It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are our dreams a gateway to another dimension?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Don't you hate those dreams where you have memories of other dreams?

i don't know if i hate them but i do feel crazy when i have recurring dreams. most of them are like a video game that i gotta get through and finish and it's exhausting.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
A slightly off topic link here but it does relate to consciousness and how it may interact with other dimensional levels. Interesting agin how the interpretational model of reality is explained (theoretically).

michaelprescott.typepad.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero

Originally posted by whatukno
Don't you hate those dreams where you have memories of other dreams?

i don't know if i hate them but i do feel crazy when i have recurring dreams. most of them are like a video game that i gotta get through and finish and it's exhausting.

Perhaps I worded that wrong, Sometimes durring my dreams something will come up in that dream that will reference a dream I had at another time.

Take last nights dream, I can't explain much of it because there arnt words to describe the images I see. But it boiled down to I had to take care of some rich persons daughter. and she hated weird al singing a certan chorous to a song which I don't ever remember hearing. So whenever that part of the song would come up I would have to drop what I was doing wherever I was and rush over there to sing that chorus.

As I was trying to escape this nightmare, The butler came up and opened the closit door where I was hiding and told me that my allarm was about to go off. I woke up one minute before my allarm clock Grr I hate that.

so to put this another way and get it on topic

The aboriginies of australia beleived that your dreams are the real world and this is the dream. So perhaps the OP was right and those instances where I have a dream that will have memories of other difrent dreams in them can show a little bit that perhaps there is something more to dreams thain just your subconcience trying to unravel the day.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Have you Guys and Gals read "Fire From Within" by by Carlos Castaneda?

I highly recomend it.

He considers the human make up to be a "bundle" of energy. Our awarness is a matter of th e alignment of this bundle of energy. There is what is known as the "Human" alignment. If we can change our alignment from the normal human alignment we can peceive different "bandwidths" of reality.

He also talks about what he calls the "Dreaming Posistion", which is the alignment that we are at when we are "dreaming."

He also maintains that we can use the Dreaming Posistion as a sprinboard to alagnments that are even further away from the "Normal" human alignment.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
SNIP
The ideas you have are very complicated and can seem very genius like at some times. The perception of other people is very strange to say the least almost as if your not looking at them but instead can feel the spiritual connection between your soul and theirs.

SNIP

mod edit: removed personal drug references
Mod edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-1-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is where our opinion differs. I dont think '___' opens the mind to new realities, I think it opens the mind WIDER to current reality. Showing, in many cases, solid states of reality which we take for granted, are infact, less solid than our minds have us believe.

Originally posted by thesaint
The ideas you have are very complicated and can seem very genius like at some times. The perception of other people is very strange to say the least almost as if your not looking at them but instead can feel the spiritual connection between your soul and theirs.

Absolutley! You feel some kind of genuine connection with your spiritual self, accompanied by a loss of ego. People often describe the feeling of "oneness" with their surroundings and innanimate objects that they have interacted with for most of their lives.

I dont think your post glorified anything. It was just an honest experiance, one that i can relate too very easily.

A side note: Ive noticed people on ATS often distance themselves from the notion of drug use. I think experimentation is a natural part of human growth. How else can we understand the interactions of our brain and reality if we do not push the limits a little?

mod edit: removed quotes containing personal drug references

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
SNIP

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Thanks for that and i must say i agree with your first comment as the way you put it.

I just remembered something else.

SNIP

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sorry I have been gone for awhile, I had alot of work that was driving me into the ground.

Saint:

I wasn't necessarily thinking of '___', as I have never used any drugs, and was thinking more along the line of natural mind capabilities............But, since you brought it up, it made me think in a different direction.

'___' may be classified as a drug, however, so is Payote(spelling?). The native americans used payote as a gateway to the spirit world. The visions they would have in their teepees would be used to guide them to what they considered the afterlife. Now while '___' is a little more hardcore than payote, I tend to agree with you, most ATS members will shy away from this topic due to it's "illegal" nature. I am not familiar of how '___' is made, nor do I care to know (don't anyone tell me, it's not necessary), however, payote is still a "medicinal" type drug, with healing properties. (So I've heard).

