It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of the Union Address-Your thoughts?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaaa
I just couldn't follow the speech.
The words are usually a bunch of meaningless drivel for this event.
What arrested my attention was Nancy Pelosi and her incessant blinking; I mean, you have to struggle to work your eyelids that fast.
Was she sending subliminal messages?

LOL...Im glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. To me she is just down right creepy. She is so fake that she makes Dick Cheney seem warm and genuine by comparison, and that is no easy task. These will be some dark days ahead for us all.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Pelosi was blinking... Cheney was bored and Rice looked like she wanted to kill everyone... or she was practising her Godzilla's face.

The state of the union was so utter BS. The economy is well, yeah right. The wages are increasing, yeah right. Hell, he said Iran 6 times! Iran blablabla... Al-Qaeda... Iraq... freedom... That's just ridiculous. And he's calling for 93.000 more troops, I hope that the neo-cons go to war so they can die for THEIR cause and let the other live for some asshat in the white house.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
man how many times have we heard him say, america is on the verge of ending its dependency on oil, pull the other one. thats never going to happen in the short term, as his and others pockets are being lined.

just another speech, rheteric. words are so easy to say, aren't they.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I thought Sen. Webb's response after the SOU was exceptional. He laid it all out concisely and clearly. I especially liked his pointing out that Bush has promoted 'alternative energy initiatives' in the last seven SOU speeches and has yet to do anything. Typical.

Dark days ahead someone said? Wake up. The dark days are here. Pretty much everything that follows will simply be the consequences of the path we as a country have been dragged down.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
I still can't shake the feeling when I listen to him talk (and Dick Cheney, and Condi Rice and all the hawks, for that matter) that he is projecting his own behavior onto his perceived enemies in order to legitimize continued conflict.
By their fruits ye shall know them.

Icarus, I think you've hit the nail on the head right there. I have thought that for a long time, too. I find that whole lot disturbing...

I didn't watch the SOTU speech, I usually don't any more. It's hard for me to watch that idiot for an hour and painful to hear him mangle the English language.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
My response can be summed up in three words...BlahBlahBlah.

Then there is we can co-operate (yeah right, shouldn't have been locking Dems out of committee meetings, bill writing, policy decisions and the like for the past 6 years, what goes around comes around)

Trust me...ROFLMAO

All we are saying is give war a chance... sing along now!!! Give me Lennon's version any day.

Tax cuts are working... even with the war the budget would be balanced if not for those cuts so says the GAO... SO it begs the question...Who are those tax cuts working for?

Once again long on promises... but once again he will be short on delivery. He still seems to think is all he has to do is say he's doing something and the American people will believe him so he really doesn't have to do anything at all.

All he ever does is spill blood and lie.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I still can't shake the feeling when I listen to him talk (and Dick Cheney, and Condi Rice and all the hawks, for that matter) that he is projecting his own behavior onto his perceived enemies in order to legitimize continued conflict.

By their fruits ye shall know them.

Well ya know the whole of the hard right is like that... they are masters of projection... whatever they accuse the Dems and liberals of is exactly what they are guilty of. They do it all the time.

Exactly..."By their fruits ye shall know them." That... is the ultimate acid test.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
man how many times have we heard him say, america is on the verge of ending its dependcy on oil, pull the other one. thats never going to happen in the short term, as his and others pockets are being lined.

just another speech, rheteric. words are so easy to say, aren't they.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by andy1033]

Completely agree. Didn't he mention reducing gasoline consumption or oil consumption 20% in the next ten years? (I think thats what he said, please correct me if i am wrong).

Is this effective? 20% in ten years? Can't they do better than that? Frankly, I dont think this is good enough.

What do u guys think?

[edit on 24-1-2007 by LuDaCrIs]

JSR

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
he never said we are going to go to war with iran, or syria.

but, iranian pes. did say this.

www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
I was mostly interested in what he had to say regarding Iraq and Iran. What disturbed me the most was he seemed to be alluding to the increase of civilian soldiers which for me translated into mercenaries.

This is potentially disturbing -- why? because they would operate under different "rules of engagement'. This also means that private companies continue to make a profit from this war.

