It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the eight-pointed star?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'd like to initiate a little dialogue regarding this symbol--if at all possible.

Mainstream and independent motion pictures are being used to deliver a message, a manifesto IMO.

The movies which exhibit this symbol have been made by people with similar backgrounds national and/or religious.

The placement in the movies occurs almost always at a revelatory moment, and the camera lingers on the symbol, begging the audience to make the connection. So far, it has not happened as far as I know.

So, does it mean anything in particular? And if so, what?

Is there anybody out there?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I don't recall seeing an 8-pointed star. What company uses that?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Jessica:

The symbols are present in the movies themselves.

The eight-pointed star as a symbol represented Venus and originated in Sumeria as long as 6000 years ago.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What kind of movies does the star appear? I don't recall seeing a star in a movie, but I don't watch many movies anyway.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Actually, the first movie I saw with the eight-pointed star was...

The Wizard of Oz.

Although I didn't realize the possible significance of it for maybe 40 years.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by myriadsmallcreature]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
any other movies? this seems to be going no where fast

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Which films, this is the first time i've thought about 8 pointed star.

google comes up with Gnostic/Phoenician?/Pagan/Abundance and Goodwill

This one is Amish.

I'm a bit new to symbology - can't recall it from any films

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm going to take this slowly in the hopes that someone will add something along the way.

It needs to be done slowly.

In TWOO, the eight-pointed star is first of all in Professor Marvel's wagon. You can see it between Dorothy and the Professor while he is reading her fortune in the crystal ball.

It reappears later in the Emerald City.

Anyone else?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Go on please (tentatively i must add)

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
The second movie I saw with the eight-pointed star was 'Eyes Wide Shut'...

in the ballroom of Ziegler's house at the Christmas party.

as Alice was dancing with Szandor. The camera danced in circles around them, always with the a star in the background, as he tried to introduce her to... what...

It was after seeing the movie for the second time that I stumbled across references to the eight-pointed star otherwhere.

Soon after that I just happened to watch The Wizard of Oz, and noticed the similarity. It would be difficult to retrace all of the steps from the beginning to present day. I'll do the best I can.

My main purpose however is not to convince you of anything in particular, but instead to gain information myself. To that end, it is not necessary to waste any effort insulting me, or deriding any coincidences as meaningless. I'm sure there are many other conspiracies to debunk.

Suffice it to say that the two movies have much in common besides the eight-pointed star.

new topics

top topics

join