It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If you could ask a time traveler a question what would you ask?"

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Two things that I believe are immoral are suicide and murder.... well I guess if someone sacraficed him/herself for a good cause it would be okay, but it would have to be a very good cause, like at the end of the monvie 'independence day'.

I'm willing to bet OTD and TD don't condone suicide and murder as well.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hi, TheDuckster!

Sit back and have some tea LOL My screenname is "onthedeck" by the way LOL Not that I really care. You've called me that in at least one other post. haha

You asked,

1. Do YOU BOTH (OvertheDeck & T.D) believe in GOD (What ever you concieve HIM/HER OR BOTH to be)?

2. Do you believe GOD to be an overture of human emotions/beliefs to summerize anything 'at the top' of the grand 'scheme of things'?

3. Do you both have ANY beliefs to 'bestow' or 'bow' to anything/anyone that is bigger/better than yourselves?

4. Do BOTH your beliefs coincide with the Time Axis of THIS time line? Have your beliefs changed ALOT/SOMEWHAT when you time travelled?

5. Do you have beliefs that you DON'T want to share with this thread for ANY REASONS?

Moving a little forward and acknowledging Crackeur and TiM3LoRd's posts following your post above (bottom pg 32), I'll say that neither TD nor I are promoting any religious or philosophical beliefs here. We hold certain beliefs, but this thread and TD's story are not a means to promote these things.

I share my own beliefs here as a matter of simply sharing my thoughts, and contributing to the discussion as it is warranted.

Most of these questions are just about personal beliefs, so I'll include mine. TD can respond with his own later...

In response to your questions, TheDuckster. Buckle up for number one:

1) Do YOU BOTH (OvertheDeck & T.D) believe in GOD (What ever you concieve HIM/HER OR BOTH to be)?

RESPONSE: I have glimpsed the reality experientially, and philosophically, that myself and everything around me are one. If I were to be honest, there is no god. If you offer a concept, or a name, you've missed it. I'm not playing mind games.

There is no god. However, there appears to be a self-awareness and sensory experience that is profound beyond measure. The totality of all of this - of all that is (and maybe all that isn't) could be given a name, but why would you need to do that? What purpose would it serve?

It's possible to name beings that are more deeply aware of their connection with our base reality as "gods", but again, what is in a name?

Not to get too far into a head trip, but you asked LOL

2. Do you believe GOD to be an overture of human emotions/beliefs to summerize anything 'at the top' of the grand 'scheme of things'?

RESPONSE: I would like to understand where god originated in human thought.

I've done enough introspective work that I believe the concept was given as a necessary cause for an awareness we have taken possession of and called "me", and as credited with giving rise to what exists all around us.

This seems likely in a perceived three dimensional world of cause and effect, but who's to say that cause and effect are necessary? Who's to say we aren't part of, and experiencing something that was ever present; without cause?

I also believe gods were made of beings who had supernatural abilities in our ancient past.

It depends on how you look at it. The word and the concept have a mixed history, and can mean a lot to a lot of people.

3. Do you both have ANY beliefs to 'bestow' or 'bow' to anything/anyone that is bigger/better than yourselves?

RESPONSE: It is not necessary to bow to anyone. God, if you want to use the only possible authority as an example, does not ask that we bow before him, so why would any being bow before anyone below god?

However, I like the Japanese (and zen) tradition of bowing. In particular, in Buddhism, one individual bows to another not out of social courtesy, but they are bowing to the divine being that resides in every human being. They are bowing in respect to the divinity in each of us.

But to take that further, there is nothing that is not divine.

I remember an exchange I read about fairly recently. A king had asked a notable Buddhist monk about either god, or divinity.

It was something to the effect of, "What is divine?" or "What is holy?". And the monk replied, "Nothing. There is just vast, empty space." This was a clear statement to me that everything is divine, and therefore nothing can be pointed to specifically and designated as divine.

If you go deeply enough into easter philosophy and religion, you will realize that there is a divine being sitting at a divine computer, breathing divine breaths. It goes on and on. There is no need to bow. Only self-important people want to see deference and prostrations. No one else has need for it.

4. Do BOTH your beliefs coincide with the Time Axis of THIS time line? Have your beliefs changed ALOT/SOMEWHAT when you time travelled?

RESPONSE: I'm not sure what you mean. I'm not pleased that there are certain experiences we have apparently had to go through to get where we are. But we are here now, and this is the final timeline as far as you or I (or TD) are concerned.