He also suggested that he wanted to more house to house searches. This will not win the hearts and the minds of the locals -- I can assure you. It also increases the risks for the soldiers. If this is his new direction - it sucks.

I totally agree. I was disturbed when I heard him mention the whole civilians with "skills" voluntering for the core. Perhaps a prelude to something much more sinister.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I agree, that was the most disturbing part of the speech for me, as well.

He wants a reserve of civilian contractors, with special skills, here at home ready to go wherever needed, to back up the military and the needs of the government in the WOT?

Sounds to me a lot like the Brown Shirts roaming the streets of Germany in the '30s, dealing with dissent for Hitler. I hate to say it, but that was the first thing that came to mind when he said that.

Imbued with such devotion to Hitler, the Nazi Brown Shirts have, under his command, carried out a revolution which can be ranked with the Bolshevik and the Fascist Revolutions.
Brown Shirts

Humble thanks to forestlady and grover for seeing the point of my first post so clearly.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I thought his speech was "GREAT"....

I can only look at this guy and then think about how many people elected him and then shake my head and hope that these people are not breeding becuse it only means they are spreading. I think we need scientist to try to isolate this genetic stupidity DNA code and search for a cure.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by tsloan]

[edit on 24-1-2007 by tsloan]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
You know what that means right? He expects this war to jump up a notch or two. If he wants reserve oil to maintain Americas infrastructure from 30 days to 60 days thats pretty big. Think about what would have to happen to stop that much oil from coming into the country. These reserves arent so you and I can continue to drive to the store or so we can fly to Florida for the Winter. The strategic oil reserve is for basic energy, basic industry and the military.

Sept 11th is what mad up create a reserve for 30 days.
Now he wants us to double it. Thats big. Real big.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
totally nothing new same garbage on a daily basis. I love the constant applause, really spices it up

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I had originaly posted this on another thread but here are my thoughts.

The original thread is here.

I am going to run a play by play durring the speech here. I was going to start a thread about this but I will yield to this thread. I should have time in between each statement to write something about my feelings on what this talking monkey has to say.

Hopefully the Speaker of the House will be giving quite a many one finger salute to the president tonight. Perhaps a slap upside his head!

Madam Speaker! That is a great thing to be able to say! At least Bush had the honor enough to call attention to this historic speaker of the house.

The right of custom he tells about the hardship of the American state of the Union. Each of the people there are suposed to be guided by their constituancy not their own personal views.

The future of opertunity in this country does not include this talking monkey at the podium tonight. He wants to talk about getting more buisnessness started. Yet he has singlehandedly messed up the budget that was balanced when Clinton was in office. This governmnet has the largest defecit in history.

Ah the five year plan to eliminate the deficit. LOL Least he is talking about killing earmarked money that has no place in laws.

Social Security is a plan that the government started and forced on the American people now it's in danger because they have been diping into it this entire time! Now this moron wants to save it and save his behind.

The no Child left behind act is underfunded. Drasticly underfunded.

Private health insurance is the best way to meet their needs. Thats a joke he has already wanted to tax health insurance. Afordable healthcare for avarage americans that make minimum wage is nearly impossible. Least some states are thinking about socialized health care.

Health Savings accounts? Like that would work! ah and here comes the intro to the RFID Chip! Technology for health reasons.

So far this speach has been nothing but lip service.

Now onto Boarder Controll. Temporary Worker Program. I have thought of this years ago!

John Mcain looks constipated LOL (sorry)

So far he hasnt said anything of real consiquence to America.

Now he talks about Energy what next?!? Ah terrorists lets put that fear got to force that fear down everyones throat.

Has no one even looked at geothermal energy? Ethinal, bio desiel, Nuclear power (he still can't say it right :lol

How come Cheiny laughed when Bush said 2017? He can't even keep a straight face when Bush talkes about 2017 why is that?

and the arobic workout continues in the congress whenever bush makes a statement. it's worse thain Catholic Church.

Back to throwing fear down the American peoples throats. More terrorist threats by this president even though not much has happened outside the norm. Governments love to have this enemy to controll their people.

Great now he has alienated Sheites as well as Sunis and basicly called all muslums extreemists!

