It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REMEMBER, it was the TROOPS who found Saddam NOT BUSH!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I am VERY proud of our troops. SOme may think they got lucky when finding Saddam. I don't. As anti-war as I have been I have ALWAYS supported out troops. Always.It just makes me sick to see Bush take credit for finding Saddam.Did he lay out a plan?No. Did he have advise & take part of the capture?No.Yes, its a victory we found him & I don't see how this is suppose to make anti-war critics of Bush look foolish.Noreiga & Milosivic were also mad men who were captured.I think it was only a matter of time(although we've been looking since March. How many deaths have occured since then?)

Something tells me this is far from over.Things could get very bad now.Anyway, I've been reading alot about how this is all to Bush's credit.I disagree.we have always knownsince that going to war that Saddam was our target. If we found WMD, then yes, that would be different. I am very happy we found Saddam. But I'd feel even happier if we found Osama instead.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
.....it has not mattered for four years now. So, the spin will be running at 1000000 rpms; just look at Fox News to see how it's going to be scripted.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
No one person or organization can take credit for somthing like this. Without the troops, Saddam would never have been found. Without the Commander-in-Chief, the troops would not even have the opportunity. Without average citizens, the troops would have no motivation. Without politics, there would be no organized way to assemble troops, commanders, or average people. Without Republicans, without Democrats, without Independents, there are no politics.

Don't try to discredit anyone. You had part in it too.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
But Bush is using this capture for his own gain just like he's used 9/11 to his own benefit.People fall into the corporate/conservative media spin & easily loose focus. All day today I plan on reminding people We have the BEST Military in the world & the worst leader in the world & the Best Military is making the worst leader look good.I am very excited about Saddam's capture but its naturally asumed because I'm happy I MUST support Bush. I do Not. I don't see the connection between his capture & Bush.How is Bush right about the war because we captured Saddam? I'd be singing a totally different tune if we found WMD, but this is not what happened.

Praise our troops today & celebrate THEIR victory!!!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by romantico
But Bush is using this capture for his own gain just like he's used 9/11 to his own benefit.People fall into the corporate/conservative media spin & easily loose focus. All day today I plan on reminding people We have the BEST Military in the world & the worst leader in the world & the Best Military is making the worst leader look good.I am very excited about Saddam's capture but its naturally asumed because I'm happy I MUST support Bush. I do Not. I don't see the connection between his capture & Bush.How is Bush right about the war because we captured Saddam? I'd be singing a totally different tune if we found WMD, but this is not what happened.

I'd have to say we do not have the best military in the world. It is definatly the most 'high-tech' military, but probably not the best trained.

I do not believe we have the world leader in the world. You have to remember also, the president is not the leader of our country. He is just the head & symbol of the executive branch. Presidents are like quarterbacks, they get too much credit when things go right, and too much blame when things go wrong. Saddam Hussien, in my opinion, would hold the 'worst leader in the world award'. Not only for the massive number of executions he ordered, but because he was a coward and gave himself up, without a fight, to his enemy. He betrayed his country.

Bush is, however, the leader of the military. You must recognize him for that. In the military, if somthing goes wrong it flows all the way up the chain of command. That is why punishments are so harsh. The same goes for anything that goes right. Credit goes all the way up the chain. Bush is the leader, he gets some credit, probably a bit more than he deserves.

Catching Hussien looks good in the eyes of the people, it helps his campaign. I realize the dems are going to fight it, but I would have to say they've lost this one already.(but don't quote me on that)

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Funny how when it goes right the libs go around beating the "Bush didn't find Saddam, the troops did" drum. When he was still on the run these same people were beating the "Bush can't even find Saddam" drum.
You can't have it both ways. (Even in liberal la la land.)

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yeah,
no #?
you don't say.
I thought the president was supposed to go from bunker to bunker himself looking for saddam.

this thread is so stupid, i'm eating my own #ing arm.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by romantico

You don't see the connection??? WAKE UP....HELLO!!
If it wasn't for Bush, Saddam would still be in power. And Bush isn't taking the credit....he is giving the credit to the troops.:shk:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
burn burn burn the Bush.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
Without the troops, Saddam would never have been found. Without the Commander-in-Chief, the troops would not even have the opportunity.

very nicly said...

i agree with you...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Funny how when it goes right the libs go around beating the "Bush didn't find Saddam, the troops did" drum. When he was still on the run these same people were beating the "Bush can't even find Saddam" drum.
You can't have it both ways. (Even in liberal la la land.)

ah yes we shouldnt get the libs both ways...

they always change the position everytime something happens...

fisrt they pass the resolution...

then they oppess the resolution...

and now this...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The Boston Tea Party was terrorist activity.

