It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are our dreams a gateway to another dimension?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
KingAlbrect79:

Yep !

And the simultaneous lives do not necessarily have to be lived in chronological order. Not all of them, anyway.

For example (in the one Mind for many Brains idea) one life may be being lived in AD 503, another in 2007.

The 2007-life may have a dream/vision of a seemingly 'previous life' in AD 503. The current explanation is that the AD503 experience is a 'past life'. When in fact it may be a *simultaneous* life.

Because the alleged Past, Present and Future may all be occurring simultaneously also, in the same way different radio-stations are all being transmitted at the same time on our radio, despite that we only tune-into one at a time.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Time manipulation?

I personally have manipulated time in some Lucid Dreams, moving forward or backward in the dream with relative acuracy. Or then theres always those bad dreams where i get stuck in slow motion while everything around me remains in normal time...i think those are common dreams among others aswell...

So if you were able to change the course of time during these dreams, then it would stand to reason that you could essentially "fast forward" to a point far beyond and enter the pre-cognative realm?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Present and Future may all be occurring simultaneously also, in the same way different radio-stations are all being transmitted at the same time on our radio, despite that we only tune-into one at a time.

Very interesting, I never thought about it that way. Good analogy!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
Whatukno, would you care to elaborate on these dreams of yours? It could offer some insight as to what you might be able to do something about it. It could be a message to you, or from you, depending on how you look at it.

Are these dreams violent? Or are they just flashes of random frightening occurences?

Sometimes the subconcious mind sends messages to us through our dreams and the concious mind has difficulty interpreting them into a way that is reasonably linked to reality. Is it possible that these frightening dreams could be past life occurences, maybe a horrible end to one unfortunate life?

My brother had this happen. He had a past life regression, and his daughter and his wife are directly linked to him through this past life. In the past life, he and his now daughter burned to death in a fire to which he was trying to save her. Her spirit came back as his daughter due to this event.

Where to begin...

I often have dreams where I am fighting hords armed only with a sword.

People that I don't recognise or I don't remember seing in my day to day life often rush up to scream at me or in general confront me.

I have seen things in my dreams that I couldent even possibly put into words but the short of it is Imagine hell only a thousand times worse thain anyone has ever told you and you might scratch the surface of the nighmares that haunt my dreams.

I have these vivid dreams so often that in order to get a good nights sleep I have to get stone cold drunk LOL but I don't like to do that often. That way at least I don't remember my dreams.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
some of this topic reminds me of donnie darko. such a good movie. ok, back to thread.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79

So if you were able to change the course of time during these dreams, then it would stand to reason that you could essentially "fast forward" to a point far beyond and enter the pre-cognative realm?

I wouldnt go that far,
And more than often when i do have lucid dreams with time manipulation in play, i would be going backwards. Regardless of the Lucidity (is that even a word?) of the dream, there always seemed to be an ending point, or plot to the dream. It was my actions that i could manipulate. I could essentially redo a scence in a dream 2 or more times untill the outcome went moreorless my way. i should also point out that many if not all lucid dreams ive had started out as nightmares.

I never purposely entered a lucid state, but found i was in one when my external body temprature was high , not feaverish, just abnormally high. I often attributed this to the beginning of teh dream being a nightmare.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
But look Lucid dreaming means that you can control your dreams. If you are able to do this then that means its your "reality". There is no rules, which means you are able to create and answer a problem with a solution of your choice in that "dream state". It is your subconscious that dreams originate ideas when you don't have the answers to the problem in your dream. There is no set "time" but a "feeling" of time moving in a direction. I do not see it as another "dimension" but as another "life" and/or "reality" that I am able to control.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by jwater88]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jwater88
But look Lucid dreaming means that you can control your dreams. If you are able to do this then that means its your "reality". There is no rules, which means you are able to create and answer a problem with a solution of your choice in that "dream state". It is your subconscious that dreams originate ideas when you don't have the answers to the problem in your dream. There is no set "time" but a "feeling" of time moving in a direction. I do not see it as another "dimension" but as another "life" and/or "reality" that I am able to control.

Maybe time is just the wrong wording altogether? As time is a quantifiable system. Maybe you said it best "time moving in a direction". THe flow of time and the order event occur in is as close to quantifying time within a dream as i can think of.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I've had a strange conscious dream experience that has left a lasting impression. I'm not sure if I can adequetely describe it, but it involved two false awakenings:

I woke up (false awakening #1) to find myself in a bed on the second story of a house and was being called downstairs by my family to eat breakfast, and this was as real as anything I've ever experienced in waking life. The freaky part was, it felt so normal and mundane, yet I was a young female! (I'm male in waking life and have never lived in a two story house)

I then fell asleep on that bed and woke up (false awakening #2) again somewhere else but quickly realized that I was actually still asleep. A bit confused, I concentrated on my physical body and immediately felt like I was floating up from the bottom of a deep pool of water. When this surfacing feeling ended, I was back in my physical body, but for a short time could actually see through my closed eyes to the ceiling, which was slowly rotating.