This is how it had to be. I can't argue with that.

We are apparently on a timeline that sees us interacting with beings from other planets and dimensions, of learning much more about ourselves and our universe, and of leaving this planet and spreading our race around the cosmos. And we are being encouraged to do so. So I'm happy about that.

I have not time traveled to my knowledge, so I can't answer that part. But I hope to LOL

5. Do you have beliefs that you DON'T want to share with this thread for ANY REASONS?

RESPONSE: No. That's the truth. If you see how long my posts are, you'll realize there's nothing I could have possibly left out. LOL

I believe we are going through an accelerated process of introduction to who we are, where we came from, and where we're going. This time right now is really an astounding time to live.

No one's beliefs are finding solid bedrock right now, because of how much stuff is going on spiritually, technologically, cosmically, politcally, everything.

I'm just keeping my feet on the ground and my eyes wide open.

The only thing I can say is that everything that is happening right now can be confusing and scary for people.

This is why the most important thing is for people to trust their heart, their instincts, and their intuition. And this includes in the emotional changes that are occurring within people right now; the emotional extremes.

Holding too strongly to beliefs during this time could be detrimental and steer you in the wrong direction. You need to approach the future with an open mind, because our history - our reality - is being altered this very moment. And a lot of things are going to be shaken up before it's over.

I am sharing everything, because just creating an awareness is going to help people make it through the next five years.

Each of us is at once an independent, divine, valued being in this universe, and at the same time we are inseperable from it. Every sentient being out there is a brother and a sister. As are all human beings on this earth.

Does that mean we have to invite them over for dinner, that we allow someone to harm us? No. But it's a reality nonetheless.

If you can come to understand this, and are able to maintain your strength, independence, self-confidence, and compassion as our future unfolds you will be much better off.

Thanks for your questions TheDuckster. Without a doubt everyone reading your questions has thoughts on them. I'd be curious what other's thoughts are on those things...

Peace!

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
When was time travel invented?

Because, (some one correct me if I’m wrong), the problem with time travel is, you cannot travel back in time past the date at which time travel was invented.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by smartie
When was time travel invented?

Because, (some one correct me if I’m wrong), the problem with time travel is, you cannot travel back in time past the date at which time travel was invented.

I can't believe I'm going to even put this here but here goes:

smartie, the concept of not being able to travel back in time beyond the invention of the machine is based on the concept of the time machine being stationary and only the person shifting thru time. There was a recent science mag article about this, which is where I assume you got that from. If the machine itself travels thru time, such as was the case in HG Well's Time Machine, well, that would probably be possible.

I don't recal if TD's method of travel involves a mobile machine or if only his future self travels around.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I keep thinking about the concert and the mass landing and I keep asking myself "Why Now? Why 2008-2012?".

After thinking about this, it kind of makes sense when you put all of the pieces together. We are on the verge of making discoveries in private commercial industries. We are starting to catch up to the technology that governments around the world already have and have been suppressing.

For example:

Virgin Galactic is planning on having commercial space flights to the edge of space available for $200,000 per seat staring in 2008/2009. They've already had a successful test flight as part of the x-prize competition.

Magnetic Power Inc. "claims to be close enough to have some demonstration modules, which extracts energy from the vacuum of space, ready for market some time in 2007, followed later by a 1 kW modules." It is estimated to cost 1 cent per 1 kw. I personally think they'll have this technology commercially available to everyone by the end of the decade. The information on how this works is tighly under wraps for obvious reasons (competition) but the patent is available now.

Also, Mark Goldes, Chairman and CEO of Magnetic Power Inc. is a reputable man so people believe his claims.

Steorn is another company making very similar claims of zero-point energy.

I also believe both technologies above will work together eventually, to reduce the cost of Virgin Galactic's space flights.

The governments or 'shadow government' who want to control the world by controlling the world's oil supplies may be trying to impose restrictions on the above technologies. Because once these technolgies get out to the public, they will no longer be the ones with all the money. Perhaps that's where the concert and mass landing that TD is talking about comes into play. Time travelers could be visiting us to prevent the 'shadow government' from interfering with these technologies that we are on the verge of having.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Crakeur, heres one for you then....

Read carefully.

