It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXECUTE SADDAM?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Please answer by saying YES or NO with a synapses.

No theories, bashing, no long explanations.

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by U.S. Patriot
Please answer by saying YES or NO.

A yes or no would be the only thing to see what the members are thinking.

To do that would stop us actually being able to reply due to posting size limitations.

I say NO, and i'm going to explain why, to kill him would only make him a martyr in the eyes of other terrorists. I don't believe in the death pentalty, i am thinking about making an exception in this case though, i'd rather see him spill his guts on everyone and then get thrown away forever

Perhaps we could keep to short statements instead of one word answers, you should justify your decision.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:00 AM
link   

awww... you're taking all the fun out of it!

...fine...(bottling firy opinions)...NO

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I also say NO. Too easy to pay for his crimes. He knows alot of information and martyrdom is not justifiable here either. Give him time to think about the hell he has CREATED.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:05 AM
link   
justify eh? simply because no good will come of it. it won't change anything. just piss some people off, and temporarly boost other people's ego/pride.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
No.
But Dont let him sit in a cushy jail cell with tv etc.
Put him in one of his own jail cells.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Sorry can't answer yes or no.

For me it very much depends on the judicial process and who controls it.

Generally most civilised cultures do not except that the death penalty is a decent way for mankind to serve justice.

There are exceptions like Saudi Arabia,USA,Russia, Iran,Syria.China and other third world countries.

I would like to see a higher justice.One that puts the judges above the criminal.

Leave ultimate justice to God.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Please answer by saying YES or NO.

A yes or no would be the only thing to see what the members are thinking.

I think Saddam has a mawworm in his head.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
No.
A couple of reasons:
* Milochivich(sp) is on trial and he is exempt, or the death penalty has been excluded from being given to him and he is up for "Crimes Against Humanity"...in such, why should Saddam being given the death penalty, when Milochivich (sp) is not recieving it as well?

* Saddam needs to be tried by the Iraqi people. Of coarse the 'international' community will have representation, but if done right and jointly, were all sides are adequately represented, the trial could be most revealing.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
YES

Only his final execution will hit home to Iraqis (many of which believe him to have supernatural abilities), that he isn't coming back. To those thinking this would "Martyr" him...it won't. He's already lost that in the Arabs' eyes from the circumstances of his surrender. Trust me, the fact that he was armed, and didn't go out shooting, is having many Arabs shout "coward!", and is even having the strange effect of ticking off the Iraqis, who, if Saddam would have come out guns a blazin', that their fear of him would have been justified to the world. But now, they feel it has somehow cheapened their fear.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Normally, I�m against the death penalty except for extreme situations, this being one of them. However, at the end of the day, the Iraqi people should ultimately decide Saddam�s fate.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
You don't think the Iraqis will rush through a trial and execute him?

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I believe the Iraqi governing council banned the death penalty for the time being. We shall see.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I don't think he should be executed. I do believe the Iraqi people should decide his fate, and maybe they will choose to hand him the death penalty, but it seems a very EASY sentence given the suffering he has caused for so many people during his reign.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
They should have tossed a grenade in that hole he was found in and said they never found him. I think there's going to be a very long and expensive trial. There's probably going to be a lot of his supporters walking around with bombs strapped to themselves in protest.

Yes - I hope he is executed.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm not sure myself.

I'm generally against the death penalty, as I don't think it acts as a deterent and tends to reinforce the message that killing *is* justified, which is a "slippery slope" IMHO.

I suppose my concerns about *where* and *how* he is kept and imprisoned - and the people who will be his jailers? What if there are "rescue" attempts/ attacks on the prison etc by extremists? What about the potential of harm to his captors? Could *they* become targets for "hit squads" in the future?

OK, I hear you say, we simply incarerate Saddam some place and dodn't tell anybody *where* he's imprisoned (as, for obvious reasos at the moment). But then how would we proceed? Would he be like Rudolph Hess in Spandau, isolated from everybody else, so the chance of someone "telling on him" is decreased? If so, at what expense to his keepers? Who "foots the bill"??

So, perhaps, a well aimed bullet would do nicely - but I suppose that option was reduced when he was trapped in his "hidey-hole"??

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
if you execute him then you risk the chance of him becoming a sort of hero or icon among the supporters of saddam, thats the last thing we need.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

Generally most civilised cultures do not except that the death penalty is a decent way for mankind to serve justice.

There are exceptions like Saudi Arabia,USA,Russia, Iran,Syria.China and other third world countries.

What a news JB1. I didn't know that you was seeing Saudi Arabia, Russia, China , Syria and other third world countries as civilised cultures.

Oh yeah, I vote " NO ". No death penalty 4 Saddam. Otherwise he will be seen as a martyr if he's executed.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Manuel Noriega

CIA assisted/installed operatives don't get executed.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcoy
No.
But Dont let him sit in a cushy jail cell with tv etc.
Put him in one of his own jail cells.

Not so sure
To give the people proof he is gone for ever = yes
for revenge = No

Will he ever get a fair trial???

It would have been a lot easier to have parked a tank over the hole and forget about it for a while.

I suppose he has information which they want to justify there actions
Or they can release information which they have constructed and say that he has passed this information on again to justify things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join