It is the only time I can remember having a false awakening and I was as conscious during it that I am now typing this. I have often wondered if I was seeing another life that I had lived, or will live, or am living concurently.

[edit on 013131p://upWednesday by Will To Power]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Will To Power
I've had a strange conscious dream experience that has left a lasting impression. I'm not sure if I can adequetely describe it, but it involved two false awakenings:

I woke up (false awakening #1) to find myself in a bed on the second story of a house and was being called downstairs by my family to eat breakfast, and this was as real as anything I've ever experienced in waking life. The freaky part was, it felt so normal and mundane, yet I was a young female! (I'm male in waking life and have never lived in a two story house)

I then fell asleep on that bed and woke up (false awakening #2) again somewhere else but quickly realized that I was actually still asleep. A bit confused, I concentrated on my physical body and immediately felt like I was floating up from the bottom of a deep pool of water. When this surfacing feeling ended, I was back in my physical body, but for a short time could actually see through my closed eyes to the ceiling, which was slowly rotating.

It is the only time I can remember having a false awakening and I was as conscious during it that I am now typing this. I have often wondered if I was seeing another life that I had lived, or will live, or am living concurently.

[edit on 013131p://upWednesday by Will To Power]

you had what seems like a start to a Out of body experience coming from a dream state.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

That would be your immediate surroundings, I am speaking more of a little broader than that. Can you think of anything around you in this room that is out of the ordinary, say funny-looking furnature or futuristic table-top gadgets? How old are you now? That alone could be a clue as to when/where this dream might take place.

No, no, no. This happened in the physical

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I have considered my dreams being a gateway to another dimension and another life before. Often I dream of returning to a place that I have been before in my dreams, it is usually comforting to return, like returning to see your family and friends after being away for 16 hours.

Unfortunately I dont always go to this place and for about the past year I have been having terrible dreams. Usually I wake up around 3 AM from having a nightmare almost everynight. It is pretty strange. For instance last night I dreamt I was in my house and I saw something moving in the walls. Another 2 nights in a row I dreamt there were zombies everywhere.

The scary part is that I moved into my new home in September of 2006 and all of my nightmares revolve around my house. From people breaking in to harm my family to ghosts and zombies, they all happen at or near my home.

I am conditionally attributing a certain percentage of my dreams recently to my current life style. I think my mind is playing around with my awaking subcon fears.

I think dreams fall into the life equation that is: 44% 44% and 8%.

44% of the time you visit an alternate reality.
44% of the time it is your mind busy messing things up.
8% of the time you just dont know.

It just doesnt add up.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Wow, there is a lot here....

Originally posted by Dock6
When I wake up after one of these dreams, it's quite a tug, having to leave 'that world' behind and accept I'm back in 'this' world. Not that anything particularly momentous occurs in the dream-location. It looks virtually the same as 'this' world. The people in the other place look and behave like people in this world. The other place is well-ordered and logical. There's none of the usual 'mixed-upness' that occurs in ordinary dreams. Basically, I go somewhere else occasionally when I'm asleep and when I wake up, I KNOW I've been to someplace that DOES exist, be it a parallel reality or other dimension or whatever.

I REALLY like being in the other-place, although when I'm there, it feels just ordinary and natural. It's only after I wake up that I suffer a sense of loss.

That is exactly how I feel after I dream of being someone else. A good example is one of the dreams I had last night.....

I was a young man, 20's, shaved head. I was in a hospital like place with my girlfriend. Her uncle had just passed but she had found out on his death bed that he was really her father. I was comforting her, she was crying and telling me how unfair it is that she'll never get to ask him all the things she wanted to. She was always greatly affected by growing up without a dad. I didn't know it, but it felt as though her mother wasn't around to explain anything to her, as if she may have passed as well.

When I woke from this dream I felt sad and I found myself wanting to go back, as if I were still that person and I was just ripped away from her when she needed me the most.

Just so everyone gets a better understanding of me....we don't watch tv in our house, I haven't interacted with anyone in a similar situation, I don't use any form of drug, prescription or otherwise, I don't smoke or drink and I certainly don't know where it comes from.

What Dock6 is saying about simultaneous lives does make a lot of sense though, it just 'feels' right, that explanation.

Originally posted by InSpiteOf

It was my actions that i could manipulate. I could essentially redo a scence in a dream 2 or more times untill the outcome went moreorless my way. i should also point out that many if not all lucid dreams ive had started out as nightmares.

