It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing links? Missing websites?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
First off hello all... and a good eve.

My question at hand i don't know how to search for so i shall just ask. What are some of the most amazing links or threads that have disappeared. What i want to know is where they were and what information they contained. Do you believe there is a conspiracy behind them disappearing? If so lets discuss it, I have seen so many news stories posted and then yanked minutes latter. If this has been asked before please forgive me.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
My opinion on this topic is yes, it is a conspiracy. Someone published a story or article that either was not supposed to be given to the masses or it was later pulled because someone with more authority could see the chain reaction of the material in the publics hands.

I know when 911 happened the MSNBC scroll stated that a plane was shot down in Somerset County, PA. 5 minutes later it was gone. I live in that area and the reason it was initially reported to have been shot down is because there were eye witnesses to the event. When the powers that be realized the ramifications of the public having that information, it was pulled and everyone that saw it labeled 'crazy' or 'mistaken'.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
this same thing happens to me alot on here when i post information. also i get locked out of postings, i can only post once and others can post as much as they want. WHATS UP WITH THAT? don't want to hear the truth. also i noticed whatever people post on here gets looked at first then it gets posted on occasions. i think some people are red flagged, and what they say on here gets screenned and not allowed to go to certain areas or posts. well, ats, whats up with that, since you do not answer me or answer any of my questions ill say it here, so go ahead and cut this out. nope, cannot reply. only get to edit my work, now i cannot go on or say anything on this either. you know the more you mess up this website, ats the more you loose customers who come and visit your stuff. maybe you will go out of buisness, your answer to that , let me guess? you really don't care, RIGHT.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by littlebird]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
No offense Littlebird but you should stay on topic. No one will pay attention to you from now on.

Originally posted by littlebird
this same thing happens to me alot on here when i post information. also i get locked out of postings, i can only post once and others can post as much as they want. WHATS UP WITH THAT? don't want to hear the truth. also i noticed whatever people post on here gets looked at first then it gets posted on occasions. i think some people are red flagged, and what they say on here gets screenned and not allowed to go to certain areas or posts. well, ats, whats up with that, since you do not answer me or answer any of my questions ill say it here, so go ahead and cut this out. nope, cannot reply. only get to edit my work, now i cannot go on or say anything on this either. you know the more you mess up this website, ats the more you loose customers who come and visit your stuff. maybe you will go out of buisness, your answer to that , let me guess? you really don't care, RIGHT.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by littlebird]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It's A Conspiracy!

One story that got spiked still bugs the hell out of me, and that's the story of the Oklahoma Suicide Bomber:

NEWS: Explosion Kills One at University of Oklahoma

Spike: The Oklahoma Suicide Bomber

Oklahoma university suicide is confirmed terrorist event- Islamic connection- Channel 9 is source

This literally explosive story hit the national news for a day or two then mysteriously disappeared -- except for a local TV station that decided to actually investigate the story and turned up all sorts of disturbing things, like the fact that Joel Hinrichs had tried to buy the entire stock of ammonium nitrate (used to make ANFO, such as was used in the OKC bombing) from a local gardening store and was refused -- while an off-duty cop witnessed the whole thing.

Why would he need a huge amount of ANFO to commit suicide? What about his connection to a local mosque known for radical connections? And why would he deliberately blow himself up near a packed football stadium? How do they know the bomb didn't go off early and this wasn't a failed terrorist attack?

There's much more to that story, and I am convinced there was a deliberate coverup, but Your Mileage May Vary.

Is ATS Out To Suppress The Truth?

As for things disappearing from ATS, there are indeed times when we'll remove links or posts, but we only do so when there is a clear violation of the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

If you should see any staff action which seems suspicious, please don't hesitate to submit a Complaint.

No staff member should be doing anything that isn't supported by the T&C, so if you think someone is going "rogue", we want to know.

No conspiracy about that!

[edit on 1/24/2007 by Majic]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Littlebird, the staff has seen the complaint you submitted and is attempting to decipher exactly what the problem is because it's not making much sense to any of us.

I fail to see the point of submitting the complaint and then griping about it here as well, especially because it has nothing to do with this thread.

Please keep things on topic. The purpose of the complaint feature is to keep things over in it's specific forum so 1) we can see it and 2) you don't hijack other threads.

I trust you'll try to keep to that from now on.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
For an on topic post, I remember during 9/11 in the earlier part of the day one of the local NYC radio stations reported that there were at least 2 other planes that were reported hijacked as well. I found that chilling to say the least. Of course that was the only time I ever heard of it...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well it is nice to see a few official statements here! I would like to thank the two reasonable responses i have received so far. Lets try and keep them coming in.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lakewoodrealtor
First off hello all... and a good eve. My question at hand i don't know how to search for so i shall just ask. What are some of the most amazing links or threads that have disappeared. What i want to know is where they were and what information they contained. Do you believe there is a conspiracy behind them disappearing? If so lets discuss it, I have seen so many news stories posted and then yanked minutes latter. If this has been asked before please forgive me.

Hi there!

I haven't been a member of this site very long, but it seems to be run very well, esp in comparison to other sites. It's been mentioned in this site, somewhere, that a link or thread might be removed due to something in it that goes against the rules of the site, which is fully understandable.

And I do know (from personal experience
) that if something we are trying to post contains a source link from an ummmmm... errrrrr... shall we say, "less than reputable" site, a helpful moderator will pop into our mailbox and point that out, and recommend finding a different source link for what we are trying to post. In my experience, it was a news item I was trying to post, and after coming up with yet another "less than reputable" site for a source, the very patient moderator suggested a site for me to provide as my source link. I very much appreciated the help this moderator gave to me, especially since I'm still learning which sites I can trust as my sources, etc. She didn't 'have' to be so helpful, I see it as a step beyond what is required of a mod.
Some folks may have seen that experience as being critical of them or of the content they are trying to post, and perhaps see it as censoring them, or even as a conspiracy. But I don't see it that way, I see it as very helpful.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I don't think there's any type of 'conspiracies' going on in this site, just the 'reporting of' conspiracies from elsewhere.

Out on the net, now that's a different matter entirely! I don't know offhand the sites that have been 'disappeared', but I've heard and read things here and there that refer to that happening. There's one guy, (sorry I can't find that link yet... when/if I do, I'll be sure to get it to you) who has a site that he has had to put back up many times, I think he was on his 5th attempt last I checked his site. Gotta admire people like that, who have something important to say, and keep on trying, no matter how many times they are 'censored' by the powers that be.

When something is "disappeared" off the net, it's a much different story than why that happens in this site. In my opinion, when something is "disappeared" off the net by those who censor, the content very likely came too close to the truth for their comfort, or they are under orders from higher-up censors to pull any mention of "the truth". In this site we are encouraged to "talk".

Sad to say, many of the 'powers that be' out there on the net, would be very happy if the rest of us stay ignorant and blind to truth. It honestly 'chaps my hide' to see how they play with us! Look at what happened with 9-11. IMO, that was a complete fabrication, a total lie. So many people finally see the truth, because we've actually stopped to think about the whole thing, and didn't blindly accept what the 'media' told us. The same with what happened in New Orleans. Katrina didn't even HIT New Orleans, but the media would have the world believe it did, and voila, until people stop and really think about it, or start checking around for the facts about it, they blindly accept what is being fed to them.

THAT is why I love this site, we keep each other on our toes, we help each other to stop and think, we keep each other informed, we ask questions, we learn from each other, and we are no longer the blind sheep that the 'powers that be' in the world want us to be.

Peace to you!

[edit on 1/24/2007 by NotOnMyWatch]

new topics

top topics

join