It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whole Lie Buy Bull? ... Hole Ly Buy Bull ... Holy Bible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Sometimes i ponder things ...

Sometimes i think people aren't consciously aware of how language influences people's thought processes.

If someone doesn't accept the Holy Bible perhaps it is because they think the thing is a Whole lie and they don't Buy Bull.

But, then again i could be wrong ...

Just a thought. Either way, i'll keep an open mind ...

Edit to add:

Have a great day.

thanks,
john

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
aaaahhhhhh thats too bad. I feel sorry for them.

No, in all seriousness, I really do feel sorry for them.

So Shoot Me

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
when i read this post in another thread, i just knew you'd make it into one of it's own

good job here, ET

too bad i don't have a way above to hand out

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
"The path one walks will not make them holy. They must make the path holy, regardless of the path they have chosen."

I have no doubt that some of the most notable and beautiful souls this world has to offer are true believers in the Bible. Same for the Quran and any other spiritual texts you wish to name.

It's the individual that makes something beautiful.

These are just my thoughts on it.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What I find is that it is not the work, but the idea behind the work. Alot of people tend to miss the message or the spirit of the work, rather taking a very literal translation of the book. It is usually a case of the letter of the law or the spirit of the law. Unfortunately many tend to lean to the letter of the law.

Just my take on it all.
Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
when i read this post in another thread, i just knew you'd make it into one of it's own

good job here, ET

thanks madness.

too bad i don't have a way above to hand out

That's ok. I still owe you one for something inspirational you posted. I can't remember what it was, but you are one of 2 people i've reserved a vote for next month. You make me think, although we may not always agree, i do have a high amount of respect for you, your research, and thoughts behind your ideas.

thanks,
john

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
"The path one walks will not make them holy. They must make the path holy, regardless of the path they have chosen."

Your whole post was simply .... perfect.

thanks mrwupy.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You said:

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
What I find is that it is not the work, but the idea behind the work. Alot of people tend to miss the message or the spirit of the work, rather taking a very literal translation of the book.

Reflecting upon mrwupy's post and yours i think the ideologies of the messages of seperate faiths are parrallel or very similiar in there teachings. I agree with your statements concerning the message being missed.

These words ring true to me:
"....letter of the law or the spirit of the law."

Thanks sdcigarpig,
john

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

www.bibleufo.com...

The New Testament is the core of the Christian concept and covers part of the life of Jesus, and the actions and writings of some of his followers, after his death. Only two of his apostle's detailed descriptions of his life are included and two more wrote letters.

The debate over the authorship and authenticity of the accepted books of the New Testament is endless and it is not the intent of this work to enter into this debate. We begin, therefore with the premise that the books now included in the New Testament of King James Bible, were read and accepted by the original church Jesus established through his Apostle Peter and that these books were written by men, who were strongly influenced by the Spirit of God. It is the other books that were written by men inspired by the Spirit of God, and read and accepted by the original church, which are not included in the current New Testament that this work explores.

Most people believe King James decided the content of the New Testament but, he was only translating books the had the approved status in the Catholic Church. It was not his intent to introduce new text, but to use existing text to solidify the "divine right of kings". He needed that right in order to justify making the English crown head of the new break-away church he was forming. What most do not know, is that 15 of the books found in the original King James Bible, known as the Apocrypha; do not even appear in the "Authorized" King James Bible the modern Protestant Church opproves. The books found in the original King James Bible were not decided by King James, but by a close confident of the Emperor Constantine, who created the first Universal, AKA, Roman Catholic Church. That church was, on one hand, a blending of pagan and Christian beliefs to unite those two opposing religions and, on the other hand, a complete reformation of existing Christian beliefs, by declaring all those beliefs as illegal.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I like your thinking Esoteric Teacher!!

I ponder these things too, and that put a grin on my face, good call.

Got one for you too:

BELIEVE

be lie live
be lie eve

and live backwards being evil

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Jiffy]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jiffy
BELIEVE

be lie live
be lie eve

** I can't believe i never saw this one! I like it, alot. Thanks!

belever [reflection/mirror] reveled

believer in the mirror is revealed.

Thanks Jiffy,
john

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
*wow*

i can't believe you didn't either, my love!

i miss them all the time...good thing those words aren't rattle snakes....or black mambas!!!
do you watch 'wild boyz'

but you are the king bull silly bull

i am but a heifer

mason

ma son

mom son

huh?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jiffy
BELIEVE

be lie live
be lie eve

If i had a wat to give, i'd give it to Jiffy.

Queen, do you have a wats for Jiffy?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

no...i gave my last one to HIFI GUY

i need about 12 each month to give away - it's hard rationing them and then once in a while i forget but not usually any more

too many stars not enough shine to pass around

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38

no...i gave my last one to HIFI GUY

i need about 12 each month to give away - it's hard rationing them and then once in a while i forget but not usually any more

too many stars not enough shine to pass around

HIFI GUY deserved it, i'm sure. HIFI and Madness are the two i owe wats to next month. If i reserve Jiffy one, then come the second i have no wats to give.

I'd like to have more wats to give too. Perhaps we should suggest more wats to give?

Anyways, back on topic ...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think the key to the bible is decernment.

There is a quote from the bible saying something along the lines of how it doesnt matter if you are a doctor who saves thousands of lives or the kindest individual to ever walk the earth....without faith, the one most important thing to God, you are truely nothing.

With faith comes a small blessing of the holy spirit, and with that small whisper from the spirit, comes decernment of both the Father and the book.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Ashley_T]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashley_T
With faith comes a small blessing of the holy spirit, and with that small whisper from the spirit, comes decernment of both the Father and the book.

I think you know things.

Thanks for sharing Ashley,
john

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Another thought along the lines of the thread .....

Perhaps it makes people MAD .... the whole idea of being DAMned

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Sometimes i ponder things ...

Sometimes i think people aren't consciously aware of how language influences people's thought processes.

If someone doesn't accept the Holy Bible perhaps it is because they think the thing is a Whole lie and they don't Buy Bull.

But, then again i could be wrong ...

Just a thought. Either way, i'll keep an open mind ...

Edit to add:

Have a great day.

thanks,
john

wow i never heard that one before but you are a smart cookie! maybe there is a connection whole lie buy bull sounds alot like holy bible. good idea!

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Esoteric Teacher, queenannie38, what is a WATS? I just read a lot and don't post much, forgive me!

This might be the appropriate thread to ask such a Question, but don't you find this newly emerged name Obama interesting?

Osama
Usama - USama - US.Armor? U.Sam A? like Uncle Sam?
USAma
Obama
Oh. Bomb. A
Oh. Bomber

?

Just a little thought process I've been curious about recently.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
God Esoteric, you did it again.

Your play with words caught my attention, and once again I enjoyed as I read.

Not saying Im agreeing or disagreeing, but many times I had quite enjoyed just the play with words in your post.

Nice to see some creative writing/self expression on the boards.

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 24-1-2007 by dAlen]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join