It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If you could ask a time traveler a question what would you ask?"

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
so now it isn't the IRS office in Montauk he was going to (complete with exit off the LIE) but, rather, a nickname for an office. Interesting concept.

I'd love to see proof that the IRS had an office in Montauk at any time. It would certainly seem odd since, prior to the Long Island Expressway being built, the only road out east was a single lane road that took forever to get across. Not that it matters since the original claim was in Montauk and your buddy was so adamant about it that he gave the exit off the LIE. Also, it should be noted that someone talking about a place wouldn't use some nickname for a place when the people reading would have no clue as to what he was talking about. Do they call the holtsville office the Montauk office too? What about Riverhead? That one is close to Montauk. Do they call that the Montauk office too?

Lie on top of lie about this means the person is lying. If he's lying about this, it makes the entire story suspect.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Another question:
While doing this time travels, are you permitted to influence or help change something that might happen in the future? I know you're doing this already by 'talking' about it but can you physically do something to change the outcome of what is about to happen?

I would love to help the world to become a better place, so beam me up scotty!

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hey, ATSGUY, Crakeur, and TheEnlightenedOne!!

ATSGUY, thank you for your post!! I kind of had to chuckle at your last sentence,

Originally posted by ATSGUY

...nothing bad happens though, well except for the people that kill themselves on the ground...

Yes...That would be bad...haha I laugh, but when this happens, I imagine it won't be so funny...

Crakeur, TD did originally say he was traveling to the "Montauk" I.R.S. branch/office, where he remembered having one of his unusual experiences.

TD didn't say he was at a specific military base, or give a specific location/address when he recounted these experiences. He only said that he was in "Montauk."

He did state later, when pressed, that this was a location that his coworkers referred to as the "Montauk office," and was forthright enough to admit that it may not in fact have been located in Montauk, NY proper, but proximate to this location. To clarify, TD could have said that he was in an area "referred to" as Montauk; but, as I assumed, he probably didn't see this ending up as such a point of contention.

His reference to this location as "Montauk" in recounting his experiences is understandable to me.

Is it possible that, although the location may have been referred to in this manner, that TD deliberately blended these proximate geographical locations in his recalling this event in an attempt to exploit the mystery surrounding this location to his advantage? Sure. It's possible. And if that were the case, I would consider that a minor offense, and not something profound enough to undermine his experiences as a whole. He's only human.

These things are true, however: TD did work at the I.R.S.; his office was located near, and he did travel to, locations proximate (and possibly in) Montauk, NY. His coworkers referred to the office/location to which he was traveling as the "Montauk office."

If none of the above were true, then I might consider that one incident as worthy of more attention; but the elements of his experiences, as he has shared them, are all in line with reality - (for Crakeur) save this one technicality ("A technicality that will shortly be remedied.").

I'm sure another human being has referred to a geographic location other than that location's technical name. How many have referred to impoverished, gang-infested neighborhoods as "The Hood?" Especially given the notoriety of Montauk, and the virtual anonymity of the areas near (and including) Holtsville, you can kind of understand why. They could have called it "The Hampton's" office, but his coworkers were cool; conspiracy nuts. ahaha

I have to say that I kind of believe TD's experiences/memory may have been tampered with to some degree. I can't speculate as to who did it, or why, but with experiences such as those TD is sharing, there is always an element of the victim's mind being tampered with. This can't be discounted, and may explain aspects of TD's story that don't seem to "fit," or which are more difficult for TD to recall clearly.

This is not a "convenient" response to critics of elements of his story that may not jibe with reality, but is indeed a possibility to be considered for those familiar with cases involving the phenomena of abduction, etc.

I offer TD the benefit of the doubt. You wish him to hang for his crimes. We can leave it at that...I can get you a t-shirt that reads, "Timedrifter didn't go to Montauk and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

I do appreciate your conviction, Crakeur. I hope you're on the good guy's side.

TheEnlightenedOne, how's it goin'? You asked,

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne

While doing this time travels, are you permitted to influence or help change something that might happen in the future?

I know you're doing this already by 'talking' about it but can you physically do something to change the outcome of what is about to happen?

TD described many occasions where he actually tried to alter events in his travels, only to have it finally produce the desired effect after several tries. He also said that, in some cases, he could not effect the change/result he was looking for; or any change at all for that matter.

I can't remember specific examples, but there were processes/events that were destined to occur, and which he could not change. He did give up, I believe, several times.

I want to share something I've come to understand about our future - after these changes occur. First, many of the things we consider to be serious and grave matters become much less so. Sexuality is just one example; technology is another; as is our notion of dying.