Short little blurb now about big brother and what it can do to protect you the American people. I remember speaches like this when reagan was president. Welcome to the new cold war.

Now he is patting himself on the back for things that other countries have done Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebinon.

Unlike us to leave with promises unkept? Ask Vietnam.

Wait here we go the plan to put more troops into Iraq. Lets ignore the will of the American people and put more of our boys into a dangerous and horrible place, where the people that live there don't want us there. I say its high time Iraq learns to sink or swim.

The best chance for success is for us to come home. Give the Iraq its country back!

Joe Liberman looks quite bored. Or is that he just doesnt care and will agree to anything?

More Sep 11 references. Gotta love that fear. Fear and Ignorance Ignorance and Fear these are this morons watchwords.

We did not vote for failure. LMAO google Failure and hit "Im Feeling Lucky"

The war on terror will continue long after you and I have given over to others. Yea thanks Bush thanks a lot! Suppose diplomacy wouldnt have worked in the begining eh?

great 92,000 more troops "Sigh"

Civilian Reserve Corps? Can anyone say DRAFT!

Op here we go lets talk about invading Iran now. Like we don't have enough problems with Iraq we need to destabalize the region further.

And yet bush still cannot pronounce NUCLEAR!

Ah finnaly Darfur gets an honorable mention a horrible genocide gets a small one liner from the talking monkey. I do have to say his handlers have realy worked on his speach skills. Or is it the constant interuptions give him time to focus LOL

Does bush think that HIV and AIDS is one single phrase? HIVAIDS

Laura Bush just looks like the devil to me I am sorry but she does.

Finnaly he said at the end that the state of the union is strong. Traditionaly this prase was said at the beginning of the speach.

Bushs speach can be summed up as such

Fear fear fear. Ignorance, ignorance, ignorance. Now my fellow Americans we have witnessed the birth of the new cold war. This war is hot right now as we are going after countries that we feel harber this threat. But lately this threat has been just that a threat. We are going to see less of Al Quada and more of fear of Al Quada.

The only thing I have seen him say of any real substance in this speach was ithe bit of Heathcare. If he realy plans this heath care tax break this might just be the only thing good that has been brought forward through this speech.

He realy avoided the subject of the sectarian violence in Iraq instead he alienated Sheite muslums, these have been so far our best Muslum allies now hes putting them with extreemist Sunni Muslums. Sigh.

He starts of saying that the state of the union is troubled and ends it with the state of the union is strong.

(only two years left, only two years left)

This has been a comentary by What U KNO Net Radio for Above Politics.com

[edit on 24-1-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Double oil reserves, cut dependency by 20% in 10 years while adding nearly 100,000 troops in 5 years.

I expect there are already some intense plans in motion and whoever wins the Presidency in '08 is going to be in for a tough time. Or the candidates are already in on it. I suspect the latter.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

There is a real war going on here. The war between good and evil that started shortly after the dawn of time and continues to this day. The hard part is telling which side an individual is on because the evil ones are so good at lying and projecting. You can hardly tell the hawks from the snakes anymore.

That's an easy one,

All wars are evil.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
hmmmm it just came to me that maybe those FEMA camps are going to include DRAFT DODGERS!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
if you missed it i'll recap for everybody:

"mumbo jumbo blah blah blah iraq"

(clap your hands)

"mumbo jumbo blah blah blah education"

(clap your hands)

"mumbo jumbo blah blah blah deficit"

(clap your hands)

"mumbo jumbo blah blah blah pelosi"

(clap your hands)

"mumbo jumbo blah blah blah this guy"

(clap your hands)

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The war between good and evil isn't evil. It is a fact of life. Maybe I should call it a struggle.

It is the defining struggle of not just our generation, but of all human life since the dawn of recorded history, and probably long before.

In the war between good and evil there are only two weapons. Actually, not even two weapons. Two tools.

Prayer and the Word.

Think about it. Where do all actions originate? With thoughts. Thoughtforms. Which are then put into words and become actions. With instinctive actions from subconscious thought, sometimes the verbalization stage is skipped.

So, I can see the logic in your statement about it being easy and all wars being evil, with the exclusion of the war between good and evil itself.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Icarus Rising]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join