It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Concern

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
My one concern relating to crashes involving UFOs is , these crafts travel tens if not hundreds of light years across the rig-ores of deep space yet appear to crash when hit by lighting or high winds , not even our aircraft do that,
like the " H " beams recovered at Roswell which couldn't be broken or melted yet the craft smashed to bits???

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Our airplanes don't crash when hit by lightening, but then again they don't travel outside our atmosphere either. Obviously there are some trade offs in technology. If they are in fact surfing the great magnetic highway, any disturbance in their electromagnetics would quite simply, screw them.

As far as wreckage, there is a million and one things that could be going on. Self distruct, molecular breakdown when their "engine" goes poop, things going boom when exposed to our atmosphere, and so on.

Good concerns, sure wish I knew the real answers.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
not meaning to detract from my skeptical attitude, but they always seem to crash in places where there are extremely limited numbers of people, and/or extremely limited access.

I'm not suggesting I hope one crashes in New York City in broad daylight or anything like that, but it is interesting to try and resolve a reason if not a motive.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hmmm... first of all, there is little proof anything extraterrestrial crashed here. Yes, there are rumors, legends, hints, but nothing definitive, much less about its origins. The Roswell story has too many contradictory versions as to take it as the definitive case.

But think about other points of view that could make crashes easier to accept:

- UFO's may not be something extraterrestrial, travelling thousands of light years. It could be a multi-dimensional phenomenon, travelling across dimensions.
- It could natural phenomena, not yet undestood.
- It could be supernatural-spiritual phenomena, not a material one.
- It could be terrestrial in its origins...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Who knows.

Maybe there not aliens.

Maybe for the last sooOOOo many years, its just been a deliberate act to keep it in the publics eye, so they (the powers that be) can use it later on to fake invasion and/or press for One World Gouvernment (thinking of the famed Regan speech about how everyone world band together under the threat of alien invasion).

Who knows? but i agree with the above,they may not be space travellers at all.

UFO crashes ARE swept up pretty fast, enough that reports are made and things are seen, but never anything TOO conclusive....such as a large saucer sticking out of yer nieghbour's roof

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
not meaning to detract from my skeptical attitude, but they always seem to crash in places where there are extremely limited numbers of people, and/or extremely limited access.

I'm not suggesting I hope one crashes in New York City in broad daylight or anything like that, but it is interesting to try and resolve a reason if not a motive.

On the one hand, I am inclined to agree. Why would something so technologically advanced take the plunge like that? It seems that they would design their ships to deal with things like static electricity.

As to signg86's post, I am inclined to believe that if a UFO crashes that it will do so in the middle of nowhere. If a UFO crashes on a random spot on the earth, chances are more than 7 in 10 that it will hit the ocean. Assuming even that UFO's stay away from the ocean and are interested in our military bases, and assuming that they stay away from cities and the like, as might be logical, that seems to suggest even more that they would not crash in heavily populated areas.

Of course, that immediately raises the question of why no one in the history of man has ever accidentally stumbled upon one. Assuming that there have been other crashes, it is reasonably argued that any craft that crashed were quickly cleaned up. Roswell may be so extraordinary because we found it before they did.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Horses do not fall down and die if they get beaned by a duck or goose, but modern jet can.

new topics

top topics

join