Our understanding is very limited; primitive. We take a lot of things very seriously, when it isn't necessary to do so. Really think about this.

The energies/intelligences/beings that we are going to be more openly interacting with have a much more open and relaxed point of view about reality. TD has described the future as being very playful. Others have described this same thing.

The beings overseeing our advancement, especially those who oversee our use of the technologies we will be handling, are allowing us to have these experiences - to learn from them, and to enjoy them - but also do so as a parent would oversee his children in the same manner; and with good humor.

I'm convinced that TD, although seemingly in control of his destiny, was being guarded and guided on his journeys. If not physically, with people accompanying him, then with beings overseeing his experiences - and getting involved when necessary - from afar. He may have felt he had free reign, but there is always someone watching...Someone who can make sure things don't get out of hand.

TD (and many others) was allowed to experience some absolutely mind-blowing things. And his descriptions of these beings during this time is that they are much more free, open, good-humored and loving than we are currently. This alone should compel you to ask yourself why we aren't the same.

In a great number of the contact experiences I've read about, the beings contacting the individual, although at times expressing concern, are always in control of the situation, are several steps ahead of the individual being contacted, and seem to find humor in our often rigid views of the universe around us. Part of what is explained to individual being contacted is that things are much simpler than we are making them out to be.

Aside from having a more open and relaxed approach to our existence, these individuals are often shown how very simple concepts like compassion, acceptance, love and open-mindedness are what it's all really about.

How are these things related to what's going on in your life, and how do these things get you from "A" to "B" on this Roller Coaster ride?

Try them and see...

I know that it's easy to get into arguments about minutiae of the story being presented here. However, ultimately, none of this matters.

So what really matters?

You.

Hopefully, we can step back from the quibbling long enough to smile, recognize we're all on the same team, and share some hope for the future...It's only life, anyway...We'll have others...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is OnTheDeck.

Please make a note that I have just been banned.

I have made no contacts with anyone at this site outside of my posts here (or those members I have communicated with through TD's website; i.e., ATSGUY, etc.).

I have not emailed or U2U'd any administrators or admins, yet I have just been banned.

Is there anything in my previous posts that would warrant banning me from this website?

Everyone reading this should ask themselves what I have just said or done to warrant my being banned from this website...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   
How long do you think it will be before you get your own sub-section?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
That's the question.

In the spirit of the previous posts on this subject, I wanted to extend an offer to get your questions answered.

My question to a genuine time-traveller would be of his/her/its understanding of 'time lines'. Is there just one time that 'everything' is on? Or are there an infinite number of time-lines, and if so, how does it work? I read both concepts as plots in sci-fi novels, and I much prefer the idea of the latter.

peace

Duncan

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

you banned ONTHEDECK for no reason??
I think I will be with ATSGUY the day you meet face to face to ban you.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
1. Crakeur didn't ban anyone
2. I don't appreciate hate u2u's so please keep them to yourselves

atsdeck - it wasn't me but whomever it was will probably not be too happy with your new account.

for what it's worth, posting on behalf of banned members is an no no and that is probably what got you banned.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Crakeur, I believe you. I hope you don't get any negative private message from this. I don't hold any bad feelings.

If sharing a message from a member that was banned is a bannable offense, then I accept that.

No harm was intended. I had been sharing messages from TD for so long without being banned - and without warnings to that effect - that I wasn't aware I was breaching the T & C.

If this account ("atsdeck") is banned, I understand.

I wasn't attempting to circumvent my previous (OnTheDeck) banned account. When I created this new account, I didn't even notice that my "OnTheDeck" account was banned. I thought it was a site glitch.

If I remain banned for posting a message from TD, which I have done since this thread has been in existence, then I would only ask, Why now?

It's not up to me, however. If I receive a message, or the responsible party posts as to why, specifically, I was banned, that would be appreciated.

If not, I'll just move on.

I really appreciate the conversation that's gone on here. If it continues here, or elsewhere in a different form, then glad to see it.

Peace...

OnTheDeck (atsdeck)

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wow. OTD banned? Seems a bit harsh to me. Why all of a sudden? The man has been relaying answers to questions posed to Renato for some time. This is not a new development. Seems to me the ban should have been applied a long time ago if that was the problem. This is sure to slow this thread down and possibly bring it to a screeching halt. Perhaps its time to move the discussion to a new forum boys n girls.