I think it might be entirely possible that these "drugs" might unlock more of the minds' abilities. This is totally unknown territory to me, so I cannot elaborate any more on this, you would be better able to explain it than me.

These drugs are only deemed illegal by the government anyway. I don't know the effects of '___', but i've seen some test videos of a cat on '___' that was MEEEEESSSSED UP!!

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
heres the low down. (All of this is more or less just my opinion based on usage)

The best description ive ever heard of '___' and Mescaline (mescaline is the active agent in the cactus peyote, san pedro, and peruvian torch) is this

'___' alters your preception of reality, while mescaline exadurates it.

On '___' you will see warped images, full out visual and auditory hallucinations, and vibrant colours. Hallucinations can turn any direction from happy pink bunnies to terrible monsters, all depending on seratonin production and your mood. The visualizations are less interactive than you would believe them too be while intoxicated. they seem to play out around you with disregard for you being there.

On Mescaline all colours are brighter, more vibrant, and to you, seem to be almost alive. You feel as if your seeing the world for the first time. Everything is more vivid and has a profound and powerfull impact on you while under the influence. Textures and details are accentuated and deeper than before. This is not too say you will not experiance visual hallucinations, they just arent as warped as '___' visuals. Also they tend to be more relaxing visuals, and interaction with what you see is generally in a playfull mood.

These powerfull tools can definately unlock the hidden functions of the mind. Afterall what you see while under the influence is generated wholley by your mind.

And with a jump in logic, seeing as everythign we see before us is just a chemical interaction and an electrical impulse, tangible reality is a lot less tangible than we think. If adding these chemicals to our brain chemistry can produce profound and in some cases life altering experiances, than it statds to reason that what you see while intoxicated is as real as anything while not intoxicated.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It only makes sense to me that certain plants have the capability of opening up the human mind to things they would not normally be in tune with. Just as there is a plant cure for every ailment, there so too must be a plant cure for our 'psychic blindness'. I'm guessing that's why these plants are illegal and deemed drugs.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by sky1]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I agree. Its really too bad people have accepted the stigma issued by the government.

Many experiances await those who seek them, and i do not think it takes a special kind of person to find such experiances.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Now I might be biased as I've never been a drug user in anyway shape or form but I remember reading something George Harrison said along the lines of, whereas he was glad that taking '___' initially opened his consciousness up to the spiritual he ultimately rejected drugs, deciding that trying to attain enlightenment through chemical experimentation is a dangerous shortcut and that meditation, knowlede and discipline are the only real ways to achieve it.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I don't agree that '___' is a good way to enlighten ones self. SNIP Also I have seen a friend of mine who took '___' way way way too often and I have seen what it has done to him.

This friend of mine used to be briliant. but after months and months of '___' use his mind ended up completely warped. Hes not dangerous to anyone or himself but I have seen what he has gone through and it wasnt pretty.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   

enlightenment through chemical experimentation is a dangerous shortcut and that meditation, knowlede and discipline are the only real ways to achieve it.

This was my original point too. Meditation and spiritual awareness are the only ways to acheive connection to another "life/dimension" whatever. IMHO.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
From the Terms And Conditions Of Use

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of any illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, sexual relations with minors, etc. are strictly forbidden.

Please keep this in mind when posting.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
interesting discussion. i once had a dream when i was 12 years old that i still remember to this day. never had the dream again.

in it, i was a waffen S.S. soldier, somewhere in Russia. i knew that because i looked downwards to the camoflage pattern on my jacket and cuffs, and i was carrying a rifle. orders were being barked in German and me and my comrades were running towards what looked like a Russian or Ukrainian peasant village. some of houses on fire. lots of shooting going on, so it must have been in the middle of a battle.

we entered the first house, probably to clear out the Russian soldiers in there. so i entered the house, and in there was a Russian solder in front of me. i shot him , but at the same time, he tossed a grenade. in smoke i didnt see it roll towards me until it was too late - bammm!!! ... that was it. i was dead. end of dream.

very very weird. and i was only 12. and the dream was extremely lucid in nature. plus , i dont speak German. nor am i of German extraction. i'm a British citizen of Irish extraction.

much later in life i started reading stuff about the "quantum brain" theory
en.wikipedia.org...

