It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American kids experimented on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Just read here that children at the New York City orphanage have been experimented on. The children who have HIV have taken part in trials of new experimental HIV drugs without their parent/guardians consent.

news.bbc.co.uk
When I first heard the story of the "guinea pig kids", I instinctively refused to believe that it could be happening in any civilised country, particularly the United States, where the propensity for legal action normally ensures a high level of protection.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It reminds me of the MKULTRA experiments on canadian orphans.

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Wards of the state are just that, wards of the state. The state is their legal guardian, and has all the rights of a parent (more in most cases).

It's disturbing legal territory, nevermind the ethics, when the state can sign up children in its care for all sorts of dangerous/disgusting programs.

The state can mandate an abortion, as we saw in that Florida case not too long ago, if the mother-to-be is a ward of the state. The state can mandate drug regimens too, incarceration, relocation...

The state makes a terrible parent, and this story is a good example of that fact.

The last thing we need is for the state to be 'taking care' of kids. There are a lot of terrible parents in this country, but the state is NO BETTER. If a kid has to be removed from a home, I don't see the sense in putting taking them out of the frying pan just to put them into the fire. There are thousands upon thousands of loving homes that could accept these kids...

Of course there aren't enough homes, enough good parents, to go around, but that could change, I think. A good first step, in any case, would be to take away DCS/ACS/DCFS Gestapo powers. They're running amok...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I find this to be disturbing.
Although your title "American" Kids isnt needed.
The fact that its kids is a disturbing problem.
No matter if the kids are from America,Iraq,China or Mars.
Kids shouldnt be used as lab rats,period.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Lab rats have PETA, these kids have no one. It's sickening.

new topics

top topics

join