I do appreciate Crakeur's input to the thread. He has been the voice of reason and made some valid points that were never adequately addressed. But its very interesting the Montauk thing is the only "lie" Renato/Bart have been caught in. These gentlemen seem very genuine and I don't believe they are perpetrating a hoax here. The memories shared in this thread have linked up with so many other people's that it has to be more than a coincidence. So either they are taking this information from multiple sources and patching their story together to pull off a hoax, or they are genuine.

I still don't see what they have to gain from a hoax? Their site is free and the podcasts are free. Nobody has asked me for money at any point in time. And what harm would be done if it turned out to be a hoax? Besides the countless hours spent reading 114 pages, I don't see any.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by midniteracerx

yea apperently OTD got to close to the actual truth in his posts, so some of the higher leader cabal members of ATS decided to take him out before he could bring the real truth to ats. hahahah

But really, i do think it was a little uncalled for, i mean this is OTDs thread, so without the OP its really kind of empty. But anyway, OTD said that if there are any updates or new information he will post them on website

ufotimetravel.com...

so just check in there from time to time. Other than that it has been a good run, this thread has a massive amount of data and the amount of evidence from other contacte and research to provide backup to tds story is phenomenal. Only time will tell though...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hey Dudes !!!!!!!!!

I think I just got whiplash from the abrupt halt to this thread.
It was always going to happen though.
No matter.
This thread has served its purpose.
The people it was meant to bring and cement together it did.
We will meet together in another place and our journey will continue on.
It is ATS that has lost, not us.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Courier drivers have a section of road they call the autobahn, for obvious reasons. There is no official record of that section of road ever being called that, yet if you radio all the courier drivers who work there, "watch the autobahn", they all know where the radar trap is set up.

You know, the rest of the world views the few members posting here as being all crazy, in their own twisted way. So, are the people in power just a little bit more twisted, thinking they can make order of the chaos?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OnTheDeck

I volunteer for time travel!! I am serious, please contact me.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

lemme know some more too.... i would love to time travel, i think i am prepared....tell your friend to send them to me. I volunteer!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

I volunteer for time travel!! I am serious, please contact me.

I am sure OnTheDeck is reading this thread even though he is banned, but if not i will tell him that you said the magic words.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
On the front lines..... this seems like a strange thing.... empty.

I have other things to inform people about, however this may not be the appropriate place for what is coming.

I have seen the future, and this board no longer exists there. We will not have the need to discuss conspiracy theories.

I hear that global pollution is going to be the big topic in 08. The weather will be so mixed up, people will not take the explanations given by officials as being the truth.

People are going to start demanding more from their elected officials. Being a Government employee will mean serving the people, not working a 9-5 job, or being like a king/queen. In fact, the face of Government will change.

There will be a great swing in how world governments operate. The world will no longer tolerate dictators. Not the people living under those oppressive military states, nor the people working for them. People are going to demand change.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hey ATSGUY & Win52 !!!!!!!!!

Do we keep posting away or what?

Who can we email to get OTD's ban lifted?

Didn't TD have a ban lifted there once for a while?

I had an unusual visitor last night in the dream state. Very clear.

All that he let me remember was the part when he told me the two names that he goes by and the name he prefers out of the two.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I vote to keep posting here until we find a new venue. Keep the insane train moving haha. The banning of one or two members isn't going to stop the information from coming and we ought to keep on sharing it with the hundreds of people following the thread regardless of how crazy Win sounds. =P Just kidding buddy.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am just an invader from out of states and don’t think I am the one that should make a fist but I feel this thread has enriched me somehow for getting me to ATS, so:

I for one think the ban is a bit harsh on otd. I have not seen one post of him being rude or bitchy. This dude has an super-cooled-over-average of politeness in his little typing finger. Yes, the ‘a mod does not believe’ remark wasn’t a smart (read utterly stupid) one to make but I for one was glad to see him slip for once. I suspected otd not being human.

In the not believing part the mod and I do share the same point of view. Posting on behave of a expelled member being the reason for the ban I share not. The ban should have been applied eons ago. I can imagine the ban has to do with some kind of stream that flows outside my view. These kind of boards usually have this dark rivers flowing underneath the surface and I tend to keep away from those. I just don’t see this bloke that started this enjoyable thread stirring up such a nasty mud stream.

So if there is no sludge going on, I am pleading to let On the deck back on and carry on this harmless thread in his pleasant and polite way, I came to know his ‘answering everyone, non excluded’ contributions by.

His posts are usually perfect reasonable discussion in explaining matters, slipping up once in a million words.

Seems a good average to me.

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join