aboriginal children and youths hunt in packs along Perth's railway stations looking for white prey. When they find a suitable target they attack like crazed animals.

This will give you "some" idea of what it can be like and is like.

Edit to add more to the bashings

Taken from the link,I couldn`t agree to this more.

Only a minority of Aboriginals offend. While this lawless minority are allowed to offend repeatedly, they tarnish the image of the majority of decent, law-abiding Aboriginals.

All because people such as those on this thread scream racist and then nothing gets done to improve their and our lives,by not bringing in equality.

Sure many aboriginals maybe for generations will need extra attention and welfare,but the laws should be equal now for everyones sake.

[edit on 27-1-2007 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel And I'm sorry but no it does not make his actions more understandable, that is just apologist bs that bleeding heart lefties use to make hard working successful members of society feel bad for being the victim of crimes.

I suppose that's one way of looking at it...

However, that seems to end the conversation, doesn't it? It puts a divider between 'us' and 'them' -- what's the purpose to that?

The other way to think about it is trying to understand someone's logic/motviation behind their actions. No matter how twisted, there has to be some thought process, some 'reason' for a person to lash out.

I'm not saying that people like this are automatically exempt from the consequences because of their twisted logic.

I am saying that looking at their 'logic' provides an opportunity to figure out what they think caused them to lash out, and, more importantly, to work out some solution that will curb any future events like this by others in a similar situation.

Obviously his actions were wrong. Society will want justice, and I agree with that. However, it's far too easy to simply condemn and skew the situation so that he becomes, almost, non-human -- completely unrelatable to others, and thus it becomes completely impossible to try and understand his motivations.

To pursue the original mindset is absolutely fruitless, and does not work towards solving anything...

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The other way to think about it is trying to understand someone's logic/motviation behind their actions. No matter how twisted, there has to be some thought process, some 'reason' for a person to lash out.

I totally agree. However, why not try to understand their logic from behing bars instead of on the street where they are allowed to re-offend?

I am saying that looking at their 'logic' provides an opportunity to figure out what they think caused them to lash out, and, more importantly, to work out some solution that will curb any future events like this by others in a similar situation.

Again I'm in total agreeance with you. My problem is not that I dont want to understand them, its that I want them locked up and out of the law adbiding citizens streets and backyards.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel
However, why not try to understand their logic from behing bars instead of on the street where they are allowed to re-offend?

Indeed, would be the only way one might be able to get them to sit and talk... Although, arguably, he'll be less inclined to speak with a cop than with a regular person... this might inhibit the process.

However, and undeniably, society requires justice to be served. I shall not argue that.

I just don't want that to be the end of the discussion... that's all.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekiel

In 2000 Indigenous juveniles were in juvenile corrections at a rate of 15.5 times the non-Indigenous rate

And that still doesn't mean that they cause more crimes than whites. If whites cause more of the actual number of crimes, maybe its the whites that should be dealt with.

So a group that only makes up 2% of the population, makes up around 24% of the total prison population.

That means that the vast majority of prisoners are white, and that the vast majority of crimes are carried out by whites, EVEN THOUGH they're not an oppressed class AND they're the ones that created the system that is imprisoning them in the first place.

a group of around 20 young aboriginals bashed visiting sailors with bottles and star pickets and basically anything they could get their hands on.

How many beatings of aboriginals occur without resolution?

however coming from a poor family is not an excuse for violence against an elderly man.

And being non-poor white kids isn't any excuse either. Hell, AT LEAST the aboriginals are a marginalized people. White australians on the other hand are the dominant class, and they STILL are responsible for the vast majority of crimes committed in australia.

If you could turn a lever and magically stop an equal number of either population from committing crimes, then, yeah, you'd get the most results out of using it on the aborigines. Since there AREN'T magic anti-crime levers, you have to use actual solutions to crime. To correct the causes for poorness and marginilization amoung the aborigines, would take great effort, but what's the white people's excuse in australia? You don't need to make them 'not poor', you don't need to reform an entire system so that it doesn't discriminate against them, or overhaul and entire country so that it treats them as full fledged equals. The easier way to reduce crime would be to deal with the whites, who've only taken a small 'push' to become criminals, whereas the aborigines have been given a HUGE push over the edge.

So since the whites are creating the vast majority of the crimes in the country, and they're the committing crimes over practically nothing, it'd make more sense to deal with them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join