Amazing! My husband does the exact same thing. he also said he knows if he is dreaming or not by attempting to turn on a light switch, if it doesn't turn on, he's in a dream. He's gotten up numerous times in the middle of the night, flicking switches, only to ask me if I were real. When he is satisfied that he is in fact in 'reality' he falls back to sleep.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by sky1]

mod edit: fixed formatting

[edit on 25-1-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I don't know how I managed to get that all in a quote box....sorry

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sky1

Amazing! My husband does the exact same thing. he also said he knows if he is dreaming or not by attempting to turn on a light switch, if it doesn't turn on, he's in a dream. He's gotten up numerous times in the middle of the night, flicking switches, only to ask me if I were real. When he is satisfied that he is in fact in 'reality' he falls back to sleep.

When i have bad dreams, which as i stated, often turn lucid or start out lucid, i use the good old pinch test, or i try and read something, realize i cant, and then attempt to wake myslef up.

Its interesting to see so many people have similar occurances, and their brains have developed "tells" or ways of discrening between the two phases of reality.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Absoloutly!

There are many copies of "us" that when In a dream state we can access these memories/share the experiance of.

I've always had "them" dreams and you know there different to normal dreams.

its funny this has cropped up, because

over the past 3 years, I've been having dreams of my Imidiate area within a 5-10 mile radius, its Similar I'm similar but theres a consistant Difference, Different Shops/People/Buildings and Curcumstances,

now heres the intresting part!

IT never changes, I've been getting them more frequently each month and I'm getting to know the people there, where all the places are, Weird Shops and a Slightly Different Culture and artistic view than whats really here in this city.

Theres nothing in the dream about me that Correlated to real life, as in ,in the dream I don't have a job, and thoughts of my job never arrise.

My bank there is in a different building under a different name ANd I dont question that, I never think wheres Barclays bank.

Why Because this IS A different me, and Memories of THIS me are never present.

the city seems like its from another time period, not vastly, just its got that feeling of difference like when you look at pics of your town in the 70's. it has a different feel to it, this one seems somwhat in the future but not really in an advanced way.

every time I have these dreams all the shops are there and the people, the same ones but not the ones that are here in real life.

I'd say Theres about 6 Different Me's and Earthes that I have dreams about all with there own set of rules and Charictoristics.

I always look forward to these dreams trying to find out more about these places.

So yes, Its a lot more than a dream, these places ARE real, thewre must be somthing where you can access these other Minds of the same me whan in a dream state,

Also there are dreams where It's a new place but it all seems straingly familir like I've been there before, but I know I havent...Ever had that, I get it all the time

[edit on 24-1-2007 by TrentReznor]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yeah, the feeling of 'knowing' a place you've never been, I get that too.

I've never, however, had the same dream 'person', it's always a different person and I never go back to the same place. I wish I could! Mine have just started within the past 6 months, so maybe I'm just a 'newbie' at it and it will progress.

Trent, yours really sounds like an alternate reality.

I'm not able to control myself in dreams though, like Robot or my husband, I wish I could do that too. My husband can wake himself at will, which I find fascinating.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Don't you hate those dreams where you have memories of other dreams?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
what/who are you? can one imagine if we hooked you up to a machine that could somehow delete your knowledge/memories from you, and they started to delete things like your name, your past, all that stuff. when they came to the last thought/idea/knowledge, would you cease to exist? would everything just go black? i choose no.

i would think that when people think about who they are, they only come up with thoughts. the secret is that we/you/i are actually pure consciousness/awareness.

that is why even if we lose all knowledge of worldly things, we still exist, as the watcher/the knower/the actor/the DREAMER.

So, in a way, this current identity that i have in my daily life has nothing/no-thing to do with me. That is why i can exist as "another person" in my dreams. This also explains past lives/future lives.

The world/level of form is public/dense, so even though it is a dream, we see the same/similar/slowly changing things everyday, and believe it to be real. Yet everything is slowly changing/eroding/dying/growing. I feel that this is all influenced by all of us, our collective consciousness. But because of its density, it takes either "strong" focus or "time" to see the effects of your consciousness on the world.

But in the dream state, everything is less dense, and quicker to change. Like ice to water to steam. It is still you but focusing on a different vibration/level of consciousness.

I have seen a lot of discussion about how dreaming and lucid dreaming are one and the same as astral projection/phasing, just consciousness exploring other areas of consciousness.

I hope that I haven't confused anybody with these words.

a nice quote about the nature of reality...

row row row your boat gently down the steam,
merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What you said about collective consciousness reminds me of the book Mists of Avalon, where Avalon slowly fades to another realm of existence because the thoughts of the people were focusing more on Christianity.

The more I read these posts, the more excited I am to go to sleep....lol.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join