“Jane” is left at an orphanage as a foundling. When “Jane” is a teenager, she falls in love with a drifter, who abandons her but leaves her pregnant. Then disaster strikes. She almost dies giving birth to a baby girl, who is then mysteriously kidnapped. The doctors find that Jane is bleeding badly, but, oddly enough, has both sex organs. So, to save her life, the doctors convert “Jane” to “Jim.”

“Jim” subsequently becomes a roaring drunk, until he meets a friendly bartender (actually a time traveler in disguise) who wisks “Jim” back way into the past. “Jim” meets a beautiful teenage girl, accidentally gets her pregnant with a baby girl. Out of guilt, he kidnaps the baby girl and drops her off at the orphanage. Later, “Jim” joins the time travelers corps, leads a distinguished life, and has one last dream: to disguise himself as a bartender to meet a certain drunk named “Jim” in the past.

Question: who is “Jane's” mother, father, brother, sister, grand- father, grandmother, and grandchild?

Not mine but interesting all the same.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Crackeur, you said,

probation? for disbelieving? One would think I would be first to go but that would mean actually travelling thru time.

I think it was a joke. He did write it by your name on the list though. I assumed it was because of the back and forth on the thread here...It should not be taken seriously.

You said,

I get this creepy heaven's gate vibe from all of this.

I know. I had an odd reaction when TD mentioned asking for volunteers, but he's being sincere in following up on what he sees as needing to be done, so I'm honoring that.

All he's doing is accepting an email address as a contact point. We are not corresponding with anyone, and we are not using their email addresses to send out time traveler literature, or cultish manifestos. LOL

The contact will be a one-time deal, and won't take place until TD has met his future self (you know, a few months ago if I had typed that last part I might have had reason to pause, but I'm used to saying that by now LOL).

Other than that, all TD's doing is sharing his experiences here and on other message boards, and trying to tell everyone, based on his own convictions, that there are big things around the corner.

You don't have to sign up, join a club, or buy a book to read what he's saying. It's all free and in the public domain. Read to your heart's content.

If someone suggests forming a club, or having weekly meetings they've come to the wrong place LOL

TiM3LoRd, you said,

quote: Originally posted by Crakeur
probation? for disbelieving? One would think I would be first to go but that would mean actually travelling thru time.

I get this creepy heaven's gate vibe from all of this.

quote: Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
thats the first thing i though of when i read some of the stuff touted in here. i think people should keep an eye on this

Yes, please keep an eye on this. Especially the part about "be prepared for what's around the corner". hehe

I'm completely with you on the "far out" part. This really is far out.

But look at everything that's happening around this planet right now. Everything is far out. We are entering such a bizarre time that it's hard to see anything as "been there, done that" right now.

Detainment camps = weird
UFOs, ufo fleets, flying humanoids and worms = weird
BBC news report of WTC 7 building falling 23 minutes before the building falls = weird
The F.B.I. was involved in the OK City bombing with Tim McVeigh = weird
The U.S. government through the U.S.A. Patriot Act and other legislation nullifying American citizens constitutional rights = weird
The fact that a 911 Commission was created in the first place = weird
Haliburton relocates its headquarters to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates = weird
Bush buys 100,000 acres in Venezuela = weird
Bohemian Grove = really weird
Jesus' bones found = weird
Four hour mirage of living, modern city, complete with highrise buildings, traffic, and pedestrians appears over rural area of China = weird

This list actually goes on and on.

TD and his time travel story are actually having trouble competing with everything else that's going on right now.

Is ET contact and time travel actually that hard to believe?

curiousbeliever, you said,

Two things that I believe are immoral are suicide and murder.... well I guess if someone sacraficed him/herself for a good cause it would be okay, but it would have to be a very good cause, like at the end of the monvie 'independence day'.

I'm willing to bet OTD and TD don't condone suicide and murder as well.

There is no moral or immoral. These are human conventions.

All actions simply net a result. It would take a long time to present why I believe this, and I know it runs counter to a lot of peoples' beliefs, but I believe it to be so.

However, leaving moral and immoral out of the equation, I believe to take another's life is an action that nets undesirable results for both parties. Clearly. I'm not arguing that.

I also don't believe in "sin", because this was also created by man. You can call any action whatever you want, but I don't bother with good/evil (or good/bad), sinful/holy, or moral/immoral.

Actions only net desirable or undesirable outcomes. A person who commits rape or murder just for the sheer joy of performing this act could be called "evil" in some minds, but this designation is subjective and truly irrelevant, as these are, at their essence, simply harmful acts perpetrated by one being against another; they are undesirable.

