It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HEART STORES MEMORIES!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Scientists believe they have found out a reason why people who have Heart Transplants seem to remember some of the things that the donor has experienced. The heart apparently has neurons, or cell memory. I have no real idea if it is actually neurons in the heart of something within the cells of the heart. But it gives it some memory retaining capacity.

Now I only heard this on the radio, no citable source but if anyone feels like researching it out better or has some experience with it, be my guest, I just thought it was pretty cool because I've heard a lot about people who had heart transplants and would then have experiences or feelings that the donors used to have. I saw a show once on that as well, and the family thought it was something to do with god or something like that, but apparently it's not so simple as god, but rather "cell memory".

Well, post your comments here

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I heard the same thing about the stomach. I'll see if I can find links...

[EDIT]

Found some info on your second brain

www.aikidoaus.com.au...

Still working on the heart... kinda hard so far

[Edited on 18-11-2002 by JamesG]

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Really? Cool. If I ever get old and need one, I'll make sure I get
it from someone like Einstien. Just think what his has stored up.

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think I would nominate this one for the Abve Tp Scrt award, or whatever kano was talking about, because it sounds completely ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Roomantically, alas, this is all too often true.
But in any scientific sense, this makes no scientific sense.
I think you'll find the key word is in the second-line "seem".
And if you search the notion of "memory" in cellular memory you''ll find at best that it's a rather clumsy metaphor, used to shed a little light on molecular patterning and structures. rather like saying a squeezed soft rubber ball "remembers" its original shape when I cease to squeeze it.
This is just the start of thing to start people off babbling about Jungian archetypes and past existences -so we shall see.
It's a pretty old SF and movie idea -going back to Frankenstein at least.
Nevertheless, an interesting notion, in some ways.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 03:58 PM
link   
yeah..well...maybe...

But your gut still has a mind of it's own!

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's yer HORMONES that have a mind of their own, kiddo!

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There really is a 'second' brain in your stomach. Check out my link to it up above ^^^^.... I heard about this quit awhile ago.... The heart thing just made me remember it.

top topics

join