Much of our origin was.

The difference between partriotism and terrorism, is what side you're on.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
If we were invaded right now, do you think Bush would pull a gun on troops who were surrounding him? No, he would run his pansy ass to some mountain and hide too.

We liberals keep you publicans in check, thats all.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
No one person or organization can take credit for somthing like this. Without the troops, Saddam would never have been found. Without the Commander-in-Chief, the troops would not even have the opportunity. Without average citizens, the troops would have no motivation. Without politics, there would be no organized way to assemble troops, commanders, or average people. Without Republicans, without Democrats, without Independents, there are no politics.

Don't try to discredit anyone. You had part in it too.

i think the 4ID should get the credit

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
osamas day's comming. patience young grass hopper

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
how anyone can say bushing isnt giving credit where its due is blind deaf and dumb.

in his statement sunday afternoon he specifically credited the troops and the intelligence agents in iraq for their hard work in tracking him down and capturing him.

maybe if you bothered to hear his statement you would have known that and you wouldnt have assumed what it is that you are assuming and this thread wouldnt even exist.

and dont DARE accuse one politician of using a situation for their own gain.

who was it pray tell who was rallyed around the negative round table saying "he cant find saddam, he cant find osama, he isnt getting any results!"??? who was it who accused him of having a bad foreign policy BEFORE we got saddam and after is now back pedaling acting as if they supported him the entire time?

who voted FOR the war in iraq and then said we shouldnt be there? (kerry, daschle, hillary...in case your memory is slipping)

bush didnt gloat over this, in fact noone in his administartion has or will. they are happy about this but have enough maturity not to be spiteful and throw kerry's, hillary's, dean's, daschle's, gore's, sharpton's, clark's, lieberman's words right back in their face.

the stock market is on the rise, the economy is coming back, we now have saddam. bush's plans are coming to fruition. how? by being patient and staying the course. not rushing in expecting results in one week and then cutting and running. he's thinking positively and acting positively, not negatively like the head democrats who are relying on america and bush failing and being miserable to get more supporters. he knows full well what he wants to get done will take longer than a week or a month. it will take years. some of you people have extremely unrealistic expectations for bush and no matter what he does right you will never be happy.

america's and bush's successes are like poison to the democrats. after calling bush a failure for so long and now that we are seeing the results he is trying to obtain, it is apparent with each day the democrats have less and less to whine about.

first they bash him over and over over not having found saddam and now that we have him they downplay it and says it doesnt mean anything, it hasnt made us safer and its not a big deal but it was BEFORE we got him wasnt it? so big in fact they brought it up week in and week out. not even 24 hours after the news breaks out that we have him they are hammering him again, where's osama? where's the WMD? they never stop. he has done more than they thought he was capable of doing and yet they still hammer him, they still doubt him, they still bash him without shame.

after letting ted kennedy author the latest education bill and giving senior citizens the BIGGEST drug entitlement in history (which the AARP endorsed, and the democrats flamed the AARP for it) they STILL hate him. in fact they hate him more. he is taking their issues away from them and taking care of them himself! and they cant stand it! deny it all you want but he has shown more compassion than they have in some respects. you would have thought everyone would have been happy senior citizens were getting the biggest drug entitlement in history but the democrats werent, why? because social security and medicare are THEIR issues and bush took it away from them and gave seniors what they wanted and they HATE him for it.

kennedy wrote the latest education bill (which passed into law) and STILL the democrats want more. including kennedy himself!

bush has bent over backwards and has done as much as any person could expect from him to cooperate with democrats and work with them and they still arent happy. whats good for americans and bush is bad for democrats and they cant stand to see bush winning the war in iraq, they cant stand to see bush taking issues away from them and handling them better than they have. they cant stand to see the economy make a come back from fear it will make people think "hey the economy is making a come back! maybe bush IS doing a good job" they are doom and gloom naysayers who only live to see americans lose more jobs, they want the economy to stay bad or get worse, they want bush to fail in iraq (we have saddam cant do much better than that!). they want something bad to happen to us in the hopes that people will buy into their BS.

so dont give me that BS that bs isnt giving credit where's its due and is using this for his own gain. the democrats the past 24 hours have been doing spin doctoring, back pedaling and twisting this for THEIR own gain. they barely acknowledged his success and did so begrudgingly.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
how anyone can say bushing isnt giving credit where its due is blind deaf and dumb.

in his statement sunday afternoon he specifically credited the troops and the intelligence agents in iraq for their hard work in tracking him down and capturing him.

