It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son Of An Alien?!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hey all

Just wondered if any one has seen this footage; apparently a son of an alien. At the beginning i just thought another fake- but the 'being' is alive. I have never seen anything like it. Any thoughts?

www.youtube.com...

cheers

Elsa

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It is a type of birth defect. I forget the name, I'm sure someone will know the condition. It is not an alien bady. I think this has been posted before.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeMitsuko
bad stuff.

Very.

I don't envy that child one bit for the pain it'll endure before death.

Especially since when this happens in local 3rd world villages they assume the baby is some kind of creature.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
How terrible - more research should go into this

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What this is called is Harlequin ichthyosis. Most born with this die within the first two days of birth. I can assure you this is not an alien baby. The baby most likely has what is the skin condition listed above. I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. I have watched a wonderful documentary on two British families that have children with this condition. It is an incredible challenge in every aspect of life to live with this condition and care for someone with it.

One set was sisters, and their story is absolutely incredible. I would like to post the link to information on these sisters because their story is reallly worth the read.

Harlequin Ichthyosis

Here are more case images of this condition which will show that this case posted is not one of a kind.

More cases

The documentary took place in the family homes, medical institutions, and universities. The great news is that they might have a better grasp of this condition now, and these people with this condition just might have a chance of a normal life.

This documentary truly touched me and I am very happy for these families ... they have been through so much! You can read more about this documentary on the link above. Here is a quote from the site listed above to shed some light on the research that has gone into this condition.

Research led by Professor David Kelsell from the Centre for Cutaneous Research, has made a major breakthrough in this disorder. His team have found that a gene called ABCA12, which codes for a protein that is important in lipid transport, skin barrier formation and skin cell development is abnormal in this disease. Mutations within this gene were found to be the major cause of Harlequin Ichythosis.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I don't know why someone would put this into this forum. Is CLEARLY a baby suffering a terrible disease. Some moderator should close this nonsense.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I feel the same way, but the outlook is to educate rather then allow it to continue on as a false. Unfortunately this is all over the net as being alien babies. Harlequin ichthyosis is so rare that it is not known by most so sadly this is what happens. It is a medical condition in medical journals, and yes these are not always pleasant.

This will hopefully settle the incorrect labels that are put on this condition and end the misconceptions. If 500 people today read this post there are now 500 more people to debunk that alien baby theories runnin amuck out there.

A misconception happens when a person believes in a concept that is objectively false.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Wow, i feel so bad for the poor thing. Really death is the best thing for this baby.

top topics

join