It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State of the Union Address-Your thoughts?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Im opening this thread to hear what your thoughts were on tonight's
State of the Union address?
Did he sell you on the current war?
Did he sell you on the troop increase?
Did he sell you on the idea that Iran and Syria are a threat?
Did he sell you on the idea he is a competant president?

(Please wait till after the address is completed,Thank You)

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If its on during my favorite game I wont see it. I'll watch the webcast. The transcript will be posted there too.

Looks like the Office of the Press Secretary has already released some Excerpts of the speach to some press already.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
No interested anymore.

Same old bs, is always what the politicians wants . . . but never what the people wants.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It is evidence of our failed system.

The Democrats and some Republicans have already admitted what he says does not matter, and that all he should do is a few sales pitches for his favorite candidate, or to set up the platform on issues the front runners should debate upon. Why? Well, with two years left he cant do anything. We elect a President, give him a year to get settled, give him a year to work, a year to prepare for elections, a year for elections. out of 4 years you get one solid year. If your re-elected you have 2 if your lucky. Bush was lucky because until november he controlled both sides of the house.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
It is evidence of our failed system.

If your re-elected you have 2 if your lucky. Bush was lucky because until november he controlled both sides of the house.

Exactly, but he wants to wait until now to do something for American when he had the power to do it before congress changed powers.

But he wanted to wag war and the hell with Americans needs..

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
dont really care what he says in his speeches because you know there is a thing called a speech writer... so presidential speeches dont change my opinion at all about presidents

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The OP mentioned Iran and Syria. Bush did not. I was surprised at the omission of both including the 'space war' with China.

I was moved by his Iraq speach but was not moved by paying taxes on my pre-tax health benefits.

Thomas.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
just a big pep rally to me same old stuff over and over

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I was mostly interested in what he had to say regarding Iraq and Iran. What disturbed me the most was he seemed to be alluding to the increase of civilian soldiers which for me translated into mercenaries.

This is potentially disturbing -- why? because they would operate under different "rules of engagement'. This also means that private companies continue to make a profit from this war.

He also suggested that he wanted to more house to house searches. This will not win the hearts and the minds of the locals -- I can assure you. It also increases the risks for the soldiers. If this is his new direction - it sucks.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by haringr
just a big pep rally to me same old stuff over and over

Same over and over with the exception of your pre-tax health dollars being taxed.

Pay goes down every day. Four years ago I was living 'high off the hog'. Today I sit home and search internet groups like this great one instead of having a really good time, spending cash. Pay check to pay check. Big eye opener. I really need to get into.......I do not know what, but my current way is not working.

Thomas.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
No, no, no, and no.

He didn't sell me on anything except the reduction in earmarks and the fact that its too late in the game for him to talk about healthcare reform and social programs.

He wants a generational war. He blames it on the people whose country's we've invaded and resources we've exploited.

I still can't shake the feeling when I listen to him talk (and Dick Cheney, and Condi Rice and all the hawks, for that matter) that he is projecting his own behavior onto his perceived enemies in order to legitimize continued conflict.

That continued conflict is needed in order to sustain the war economy and line the pockets of the corporate backers who are in turn lining his and his political cronies' pockets with ill-gotten gains paid for with the blood of our soldiers and the sweat of the working class.

There is a real war going on here. The war between good and evil that started shortly after the dawn of time and continues to this day. The hard part is telling which side an individual is on because the evil ones are so good at lying and projecting. You can hardly tell the hawks from the snakes anymore.

By their fruits ye shall know them.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This big liar just tried to connect 9/11, Iraq, Iran and Syria together... He wants to go in Iran. And before Bush talked about Iran, nor Pelosi nor Cheney cheered... but when he did... That prove that the democrats and the neo-cons both wants to go in Iran... I would say in the next 3 weeks.

He should have announced that he will kill himself along with Cheney for their crimes against humanity.

And he nearly called for a draft... I see a lot of americans moving to Canada in the next weeks...

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I just couldn't follow the speech.
The words are usually a bunch of meaningless drivel for this event.
What arrested my attention was Nancy Pelosi and her incessant blinking; I mean, you have to struggle to work your eyelids that fast.
Was she sending subliminal messages?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
He could have saved us all an hour, by just walking up to the podium and holding up the big picture.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
^^^

Isnt that the truth. I cant lie, i didnt see it- I ran out of PeptoBismol so i couldnt take the chance in watching the same rehatch.

He's not worthy.

Apocalypse anyone?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I didn't watch, but a draft? I'll be going to Canada or jail; screw going to some foreign country so I can kill people that have done nothing to me...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The "draft thing" will come from the Democrats who will see it as the only way to have the cake and eat it too.
Just how many tours can our troops stand before they go crazy, insane and awol?
They work together- playing "good cop, bad cop"
This is the next step in this circus of fear- The fat lady hasnt sung yet.

What will she sing? I wonder....

Everyone in my family (almost) qualifies for the draft. I think they should all gain 400 lbs or find a way to "hurt" themselves permanently. Will that keep them out? the irony is that maybe anyone who is useless will be sent to a camp where death awaits them- a la Hitler.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I'm still trying to figure out how in the world this guy got re-elected and how he even became a Governor much less President of the USA. He bankrupted his company, he bankrupted his Presidency and He is working on America now.

Im watching 'The Real Roswell' on National Geographic Channel. Theres a better chance of truth there.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
He bankrupted his company, he bankrupted his Presidency and He is working on America now.

Sounds like the perfect man for the job.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
whoever said Pelosi was blinking too much: I doubt it's subliminal messages. Probably just a result of having to stare straight ahead at a television cameras for an hour while all of America and the media of the world watch intently to see your reaction to bush's words. Or maybe she was sending morse code with her eyes?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join