The individual, whether you want to call him "evil" or not will still be incarcerated, or killed for perpetrating these acts against another. The incarceration or killing of this individual could be called "justice", but it is simply an action taken in response to these undesirable acts.

If there is no god, and there is no good or evil outside of man's invention of these things, then there is only cause and effect. And at some level, even these two things do not exist.

As far as murder or suicide, clearly I don't place a moral judgment on either of these things. And when you actually become involved intimately in each separate case you can see how complex and multifaceted these actions can be. Some of which toe the line between what you would call moral and immoral, or good and evil. I don't get too caught up in concepts such as these.

There is an individual wishing to do harm, and another individual who wishes not to be harmed. The desire to inflict harm is not good or evil, but is simply an intention.

As far as suicide, I'm not for it. If there is a chance that one can commit suicide, and then be returned here again to be reborn, again with your memory totally erased, I would rather not take that chance. But I put no value either way on the act itself. It is an act that nets a result, period.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
hola amigo's

um i just read a part from theduckster talking about being pared with crakuer (sorry if i spelled that wrong) um jw who would i be paired with? lol odd question but yea idk i just wandered lol... and why not us travel in a big group i mean wouldnt it be dangerous traveling with 1 companion i mean if we go back to the middle ages sum dude might come up and like chop our heads off for saying sum old word wrong like if we say aint he might respond "where art though foul mouthed um.... yonder?" and then yea he'd bring out the guillitone(i think i spelled that wrong 2) and like well we'd be dead so yea ... that would be kinda messed up. lol i should be put with a responsible adult so i dont get myself like killed or sumthing lol.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
One question? Seriously? Wouldn't you figure that each question would lead to dozens more?

Gravity differences, climate differences, temporal differences (both relative and actual)....where do you start?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
hey mods, why hasn't this hoax been dumped ?

ATS credibility declines with every day this farce is allowed to exist anywhere besides creative works of fiction.

Skunk works is for wild speculation.

They are posting that this is real.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
hey mods, why hasn't this hoax been dumped ?

ATS credibility declines with every day this farce is allowed to exist anywhere besides creative works of fiction.

Skunk works is for wild speculation.

They are posting that this is real.

hey mods, why hasnt this *Snip*?
you dont like this thread move on to the next one!

*Snip*

[edit on 20-3-2007 by timedrifter]

Please check your u2u's. We do not insult other members on this site, and we send in complaints and requests to mods via u2u or the Complaint/Suggestion Box.

[edit on 3/21/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by schmidty_beleives
hola amigo's

um i just read a part from theduckster talking about being pared with crakuer (sorry if i spelled that wrong) um jw who would i be paired with? lol odd question but yea idk i just wandered lol... and why not us travel in a big group i mean wouldnt it be dangerous traveling with 1 companion i mean if we go back to the middle ages sum dude might come up and like chop our heads off for saying sum old word wrong like if we say aint he might respond "where art though foul mouthed um.... yonder?" and then yea he'd bring out the guillitone(i think i spelled that wrong 2) and like well we'd be dead so yea ... that would be kinda messed up. lol i should be put with a responsible adult so i dont get myself like killed or sumthing lol.
nothing is really set yet, but it really depends on the mission, some only require 1 or 2 people and other require more. no one gets killed and if they do they are brought back to life or a second trip to prevent death is deployed.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
No no, i think you missunderstood what i said.

I am not a time traveler, sorry to dissapoint you.

what i meant was, if i ever came across a time traveler, and i only had one question to ask him, it would be how did he make his time machine, then i could find out any other questions by time traveling myself using his instruction on how to make a time machine.

It was like a quipy joke.

I don't really belive that physcial time travel is possible , especially into the past as to many paradox's arive. But i do belive that there is phsychic ability and remote viewing.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tokyo Rose
No no, i think you missunderstood what i said.

I am not a time traveler, sorry to dissapoint you.

what i meant was, if i ever came across a time traveler, and i only had one question to ask him, it would be how did he make his time machine, then i could find out any other questions by time traveling myself using his instruction on how to make a time machine.

It was like a quipy joke.

I don't really belive that physcial time travel is possible , especially into the past as to many paradox's arive. But i do belive that there is phsychic ability and remote viewing.
OK that makes it clear, too bad you do not believe, but I think you will soon enough.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
We discuss the topic on ATS, not each other. If anyone is having difficulties staying focused on the subject at hand, and feeling like they may need to become belligerent, please kindly take a walk for a little while, admire a stand of roses in bloom, and reconnect with your softer side.