"The quantum mind theory is founded on the premise that quantum theory is necessary to fully understand the mind and brain, particularly concerning an explanation of consciousness."

now that theory has no proof - its just an interesting idea at this stage. but *if* the brain really is interacting at a quantum level - then it is hard wired into the fabric of the universe, beyond space and time. so, who knows? maybe some dreams that we have really are flashbacks from other times and places. and indeed maybe the Shamens of ancient tribes really were onto something when they went into trances and went into the "spirit world"...

[edit on 28-1-2007 by netron]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i had a dream over the weekend that my hair had not been cut.

sounds trivial - but in our "real" world i went to barbers and got my hair cut. but the dream was about me having a dream that my hair was cut. so my dreamworld self was having a dream about my "reality". in the dream my dreamself dremt i was having a haircut. so , thats a dream within a dream within a dream... i think.

weird out.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
So glad that i found this site as i have had many strange dreams in relation to what a lot of you are saying. And yes in a lot of dreams i DO return to the same places...

Some simple stuff is that i am always saving others in my dreams, putting my life before theirs. But that is just simple.. In my dreams i have seen things even your imagination can't invision.. I have seen skies full of stars and planets and nebulas that would bring tears to your eyes at the pure sight of them. They were so amazing and magnificent i can not describe how this sight made me feel but it was amazing! I have had dreams that i remember so clearly so they must mean something... I remember an ever watchful eye, like an Egyptian hyroglyph but not like you have seen.. An ever watchful eye that one day dominates the world, i have been there in my dreams and i have seen it i even tried to fight it many times. It's like aquatic things such as squids but they were mechanical/ robitic and what not, over New York City.

What i am about to tell you may make me look like a freak or whatever but i don't care really because i know what i saw!!

One day i was washing the dishes in my kitchen and i started to get random yet un-obtainible flashes in my head. I thought they may be memories from a good night with a few beers. So i shrugged it off with a curious smile and i started to make my brain remember what it had forgotten as i was confused because it was hiding these flashes before i could decipher them properly...

After about 30 minutes of tryin to make it remember.. Well that was it.. All of a sudden my mind was flooded with images.. Images that both scared and excited me.. They braught tears to my eyes from what i was feeling..
I saw Egypt.. Charcoal black pyramids yet they glistened in the light... The skies were blood red, constant sand storms.. I saw a mighty emporer, he looked at me, i remember he had a bald head and had lots of ancient jewerlery about him as well as a robe but i only saw his tourso.
Then i was in pitch blackness.. Nothing but a long winding white road, a few sub-urben houses scattered on either side. On the path stood a man and a small boy, he had his hand on the boys opposite shoulder.

They were one of many visions and they braught tears to my eyes, i had to turn my music up real loud to try and make my mind drown these visions out.. It took me about an hour to do so..

All of my mums side of the family is psychic so maybe that's why i could see these things but i don't know..

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Tactical-Siege]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sky1

Another thing, after thinking about RobotFires post, there are times when I wake up from 'flying' and I still feel the way I did while in flight. The flying occurs when I am dreaming about being someone else. What makes the flying part all the more strange to me is that I am deathly afraid of heights, to the point where I get sick if I get to close to the upper level railing at the mall. That fear does not exist in my dreams.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've observed something.
You dream of flying, yet you are afraid of heights.
Your user name and avatar depict a love of flying, and the sky, the heavens.
I wonder if you subconsciously want to conquer your fear, so you do it in your dreams.
It's like me. I adore water and pools, yet am frightened of them.
I've had gorgeous dreams where I am a mermaid, or just in a beautiful body of water. I know how much I'd love to conquer this fear, so I dream about it.
Just a thought.
Our subconscious has a way of letting us in on things...

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Spiralina]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join