maybe if you bothered to hear his statement you would have known that and you wouldnt have assumed what it is that you are assuming and this thread wouldnt even exist.

and dont DARE accuse one politician of using a situation for their own gain.

who was it pray tell who was rallyed around the negative round table saying "he cant find saddam, he cant find osama, he isnt getting any results!"??? who was it who accused him of having a bad foreign policy BEFORE we got saddam and after is now back pedaling acting as if they supported him the entire time?

who voted FOR the war in iraq and then said we shouldnt be there? (kerry, daschle, hillary...in case your memory is slipping)

bush didnt gloat over this, in fact noone in his administartion has or will. they are happy about this but have enough maturity not to be spiteful and throw kerry's, hillary's, dean's, daschle's, gore's, sharpton's, clark's, lieberman's words right back in their face.

the stock market is on the rise, the economy is coming back, we now have saddam. bush's plans are coming to fruition. how? by being patient and staying the course. not rushing in expecting results in one week and then cutting and running. he's thinking positively and acting positively, not negatively like the head democrats who are relying on america and bush failing and being miserable to get more supporters. he knows full well what he wants to get done will take longer than a week or a month. it will take years. some of you people have extremely unrealistic expectations for bush and no matter what he does right you will never be happy.

america's and bush's successes are like poison to the democrats. after calling bush a failure for so long and now that we are seeing the results he is trying to obtain, it is apparent with each day the democrats have less and less to whine about.

first they bash him over and over over not having found saddam and now that we have him they downplay it and says it doesnt mean anything, it hasnt made us safer and its not a big deal but it was BEFORE we got him wasnt it? so big in fact they brought it up week in and week out. not even 24 hours after the news breaks out that we have him they are hammering him again, where's osama? where's the WMD? they never stop. he has done more than they thought he was capable of doing and yet they still hammer him, they still doubt him, they still bash him without shame.

after letting ted kennedy author the latest education bill and giving senior citizens the BIGGEST drug entitlement in history (which the AARP endorsed, and the democrats flamed the AARP for it) they STILL hate him. in fact they hate him more. he is taking their issues away from them and taking care of them himself! and they cant stand it! deny it all you want but he has shown more compassion than they have in some respects. you would have thought everyone would have been happy senior citizens were getting the biggest drug entitlement in history but the democrats werent, why? because social security and medicare are THEIR issues and bush took it away from them and gave seniors what they wanted and they HATE him for it.

kennedy wrote the latest education bill (which passed into law) and STILL the democrats want more. including kennedy himself!

bush has bent over backwards and has done as much as any person could expect from him to cooperate with democrats and work with them and they still arent happy. whats good for americans and bush is bad for democrats and they cant stand to see bush winning the war in iraq, they cant stand to see bush taking issues away from them and handling them better than they have. they cant stand to see the economy make a come back from fear it will make people think "hey the economy is making a come back! maybe bush IS doing a good job" they are doom and gloom naysayers who only live to see americans lose more jobs, they want the economy to stay bad or get worse, they want bush to fail in iraq (we have saddam cant do much better than that!). they want something bad to happen to us in the hopes that people will buy into their BS.

so dont give me that BS that bs isnt giving credit where's its due and is using this for his own gain. the democrats the past 24 hours have been doing spin doctoring, back pedaling and twisting this for THEIR own gain. they barely acknowledged his success and did so begrudgingly.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I(ncredible. Bush is using this to his polical gain? Really? How, by not espousing how he made this possible, and by not bringing this to his own glory, he is using this to his politcal gain? Come now.

Just who is going to use this for political gain? Better yet, until this nab, who was using the heck out of the war for political gain? Now, after the nabbing of Hussein, who is having to backpeddle, or try to do so? Of course, he's having a devil of a time doing so while the rst of the democratic rivals are bum-rushing his stupid butt!!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
They guy they caught is not Mr Hussein.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Now of course Bush is using this for political gain, that's the entire undertone of this conflict. It's going to go on for much longer than Bush likes i fear though. I also think that Bush is in over his head, it's going to be hard to take the sad man to trial even with evidence out the wazoo, where are we going to try him? can't do it in America, we used way to many illeagle means to obtain him and we'd piss off too many foreign nations, are we going to try him in the UN's world court...can't do that, we'd be accused of rigging it, perhaps we should let the people of Iraq do with him as they please?
Osama is hiding in Pakistan, and it's going to be who of our governement to decide just how far we want to take this hunt, even if that means we invade another country.
This is Excalibur signing off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join