Or send in a complaint. But don't start discussing members again. Please stay on topic.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
That is quite a fantastic thing to think about TD. If you get killed, you just go back and change things a bit so you don't die. That would make you immortal in a sense.

If you don't want to get old, can you stay young by traveling or do you age as you travel? Does time stand still, so to speak?

To me, this would be like immortality.

I have often wondered what does happen when you physically die? Is that experience more of a spiritual one, or does your soul revert back to an entity with a cosmic passport? Do your looks change, so people won't recognise you?

Time travel is one thing, but I have a feeling that this is just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Thank you for everything you're contributing - on and off the thread!

I feel like this needs to be an "all good news" thread - and message!! And that's what it is!

Anyone who doesn't want to recognize that we are about to be set free, let them sing their dirge. But we are here to say things are about to change and we're all about to be set free at the deepest level!

There is a force of good and light about to descend on this planet that will be unparalleled in human history.

Anyone who doesn't see this has to open their eyes. And anyone preaching a dark future of the status quo continuing unchanged is in the dark, or has an agenda, period.

So lift your hearts as they say. TD and myself are here to say the future is written, and it's a happy ending! Actually, it's a happy new beginning!

I wanted to make an an addendum to what I said above, and that is although I do not believe in sin, or good and evil, I do believe in love. It's not only the strongest force in the universe, it's how the universe came to be.

Now, win 52, you asked TD some questions, but I can't help but jump in and offer my .02.

You said,

That is quite a fantastic thing to think about TD. If you get killed, you just go back and change things a bit so you don't die. That would make you immortal in a sense.

If you don't want to get old, can you stay young by traveling or do you age as you travel? Does time stand still, so to speak?

From what TD has told me, he remembers dying on at least two occasions. He also remembers what happened after he died, which I'll let him explain if he wants to.

It is definitely a different "place", but a place we will soon become closer to, and learn more about. I've read accounts of ETs connecting people with deceased loved ones, and I understand they can traverse our world and the next, if you will.

TD said, re: age regression, that we use nanotechnology to age regress ourselves, but he suspects that at some point our bodies reject this technology, or are unable to use this technology to age regress any further.

At that point in our future TD suggests that we manufacture gray bodies to be a vehicle for our consciousness to continue to live and function in this universe, or dimension.

Aside from human, physical versions of TD, he believes that the gray being who called itself "Ben" was actually a distant future version of TD.

Also, while he was abducted, TD's consciousness was placed in either a gray, or a reptilian body, so this transfer of consciousness seems to be a standard technology...

You said,

To me, this would be like immortality.

It is in a sense. We are already immortal, but it apparently takes some doing to function and manipulate a body in this physical reality. For whatever reason, it is an interest of ours for a long, long time to come...

The above should show you that we are around a long time, and are on the path to all of this right now...

You said,

I have often wondered what does happen when you physically die? Is that experience more of a spiritual one, or does your soul revert back to an entity with a cosmic passport? Do your looks change, so people won't recognise you?

I haven't passed this threshold myself. TD would do better at answering this one. I will only say that his experiences show a universe that loves every single entity in it, and wants them to be happy.

What more could you want?

[edit on 21-3-2007 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
WHY HAS ONLY MY POST BEEN EDITED WHILE THE OTHER CHEESE REMAINS??

He insulted me calling me a hoax, I have been strait forward as I could thus far and being called a hoax is same as liar, which IS an insult you mods let slide by.

OTD, I hope you see that they are singling me out now and leaving the opposition there, thanks for policing only me mods!!

[edit on 21-3-2007 by timedrifter]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
TD, for the record, the warn you got was for your "cute" use of the dog name and that was what was edited.

The post by the mod (niteboy I think) was a warning to stay on track and stop with the personal back and forth.

ATS clearly allows a lot of leeway in what you can post about but they will not tolerate breaking the T&C.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

and while we're at it

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

if you have a problem with another member posting things in your thread, report the issue and the mods will sort it out.

thank you

Crakeur

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I guess your right, just sick of the comments, I am not lying about whats in my head and I cant prove it and I said that over and over and I am sick of it, what is real or true is what i said was in my head nothing more and what is wrong with talking about my cocker spaniel, its a cute dog is it not?

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join