It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If you could ask a time traveler a question what would you ask?"

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster
People that post with 1 liners don't impress the Mods or YOU OR ME. Don't sweat it!

Not true. I just got an applause for a one line post. Brevity FTW!!!! Neener neener.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Are we?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
NoobieDoobieDo

Are we?

hahahahahaha

not for nothin, if some of you listen to the interviews/podcasts, alot of the questions are asked and explained there.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by timedrifter]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

People that post with 1 liners don't impress the Mods or YOU OR ME. Don't sweat it!

Not true. I just got an applause for a one line post. Brevity FTW!!!! Neener neener.

Yay.. HORRAH! uM....DO YOU WANT A MEDAL FOR THAT? clap clap?

In any event, it's what I've been saying folks all along...

It doesn't take much to amuse people (even if they think they got to get THAT LAST WORD IN)

So anyways. it doesn't take much to amuse little minds...oh sorry.. I made a boo boo in referring to a little mind that has so little to contribute to a thread.. sorry folks.

See...?

I had to catch myself on being a (CENSORED). with particulars.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

not sure which post got the applause but there is a rule regarding one liners and the site will, generally, prevent you from short posts that would appear, at least to the filter, to be nothing more than a short retort that doesn't add to the topic.

if the one liner says it all you might very well get some applause. you might still get a message saying it's too short. when I saw the one line post in question (the impressed one) I was actually going to say something about those kinds of posts not adding to the thread but I figured I'd save my first mod-like action for something a bit more exciting on my end. Plus, as I am somewhat active in this here thread, I don't want that status to be considered in any manner when TD, OTD et al talk to me (assuming they don't put me on ignore like they both said they will).

so, stay on topic, no neener neeners please and let's try to post with something meaningful and in line with the thread topic please.

Originally posted by timedrifter
the question originally, I think, was encountering the future you, so if it is the future you and you have been waiting for him, you/he will know because your you. the first part of my signature says it all.

but when does that special handshake or password come into play? you had originally said that this would happen so you would know it was yourself (you did also say you should know anyway) so when did it happen for you or, if it didn't happen to you, when should the volunteers who are chosen expect to learn this?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
cracker you've made your point ok jeez i was gone a week and you guys are already tearing eachother up lol. ok cracker we respect your opinion but youve already stated so why state it again and again and again and again ( see page 2 for the rest) we get it omfg ok we can beleive w/e we want and btw no i dont beleive in santa and what not. all your doing is annoying us so stop please. td thanks for that =]

now on to my main subject...
right now im freaked out. there is a person who i have recently been talkin to in this ebaumsworld chat room. well idk how he did this but this person has my personal information like all of it scary scary. do u know when this time travel stuff is found...

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by schmidty_beleives
cracker you've made your point ok jeez i was gone a week and you guys are already tearing eachother up lol. ok cracker we respect your opinion but youve already stated so why state it again and again and again and again ( see page 2 for the rest) we get it omfg ok we can beleive w/e we want and btw no i dont beleive in santa and what not. all your doing is annoying us so stop please. td thanks for that =]

do you even read the posts or do you just see a name and post some kind of internet speak?

TD and I are discussing something, rather amiably I might add, so pipe down and lay off the caffeine.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
quote by Crakeur:

not sure which post got the applause but there is a rule regarding one liners and the site will, generally, prevent you from short posts that would appear, at least to the filter, to be nothing more than a short retort that doesn't add to the topic.

if the one liner says it all you might very well get some applause. you might still get a message saying it's too short. when I saw the one line post in question (the impressed one) I was actually going to say something about those kinds of posts not adding to the thread but I figured I'd save my first mod-like action for something a bit more exciting on my end. Plus, as I am somewhat active in this here thread, I don't want that status to be considered in any manner when TD, OTD et al talk to me (assuming they don't put me on ignore like they both said they will).

so, stay on topic, no neener neeners please and let's try to post with something meaningful and in line with the thread topic please.

