It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Powell Has Cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Just saw it on skynews, colin powell is undergoing surgery for prostate cancer... more later.

COLIN POWELL RECEIVES CANCER SURGERY

US Secretary of State Colin Powell is undergoing surgery for prostate cancer.

"Secretary Powell is undergoing surgery this morning for prostate cancer," the State Department said in a statement.

The operation is being performed at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington DC.

There has been increasing speculation in Washington that Mr Powell will not be serving another term in George Bush's administration.

More follows...

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by Nerdling]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the news. At least prostate cancer is very common and very treatable if caught early.

I'd suspected he would not be back for another round with Bush -- but not from health reasons.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Colin Powell will be a next Lance Armstrong... Come back stonger than ever...

And may be the first independent to win a election for U.S. president (2008). How's that for a prediction?

P.S: Yes I do hope he will become an independent,

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Would it not be irony if he had colon cancer instead of prostate?
Sorry, Bad joke, there is nothing funny about cancer.
It's was just the names I was poking fun at not the illness.
Someone would have said it sooner or later.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This is an excellent post Nerdling.

ATS members are often informed of breaking news by posts such as this.I know I was.

One point though.Have you added this breaking story to the ATS news portal?
Dexxy's post on Saddam's arrest is another good example of a breaking story that was not put on the news portal straight away.

But thankyou none the less.I like Colin Powell.He is the exceptable face of conservative American politics.A man who has seen war and understands that it is always best to avoid it.

I hope his treatment goes well and he recovers.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
This is an excellent post Nerdling.

ATS members are often informed of breaking news by posts such as this.I know I was.

One point though.Have you added this breaking story to the ATS news portal?
Dexxy's post on Saddam's arrest is another good example of a breaking story that was not put on the news portal straight away.

But thankyou none the less.I like Colin Powell.He is the exceptable face of conservative American politics.A man who has seen war and understands that it is always best to avoid it.

I hope his treatment goes well and he recovers.

Why thank you john
*COUUGH*APPLAUSE*COUGH*

oh my, my sore throat is acting up again, i should add it to the portal but i'm not quite sure how, as i've never known nor used it.

Don't let his face fool ya, he's a major conservative like cheney and has sat on the boards of many companies.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
And may be the first independent to win a election for U.S. president (2008). How's that for a prediction?

P.S: Yes I do hope he will become an independent,

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by TheBandit795]
That would be cool to see Colin Powell as President of the United States.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
All my wishes to him for getting better quickly...having prostate cancer can be very painful.

Cheers for the news Nerdling...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Just a little update for you people...

Powell cancer surgery 'a success'
US Secretary of State Colin

Mr Powell is one of the Bush administration's most familiar faces
Powell's prostate cancer surgery has gone well, the State Department says.

Spokesman Richard Boucher said doctors had "localised" the cancer and a full recovery was expected.

The operation was performed at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC.

Mr Powell's is expected to stay there for several days. The State Department said his workload would be reduced during his recovery.

Mr Powell spent the day before the operation in telephone talks with foreign ministers around the world on the capture of Saddam Hussein. The top US diplomat since January 2001, Mr Powell is a familiar figure on the world's diplomatic stage and has a distinguished military background.

There had been no hint that the secretary of state was unwell, BBC Washington correspondent Jon Leyne reports.

Only a couple of weeks ago he was on a gruelling tour of Europe and North Africa and, in typical style, he visited three countries on one day.

Although Mr Powell is 66, our correspondent notes, he gets up at 0530 every morning and works out on an exercise bike.

Yes, he's fine folks!

Source: BBC News
Article: news.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

join