It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pig farmer confessed to 49 killings, but now denies it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My gut insinct says that there are a number of people involved in the murders

Pickton was (IMO) not acting alone in this mass murder. There will be more people implicated, I'm sure of it.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I am not so sure myself, there are numerous accounts of a mass murderer able to take many many victims.. I will point again towards the Greenriver killer, Gary Leon Ridgway, he confessed to 48 murders through his 20 year career as a killer... Henry Lee Lucas is another (allthough at times he worked with a partner Otis Toole) allthough Lucas has proved to be a liar at best and his murder spree cannot be fully substantiated..
My point here is that Pickton surely could have done these dasterdly deeds solo.. but I would not rule out accomplisses.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
My gut insinct says that there are a number of people involved in the murders

Pickton was (IMO) not acting alone in this mass murder. There will be more people implicated, I'm sure of it.

Any evidence to back that up, or is it, as you say, a gut feeling? Pretty wild accusation for just a feeling don't you think?

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
That's a chilling thought Masqua. One wonders how brazen he might have gotten, operating with impunity for so long. I wonder if he did any murder for hire kicks or 'showing off' that implicated a drunken party-goer who has since kept their mouth forever shut and never comfortably silent.
It really leaves a lot of horrible implications to the imagination, what kind of day to day influence, this man may have had on those in his life. How banal did the murdering pig farmer become?
Getting a prostitute off the streets is what a cop would like to do - when one disappears they like to think it's a job well done.
Awareness is improving and many forces are now keeping records of 'strange tricks' as a method of flagging possibly dangerous violent offenders.
He should never get out, we should study the full extent of his criminal activity.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by drconfused
My point here is that Pickton surely could have done these dasterdly deeds solo.. but I would not rule out accomplisses.

He could have...except for the fact that he used his farm for a series of regular partying. Apparantly these 'parties' were of a type one could only describe as 'depraved'.

I'm not going to start filling in the details here, because I consider ATS to be a 'family oriented' place and those facts which are already known are truly disgusting.

Those facts will surface, though, and when they do, you'll see why I think there'll be other 'defendents'.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
dont mean to get off topic... but appearently there are rumors about a movie coming out about this... starring Picton...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Any evidence to back that up, or is it, as you say, a gut feeling? Pretty wild accusation for just a feeling don't you think?

I remember some details which emerged as the case first broke in the early days of the police search on the farm itself.

I know those are wild assumptions (not accusations), but I suspect that some of those involved in the partying were culpable.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Piggy's Palace was on a different parcel of land and not the farm. There were different kinds of 'parties', some were pig roasts you could take your family to and then there were the 'depraved' kind. One of the mayors even attended parties there sometimes.

Just so you don't get the wrong idea about my friend who went to some of the functions....

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I know those are wild assumptions (not accusations), but I suspect that some of those involved in the partying were culpable.

I really don't mean to be nasty here (especially since you are a mod, arghhhhh) but suspicion in this case is silly. The facts are there, you have a person who will admit to it, he hasn't (as far as i am aware) accused anyone else. These kinds of people would happily put others in the spotlight to reduce their own sentences.

Serial killers are usually devious individuals, they can last for many years without being caught and it is said that many can last a lifetime without getting caught. The reason they are serial killers is becuase they plan their crimes, it isn't a crime of passion that is then covered up.

Let's remember that some of these people plan their crimes many months in advance and eventually arrive at a formula for commiting a crime that goes undetected, or at least a crime that cannot be attributed to them. ~Their experience means they can continue to avoid detection.

My mind is open until all the facts are released after the trial. It really si worrying these people exist, but they always have, in our soceity of surveillance, it is easier to detect them, but it isn't fool proof.

jra

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
The main question that came to mind, as the article does not give many details, but how did he dispose of the bodies?
Did he feed them to the pigs?

I have no doubt that he fed them to the pigs. They will eat anything and everything if they are hungry. I think they digest everything except for teeth and fingernails. At least according to the movie 'Snatch' (the villain in the movie fed bodies to pigs), but i digress...

This is truly a horrific and sickening thing to happen here. It's equally bad that the Police didn't do anything all those years too. Maybe it's because no bodies ever turned up, and they just assumed they ran away somewhere. I don't know, that's still no excuse really. I think the Police have become too jaded when it comes to dealing with things in East Vancouver (it's one of the worst neighborhoods in Canada), hopefully that will change.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by jra]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   

If he did feed them to the pigs, who ate the pigs

The pigs were supposedly fed to guests of the parties. I'm just curious about Pickton's brother, whether he's totally innocent in this or not.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Not to burst any bubbles, but this guy is not one of the worst. He doesn't even come close to making the top ten. He might be Canada's worst, but he's small potatoes compared to the monsters of history.

Anyway, I wonder how many people unwittingly ate the victims? This fella sold his sausage, didn't he?

Nasty business.

What really gets me though is the response of the police. When people called to report loved ones missing, the police brushed them off. I read one account where the relatives were told just to post a picture of the missing person down at the needle exchange. :shk:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

I remember some details which emerged as the case first broke in the early days of the police search on the farm itself.

i live in vancouver also.... ive heard from media who knew details and speculation long before any official police annoucements, and its generally thought that his farm and pigs were also used not just by him but by local organized crime as a disposal ground.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

The main question that came to mind, as the article does not give many details, but how did he dispose of the bodies?
Did he feed them to the pigs?

If this is the same Canadian pig farmer that I read about, then the way he disposed of the prostitute's bodies was by cutting them and feeding their remains to the pigs. People would go to the man's farm to buy pork, and many were sickened after hearing that they ate pork that may have contained human remains as well.

kix

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I am against death penalty but in this terrible case he should be feed to the pigs alive and call it an accident...

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
More on this story.

Police in Canada have warned that pork processed on a farm in British Columbia may be contaminated with human remains.

None of the meat from Pickton's farm was sold in shops, but he often gave friends and associates frozen pork products.

One of the victim's mothers, Lyn Frey said: "It's disgusting. It's absolutely insane. How many people have eaten something from that farm?"

Since there is alot of people who are near this incident on this thread, has anyone you know eaten pork from this place?

Whats grim is not just the fact certain people might have eaten pork fed on humans, but would relatives of the victims have done the same?
Essensially eating their relative

Link.

From another source.

Police told Robert William Pickton, 56, in a recorded interview that a "huge amount" of blood was found in a trailer on his farm.
An officer said: "That's human blood, lots of it. That's (alleged victim) Mona Wilson's blood.

Spilt blood? or collected blood?

Link.

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Denied]

[edit on 25-1-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Again, more information is being released.

A witness said she saw him hang one of his victims from a meat hook to bleed the body before feeding it to pigs.

Staff Sergeant Don Adam tells Pickton that the police know he is being blackmailed by a woman who saw him skinning a body in the slaughterhouse.

"She talks about coming in on you skinning a girl while she was hanging from a hook," S/Sgt Adam tells Pickton.

Do you think he is going to hell?
Well that's another thread completely.

Source.

[edit on 26-1-2007 by Denied]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
They could feed him to pigs - alive, televise it with the Benny Hill theme tune. Make it Pay Per View!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join