Let me answer this sentence by sentence (I've got a lot of time on my hands)

not sure which post got the applause but there is a rule regarding one liners and the site will, generally, prevent you from short posts that would appear, at least to the filter, to be nothing more than a short retort that doesn't add to the topic. -

- You're correct with this quote. The person quoting OBVIOUSLY has not provided ANY pertinenate/appropriate thought to the question provided. - This person has not prepared a proper response to the question or statement provided. Applause not needed. Thank you.

Quote form Crakeur:

I won't put you on 'IGNORE' Crakeur. I'm very courious to your replies.

You are active in this thread. And like I stated previously: I'ts good to see both sides of the equation.

I'm not patronizing you Crakeur. I'm acknowledging YOU.

YOU have a valid point to contribute to this thread. (and by your track record of over 100,000 points and more ATS points), you obviousluy have a lot of knowledge to provide to everyone, logical, yet compassionate.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

do you even read the posts or do you just see a name and post some kind of internet speak?

TD and I are discussing something, rather amiably I might add, so pipe down and lay off the caffeine.

I appologize Crakeur!

Forgive?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
duckster, I wasn't pointing my post at you in particular, just trying to keep the thread on topic.

incidentally, I'm without knowledge, points were obtained via a black market purchase

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So, uh - just me posting is enough, eh?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
duckster, I wasn't pointing my post at you in particular, just trying to keep the thread on topic.

incidentally, I'm without knowledge, points were obtained via a black market purchase

Thankyou Crakeur!

You're a Gentleman.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChiliDog
So, uh - just me posting is enough, eh?

Once again, let me say that pointless, one line posts will not be tolerated. This thread deserves the to be treated just like any other thread, whether you believe the story or not, so please refrain from the unnecessary one liners.

thanks.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
ok cracker uve gone to far now................ heres a u2u Subject: something to think about
sent: 17-3-2007 at 01:55 AM
for starters, let me tell you that posting to my profile is deletable but I will leave it there so all the world can see.

second, name calling on the site is not welcomed. I'm telling you this as a moderator, not as an active participant in the thread. watch your temper and try not to berate other members simply because they have a different view on a topic you believe in. if you are unable to discuss the topics without making unnecessary remarks, I'm sure another mod will pick up on it and be less forgiving.

as I am active in this thread, I am doing nothing about it other than giving you the courtesy of a warning that the behavior you are displaying will probably not be tolerated.

rather than reply, simply take my advice and refrain from the attacks on me or any other member who posts anything contrary to what you think.

thank you,
Crakeur
ATS Moderator

so since when have u been a mod hmM? o big responsibility huh well good job i hope you ruin more and more things and have fun while your doin it

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

so since when have u been a mod hmM? o big responsibility huh well good job i hope you ruin more and more things and have fun while your doin it

since today. if you read other threads, you'd see the announcement.

now, stick to the topic and stop attacking me, or any other member for posting probing questions about this topic.

If you cannot act like an adult, you will not be treated like one. I think the term we use today is a time out.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
hey schmidty, did you volunteer already? I dont remember, I am going to list the volunteers now, BRB

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
yea im one of the many who signed up it was a while back. back when there were like 2 pages to this thing and every post was important... now everybody just skips to certain pages idk..

*SNIP*

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
and cracker lol now my quote is true..
your lack of apparent idk intelect is well yea none ive already stated im just a 14 yr old kid lookin for the truth so yea. think your actions mr.

and yea thanks for the compliment to for saying to treat me like an adult yea i know im hmm whats the word? mature lol

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Hey kids,

Your friendly neighborhood spiderj here just reminding everyone to go ahead and talk all ya like but please let's keep it civil.

Also for some posters who are newer than others, using letters instead of actually typing out the profanity does not neccessarily get you around the terms and conditions of posting rules and etiquette.

Okay everybody?

And not that it needs to be said, but I will say it insulting anyone whether mods or members will not gain you any credibility.

Back on topic and...kumate!

Spiderj

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
hello spider =] so i was just wondering who was it that informed you of this was it cracker or sum1 like that cus i would hate it to see people being like that... its just mean =[
well thanx for the heads up

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join